PDA

View Full Version : Level 31 Warrior Hauntlet >=90 second Achievement

Killingsworth
07-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if any Level 31 Warrior has completed the Hauntlet Achievement after reaching level 31. I've been trying and trying, and I just don't see how it's possible to do.

Can any end-game warriors shed some light on this topic? I am curious what your strategy is if you have been successful.

Alrisaia
07-20-2013, 05:18 PM
I don't think so mate. I've seen a lot of threads about full mythic groups having trouble doing it... But you know I'm willing to try ;-)

Killingsworth
07-20-2013, 07:41 PM
I spent three hours attempting this today with two sorcerers and a rogue, all of us with speed elixir and Slags. The best time we got was 1:35. We will continue trying throughout the weeks but it seems rather ridiculous that this achievement is impossible without spending gobs of platinum on re-speccing and elixirs.

Origin
07-20-2013, 07:58 PM
1:35 on just speed lix and slag? Wouldn't waste anymore plat re-specing, I'd say u're v close. Try speed+dmg lix, and going with full dmg pets. Slag not the best pet to use with speed lix since the movement bonus doesn't stack. GL :)

gundamsone
07-20-2013, 08:12 PM
I think it's possible with 2 rogues + 1 mage on dmg + speed elixirs

non-exlirs?gl unless you got maul

Killingsworth
07-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! My thoughts are that I need to re-spec to have Rally Cry for the 10% speed boost -- I think it will help us get under 1:30.

@gundamsone -- We are adamant about completing this in our group of 2 mages, 1 rogue and myself (warrior).

@TrueOrigin -- I had damage elixir on my warrior, the others did not. I failed to mention that before. I'm a tad confused about not using Slags though -- are you saying that the 10% speed increase offered by slag does not stack with speed elixir?

Origin
07-20-2013, 10:21 PM
@TrueOrigin -- I had damage elixir on my warrior, the others did not. I failed to mention that before. I'm a tad confused about not using Slags though -- are you saying that the 10% speed increase offered by slag does not stack with speed elixir?

There ya go pretty sure ur party will make it if everyone has the dmg lix. :-)

Re slag, Nope never saw a difference in time on speed lix, both twink and endgame levels. Pure yes.

Always nice to see a tight group of friends, passion over glory - u go man. :D Have fun gettin' that AP okey! Then u can laugh at how easy it turned out to be!! Show us some screenies of the afterparty xD

drgrimmy
07-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! My thoughts are that I need to re-spec to have Rally Cry for the 10% speed boost -- I think it will help us get under 1:30.

@gundamsone -- We are adamant about completing this in our group of 2 mages, 1 rogue and myself (warrior).

You can only increase your speed to up to 25% above normal, so pet's speed boosts don't stack on top of the elixer. Say you were to have 5/5 speed passive and shiloh, in that case it does stack to 5+12=17. If you then added a speed elixer it would only go up to 25, not 17+25=42.

I believe this was confirmed by the developers way back in the beginning of the game (the not stacking past 25).

Good luck!

Taejo
07-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Hi all, I was wondering if any Level 31 Warrior has completed the Hauntlet Achievement after reaching level 31. I've been trying and trying, and I just don't see how it's possible to do.

Can any end-game warriors shed some light on this topic? I am curious what your strategy is if you have been successful.

Hi Killingsworth,

I never thought my warrior would ever see this achievement. And although it is definitely catered towards players with top-notch gear and pets, it's still something you can attempt to complete. I managed to do this with my warrior using no elixers (pure run). My group was composed of 3 people total: a rogue (full mythic), a sorc (full mythic) and myself, a warrior (full mythic but used Storm Sword of Assault). Some of the details of our set up was as follows:

Mage respec'd for timed runs. Fireball, Clock, Wind and Lightning, +dmg passives. Used Slag.
Rogue was his normal build, not exactly sure of the details, but nothing special. Used Slag.
My warrior I respec'd to have: SS, WM, VB and HoR, +dmg passives. Used Shiloh.

We managed to clock in at 1:27. Keep your strategy tight. Kill those necromancers first and have your rogue dash for the doorway at the end. After I got this for my warrior, I swapped him out for my mage, who was also spec'd for timed runs. Completed the zone in 1:22.

Darko
07-22-2013, 01:44 AM
Nope its impoSsible for end gamers to get this speed....I tried with maul and all mythic group. ..same group who ran 1:15 back in lvl 21....this sho uld be looked at

Daddyblu
07-22-2013, 01:53 AM
LOL same with me! im a warrior tried with maul and mythic group of 1 soc and 2 rouge. its 1:20 LOL!

KingMartin
07-22-2013, 02:56 AM
I was the rogue that Kill is talking about -

Thanks for the tips, I did not realize that slag does not stack with elixir. We will try again with DMG/CRIT pets.

I do not have Pierced Shot (or whatever the accelerator is called, I don't use it, it is useless in PvE) but perhaps the rogue could stand close to the gate and fire shots at fallen warrior, then rush for the exit.

I just want to say that we all had DMG/Speed lixers and that this party clears Kraken Mines 3 in 1:50 without elixirs and with pendants on.

We still lose too much time killing the last mage in room 2 (I personally never spot him in all the frozen mobs lol).

Thanks for all the inputs

Olesku
07-22-2013, 03:57 AM
Upper Hauntlet was broken by devs (as a senior QA in other company, I can say so ;p)
It's impossible to do 1:30 for non-elixir non-mythic guys at all. Even with elixirs, there's rather a small chance a group of non-mythics without superb pets do this achievement.
Compared to two level caps ago, when you could finish it in 1:30 with warrior and three dps chars, now it's just a waste of time and making people sick :P

You should feel shame right now, devs, because you forgot to add Lower Hauntlet, which was promised long time ago ;)) this one could be harder, without destroying fun of existing one.

Taejo
07-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Nope its impoSsible for end gamers to get this speed....I tried with maul and all mythic group. ..same group who ran 1:15 back in lvl 21....this sho uld be looked at

It is definitely possible, otherwise my warrior (who doesn't have a maul, mind you) wouldn't have the achievement. It takes more strategy than equipment. I complained about this in a previous thread, stating that you needed well-geared rogues to accomplish this with a warrior. Looks like I was wrong about that.

Killingsworth
07-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I can't wait to get some platinum for elixirs so I can finally check this achievement off my list!

Taejo
07-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I can't wait to get some platinum for elixirs so I can finally check this achievement off my list!

To each his own, I suppose. I'll say it one last time: I wouldn't waste plat on elixers, as you don't need them for this achievement. Rather, you should use 10 plat to respec for the Hauntlet and then respec back to your normal build. Skills sets, strategy and your party members > elixers for this.

Killingsworth
07-22-2013, 11:20 PM
We tried again today and couldn't do better than 1:38 with damage pets and speed elixirs. We also tried twisting Ribbit to no avail. Can someone verbalize the strategy for room two? What should our game plan be?

Taejo
07-23-2013, 12:00 AM
We tried again today and couldn't do better than 1:38 with damage pets and speed elixirs. We also tried twisting Ribbit to no avail. Can someone verbalize the strategy for room two? What should our game plan be?

I bet you could shave off 8 seconds by making it a pure run :). Your warrior and rogue can travel quickly by using shadow piercer and skyward smash, so no reason for a speed elixer. I used Shiloh when I did it with my warrior, the sorc used Kettle and the rogue used Slag. If the sorc specs wind, then they can use that buff for run speed.

For stage 1, you have to clear all the mobs so its a pretty straight forward strategy. Just keep the necromancers from summoning more skeletons, and watch for that one skeleton who always spawns late behind the pillar. For stage 2, you don't have to clear it 100%. Fight in close proximity to the next doorway so the meteors of skeletons land close by. Your rogue should search and destroy the necromancers and not let them summon skeletons. Keep mobs clumped up for your warrior and mage to AE them. When you get to the fallen warrior in stage 3, pull him close to the final doorway while continuously hitting him. Have your warrior leave the fight at around 40% and skyward smash your way over the bridge to the end.

I'd help you in game, but I don't enough plat to respec my sorc at the moment.

KingMartin
07-23-2013, 02:27 AM
Good point about the Shadow Piercer, Taejo. I will try to respec - I don't use SP in PvE because it renders useless (and suicide) against strong bosses.

The first room is clear, finish off the mages quickly because they seem to be responsible for the timing of meteorites fall. And sure, not to forget the last bastard that spawns in front of the pillar.

As for the second room, we usually split in order to finish the 2+2 mages on the wings but to be honest, I never see the moment what have we done to clear room 2. I think I read that there are another two mages but it rather seems to me that we need to kill certain number of spawned mobs...

Thank you for the offer to help, mate - too bad it is against STS ToS to buy plat for you lol :) Seriously, we want to do this with the guildies, once this party makes it, we take the other guildies through this AP too. If we make it, that is... it is very frustrating, hours and hours of time spent in vain... next to one-shot-down by Bloodhammer and Frostir kills outside the red area one of the most frustrating moments in the game.

bhutkeyur
07-25-2013, 02:25 PM
I would say dont get too serious abt game bcoz game is broken and not properly balanced. If u want to get serious then try best mmo like world of warcraftwarcraft. Nine pound per month but it really worth it. Atleast that game devloper reply and care abiut their game ..not just about money.

Killingsworth
08-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Update: 36492

I finally got Haunted!!!!

Party dynamic: two Mythic Sorcerers with Abaddon as pet, myself (Mythic Warrior Armor, Storm Sword of Assault lvl 31) with slag as pet.

Alrisaia
08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Congrats Kill! - Also... I don't see active lixers on you? No speed or dmg?? :)

Killingsworth
08-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Congrats Kill! - Also... I don't see active lixers on you? No speed or dmg??

I was not using any elixirs for this run. I do believe the cheeses had damage elixirs on.

Origin
08-04-2013, 01:36 AM
Excellent, congrats! :)

chitgoks
08-04-2013, 02:51 AM
congratz! guess nowadays wearing only legendary wont get you anywhere. speaking from a mage point of view

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Origin
08-04-2013, 03:03 AM
congratz! guess nowadays wearing only legendary wont get you anywhere. speaking from a mage point of view

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

It'll still get u to a certain point, then it plateaus till u touch orange :) on another note, Arlor's becoming a much better place for mages and I'm very glad abt that! :)

Chauakai
08-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Good point about the Shadow Piercer, Taejo. I will try to respec - I don't use SP in PvE because it renders useless (and suicide) against strong bosses.

The first room is clear, finish off the mages quickly because they seem to be responsible for the timing of meteorites fall. And sure, not to forget the last bastard that spawns in front of the pillar.

As for the second room, we usually split in order to finish the 2+2 mages on the wings but to be honest, I never see the moment what have we done to clear room 2. I think I read that there are another two mages but it rather seems to me that we need to kill certain number of spawned mobs...

Thank you for the offer to help, mate - too bad it is against STS ToS to buy plat for you lol :) Seriously, we want to do this with the guildies, once this party makes it, we take the other guildies through this AP too. If we make it, that is... it is very frustrating, hours and hours of time spent in vain... next to one-shot-down by Bloodhammer and Frostir kills outside the red area one of the most frustrating moments in the game.

King - I use minimap to see how many guys are left and where they are. I noticed that you only need to kill everything but 4-5 enemies on the 2nd room before the door opens. Shadow Pierce is vital for rogues to have in Hauntlet. You have to get to the final boss and hit him with crit shots! Pierce also helps get you across the final bridge as well.

I have run the Hauntlet under 90 secs 3 times already at lvl 31. Lot of teamwork and luck necessary to run fast. I have used elixirs to do it and at least 3 people need to be on elixirs. That is the only way I have been able to do it.

Killingsworth - What weapon are you using? I ran my warrior solo in Hauntlet with and without elixirs. I noticed a difference of about 5 sec fast with dmg and speed elixirs. I ran with Entombed Hammer and also Storm Sword Potency. I noticed a run time 20 seconds faster with Storm Sword then I did with Entombed Hammer. My fastest solo time was around 2:30 I think.

Rogue skills - Pierce, Aimed, Nox, and I think Veil. Passive int, str, agi.
Mage skills - Fire, Ice, Curse, Clock. Pass int, agi, dmg. I have used pass str also.
Warrior skills - Smash, Wind, Splitter, Venge. Pass str, agi, dmg.

Pets I have used mainly are lvl 31 Slag on Warrior, lvl 30 Slag on Rogue, lvl 30 Slag & Ribbit on Mage. Slag mainly for dmg and AoE effect.

I am currently running my Mage through the Hauntlet with Lightning, Fire, Ice, and Clock for kicks and giggles. Trying to get Hauntlet coins for Shiloh.

Chauakai
08-04-2013, 01:57 PM
Congrats buddy! I was typing my previous post when you got the achievement. Now I need to work on my non-mythic warrior time. Lol!

Killingsworth
08-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Killingsworth - What weapon are you using? I ran my warrior solo in Hauntlet with and without elixirs. I noticed a difference of about 5 sec fast with dmg and speed elixirs.

Level 31 Storm Sword of Assault

Pets I have used mainly are lvl 31 Slag on Warrior, lvl 30 Slag on Rogue, lvl 30 Slag & Ribbit on Mage. Slag mainly for dmg and AoE effect.

I tried both Level 31 Ribbit and Level 31 Slag. IMHO you need Slag's AoE in order to shave off two seconds -- we start running for the closed plasma gate when the enemies are near death, then hit Slag Arcane Ability to finish them off. If you time it right the plasma gate opens a half second after AoE from Slag goes off.