PDA

View Full Version : unable to join for Elite: Bael

Killingsworth
07-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Hello, recently one of my guild mates has come across Elite:Bael and attempted to invite me to aid in taking him down. However after many, many different attempts at joining, I myself had no success in joining, neither did several other guild mates. Has anyone else had this problem? If so have you overcome it?

Ebezaanec
07-19-2013, 08:05 PM
This has happened to me several times.

My guess is your guild mate used the solo party trick to hunt Bael alone. The downside of this trick is that it locks the map so no one else can join...

This is very frustrating since Bael doesn't show up often and the fact that you can't invite others makes it worse.

Killingsworth
07-19-2013, 08:29 PM
If in fact it was solo party related, there should be something implemented to allow joining mid-run in the event someone finds Elite:Bael even if the player was hunting solo. I thought the whole point of this Normal Dungeon rare elite boss was the opportunity to invite your guild mates to help you, something not possible in Elite Dungeons.

Alrisaia
07-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Was this when I found him kill or did it happen again?

And yes I used the solo part trick...

So now we hunt in teams of two

Killingsworth
07-20-2013, 01:00 AM
@Alrisaia -- Kora found Elite:Bael earlier -- to my knowledge without the use of the solo party trick. No matter how many different ways we tried to join it was just not possible. Could a Dev comment on this please?

keikali
07-21-2013, 06:16 PM
I just had this issue today. I was actually bored and looking for him and if I ran into him i was going to invite some guildies to help.

So...guess what happened? I ran into him and tried inviting guildies or friends to help and NOTHING. It basically locked out the map and I had to solo him. And yes I did solo him with no issues, did die a few times but timed everything correctly to wtfbbqpwn him for a noble piece drop.

I rather have preferred to allow some guildies in so they could have gotten the achievement for killing.

drgrimmy
07-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Maybe they changed it to prevent people from selling invites to fight elite bael II? It seems like this is deemed to be against the tos.

keikali
07-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Then this is totally retarded then. I mean NO ONE wants to waste hours looking for this guy but at least have the option to allow us to invite guildies only or something.

drgrimmy
07-22-2013, 12:40 AM
I just got him at crystal caverns with a pug. There was one space left and I was able to have a friend join. Probably only a problem if you do the solo trick. When in the map did you invite them to your party before they tried to join? The /partyinvite 000 trick is going to lock anyone out of the map. Forming a new party with those that you wanted to join may have opened it up...

keikali
07-22-2013, 08:53 AM
grimmy, I was the ONLY one in that map from start to finish. No one was even in my party.

What is this "party trick" everyone is talking about? If you can't mention it here, can you PM it to me? I'd like to know wtf is this and I probably accidentally did it or something and how can I undo this trick if I accidentally triggered it.

Rare
07-22-2013, 09:00 AM
grimmy, I was the ONLY one in that map from start to finish. No one was even in my party.

What is this "party trick" everyone is talking about? If you can't mention it here, can you PM it to me? I'd like to know wtf is this and I probably accidentally did it or something and how can I undo this trick if I accidentally triggered it.

The party trick he is refering to is the fake solo party you create by doing /partyinvite 000. Its creates a psuedo party of just yourself so you can run maps solo. Its not a real party though as you can still get other party invites.

keikali
07-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Oh that is so retarded rofl...but handy now.

Taejo
07-26-2013, 09:14 PM
I do not use the fake solo party trick and I was still locked out of the map. EDIT: Bael was spawned for Cheonje and I tried to join the map.

EDIT: Posted the guild tab screen shot. These screenshots are only edited in PowerPoint and cropped in Windows Picture Viewer, nothing more.

Alrisaia
07-29-2013, 02:33 PM
I no longer hunt Bael II for fun with my mage due to this bug. Devs please comment on this.

Obi
07-31-2013, 03:35 AM
Happened to me again. I think I've found what is causing the problem.

It is not because of /partyinv 000 itself - I did it many times without the problem inviting 3 more people every time without a problem. Soloing maps is faster alone and there are better odds when 4 people are looking for Bael than single party.

Just make sure that when inviting people you DO NOT reform or leave party. If you invite only one person and and he/she leaves the party then you have a problem.

I hope that helps.

You can /partyinv Ufol when you found Bael alone - I will join ;)

Alrisaia
07-31-2013, 10:14 AM

It is not because of /partyinv 000 itself - I did it many times without the problem inviting 3 more people every time without a problem. Soloing maps is faster alone and there are better odds when 4 people are looking for Bael than single party.

Just make sure that when inviting people you DO NOT reform or leave party. If you invite only one person and and he/she leaves the party then you have a problem.

I hope that helps.

I don't really understand these instructions... I'm sorry for being ignorant. :)

Taejo
07-31-2013, 11:09 AM

I hope that helps.

I was grouped the entire time when the bug occurred and I couldn't join.

falmear
07-31-2013, 03:35 PM
How often are you guys finding Bael? Because it seems like no matter how many times I run these maps he doesn't spawn except for one time. And the people who seem to be finding him most are low levels. Because these people are inviting me yet they can't even handle Bael, because they die so quickly (one hit). So I just tell them to no do anything and I solo him. So they get a free drop while I do all the work.

Taejo
07-31-2013, 08:08 PM
Maybe 2x a week, if I'm lucky. I don't hunt him for 2+ hours. I usually just run Harbor/CC out of boredom to level up pets/accrue PvE kills while waiting for friends to log on. It's strange, because I usually find him on the first 10 runs in the morning :)

On a side note: I noticed that most PUGs have no idea how to hunt Bael. Yesterday, while running with a PUG in CC, they all ran straight to the Yeti's spawn area without killing a single mob. When they found out Bael wasn't up (imagine that!), they all left. I continued to clear the zone to see if he spawns - but he didn't, his place holder did. Point is, I think a lot of people don't know how to get him to spawn correctly.

Obi
08-01-2013, 08:00 AM
I was grouped the entire time when the bug occurred and I couldn't join.

Make sure that you have created a group in the town and NOT in the map as it could be already started by someone else. My way is 100% guaranteed that it works.