PDA

View Full Version : New Mythic Pet (no plat required)......

Energizeric
07-21-2013, 03:34 AM
I suggest an idea for a new mythic pet that is purchased exclusively with story tokens, but requires 800 tokens. That means you have to do the bards quests (all 4 of them) for 200 days in order to get this pet. That's 6+ months.

I think it was tons of fun when we were all working hard towards getting colton during seasons 1 & 2. It was fun because nobody had an advantage no matter how rich or how good your gear was. The only advantage was those who spent the time, played every day, and perhaps those who started playing earlier.

This would give a chance for any player to get the mythic achievement without getting lucky with crates/chests, and without spending 250 plat for a mythic pet. But they would have to be a very dedicated player. Also, the egg could be sold, so someone who is a very dedicated player could also work very hard, and then sell the egg for a very nice profit. I'd imagine it would go for less than an Arcane egg, but much more than the best legendary eggs -- perhaps somewhere in the 5-8m range. This would give a chance to anyone to make someone serious gold without having to gamble or get lucky. It's just hard work over the long haul.

And to make this a bit more of a challenge as well, I suggest the bards quests should scale to level like Hauntlet does. Not so that it's impossible to do, but just so it's not a walk in the park where you just run over the mobs and kill the boss in 3 hits. Make it more of a challenge.

Anyone like this idea?

abihakim
07-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Not agree, so you have brand new pets on store which you can afford six month later?

And 250 plats for sts revenue, don't think they will make it free

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

moonway03
07-21-2013, 03:47 AM
I do!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Natrich
07-21-2013, 10:22 AM
screw that, I haven't done story quest in ages

Kraze
07-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Wouldn't happen either way but haunt coins would be a better choice

tramtamtam
07-21-2013, 10:49 AM
200 days for what?.. so there will be again players that will do token quests with their 20 toons and sell to new players for 40 millions. I vote NO

razerfingers
07-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Lol @ everyone complaining. I'd rather do 2min quests for 200 days and make 40m than farm and merch and get zip!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Taejo
07-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Only if it they make it possible to earn more than 4 coins per day (omit Shaz). And only if the new mythic pet doesn't get the same treatment as Colton - who's buff range is still way too small (and has never been changed even after several complaints).

Energizeric
07-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Wouldn't happen either way but haunt coins would be a better choice

Hauntlet coins would allow you to get it in 1 day if you spent a lot of time. The idea is for it to take a long time and not be possible to get quickly.

Guys, remember that this pet would not be a requirement for anyone. It won't have a specific achievement, nor will it have stats better than any other mythic pet. It will just be another option for players who have no plat but would like to be able to get a mythic pet, and of course the mythic achievement that most of us already have would be granted as well.

Regarding the comment that people would do it with 20 toons, here are my thoughts on that.... It takes me 5-6 minutes to do all 4 bards quests with my level 31 full mythic mage. I'd imagine it will take longer with lesser equipment or lower level toons. So to do all 4 quests every day with 20 toons would take a couple of hours. And they would have to do that every day for half a year. So if someone wants to spend 6 months spending 2 hours per day doing bards quests, then all the power to them LOL. Sounds like a pretty pitiful existence for 6 months though. I doubt anyone is going to do that.

Glitch
07-21-2013, 03:12 PM
200 days for what?.. so there will be again players that will do token quests with their 20 toons and sell to new players for 40 millions. I vote NO

You have to unlock all the bards meaning you can't just create a new toon and do bard quests, Gf.
Very nice idea Energizeric! Al though I doubt it will be implemented, nice idea nonetheless! :D
~glitch.

Jetzzz
07-21-2013, 03:54 PM
basicly he want to say
"I have lots of story tokens, and i hope i can make lots of money from it"

Taejo
07-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Hauntlet coins would allow you to get it in 1 day if you spent a lot of time. The idea is for it to take a long time and not be possible to get quickly.

Guys, remember that this pet would not be a requirement for anyone. It won't have a specific achievement, nor will it have stats better than any other mythic pet. It will just be another option for players who have no plat but would like to be able to get a mythic pet, and of course the mythic achievement that most of us already have would be granted as well.

Regarding the comment that people would do it with 20 toons, here are my thoughts on that.... It takes me 5-6 minutes to do all 4 bards quests with my level 31 full mythic mage. I'd imagine it will take longer with lesser equipment or lower level toons. So to do all 4 quests every day with 20 toons would take a couple of hours. And they would have to do that every day for half a year. So if someone wants to spend 6 months spending 2 hours per day doing bards quests, then all the power to them LOL. Sounds like a pretty pitiful existence for 6 months though. I doubt anyone is going to do that.

One thing that just came to mind (which I think you'll agree with) is that mythic pets are a major source of income for STS. Having a free one wouldn't be very beneficial for their profit margins. Of course, I would love to have a free (no real money/plat) mythic pet. But based on the way STS operates, I'm not very optimistic.

It's a good idea, though. I am simply hoping for a new pet, any pet, from bard story tokens this upcoming expansion. Hauntlet as well (release Lower Hauntlet already!).

Sibayjing
07-21-2013, 04:39 PM
I like this idea to offer a mythic pet for the hardworkers and not only for plat users, it will be fair for everyone but 800 is too much, we should make tokens tradeable per 50 or 100 coins

Energizeric
07-22-2013, 12:06 AM
One thing that just came to mind (which I think you'll agree with) is that mythic pets are a major source of income for STS. Having a free one wouldn't be very beneficial for their profit margins. Of course, I would love to have a free (no real money/plat) mythic pet. But based on the way STS operates, I'm not very optimistic.

It's a good idea, though. I am simply hoping for a new pet, any pet, from bard story tokens this upcoming expansion. Hauntlet as well (release Lower Hauntlet already!).

I don't think STS would lose any revenue from this. Most of the big plat spenders don't just want one mythic pet anyway. For example, I have both slag and ripmaw, and if they come out with another mythic pet I will probably get that one too.

Keep in mind one other thing...... The mythic achievement would only be granted if you hatch the egg. So this will give a chance to players who don't have any plat to get mythic achievement. Currently the only way for them to get this achievement would be to open large numbers of Elite Golden Chests hoping to loot a mythic item. Now they would have a way to do this without relying on luck -- something which you can do for arcane achievement (buying an arcane egg and opening it), but for which there is no way to do for the mythic achievement. This would add that option.

Obi
07-22-2013, 02:09 AM
Bards quests now are boring (after collecting colton), not challenging and not rewarding for high level toons.. I like to see them improved (option to increase difficulty and reward?).. giving more pets is ok, but not one that require 200 days to complete.. 500 coins seems more accurate (you pay 90plats for legendary and 250 for mythic pet now) but only if you can do it withing max two months..
If STS would add some chance for optional elite boss to spawn there (like Bael) I would start doing them again because that could be a challenge at least..

moot
07-22-2013, 02:10 AM

This exploiting technique will occur regardless what happens.

This is indeed a great idea. It won't make a harm to sts revenue on other mythic pet. It will give dedicated non plat player an absolute chance to earn at least 1 mythic in this game. Also I think making an arcane pet for maybe 3k story token is also great. It will be almost impossible to get unless you're really dedicated to this game. It won't harm the economy at all because of the ridiculous amount of story tokens needed.

I disagree with the tradeable option for story tokens. This is against what OP said in the first place. We want a reward for free player as well. We don't ask much, just a mythic/arcane in our lifetime.

Energizeric
07-22-2013, 04:58 AM
Bards quests now are boring (after collecting colton), not challenging and not rewarding for high level toons.. I like to see them improved (option to increase difficulty and reward?)

Notice I said this in my original post:

And to make this a bit more of a challenge as well, I suggest the bards quests should scale to level like Hauntlet does. Not so that it's impossible to do, but just so it's not a walk in the park where you just run over the mobs and kill the boss in 3 hits. Make it more of a challenge.

If STS would add some chance for optional elite boss to spawn there (like Bael) I would start doing them again because that could be a challenge at least..

Yes, that would be cool. But obviously the boss could not be as hard since you don't have a full party with you and you would have to be able to solo this boss. But yes, it should be hard enough that the average player should struggle to win the fight. But yes, this is a great idea and would further encourage people to do these quests.

Or maybe they should just add a new bard to the new town in the next expansion, and that quest is much harder and scaled to level 36.... This bard would give "mythic story tokens", and you need 100 of them to get the new mythic pet. So one each day, and you get 100 after 100 days of doing the quest. Then you sometimes get an elite boss thrown in there.

MfKaz
07-22-2013, 06:35 AM
If you could buy it for 25000k, then maybe yes but not 800 Tokens. That means I wouldn't be sleeping for a whole month!

Energizeric
07-22-2013, 01:21 PM
If you could buy it for 25000k, then maybe yes but not 800 Tokens. That means I wouldn't be sleeping for a whole month!

You would be able to buy it for whatever other players chose to sell it for. That would be up to them. And why wouldn't you be sleeping? The most bards quests you can do in one day is 4, and it only takes about 5 minutes to do them leaving plenty of time for you to sleep.

Alhuntrazeck
07-24-2013, 05:50 AM
Love the idea. Would also give me incentive to run bards more. +1

uiscabu
07-24-2013, 06:08 AM
i like the topic what enez choose, is any more options ?

Energizeric
07-24-2013, 02:07 PM

Something I think many of you fail to realize. You can't put story tokens in the stash. So it will still take 200 days to get the new pet even if you do it on 20 toons. You will just get 20 eggs in that case. So yes, if you want to spend 2 hours per day doing bards quests for half a year, then you will have tons of the eggs to sell after that.

ShadowGunX
07-24-2013, 02:32 PM
mythic means u can acquire only through plats.

Taejo
07-24-2013, 02:41 PM
mythic means u can acquire only through plats.

Yes, in regards to only pets this is true (for now). But in the general sense of the word, not true.

Energizeric
07-24-2013, 04:09 PM
The purpose of my idea is to change that. Again I'll say that I don't think STS will lose any sales from this.

Natrich
07-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Again I'll say that I don't think STS will lose any sales from this.

That's relative to there being nothing at all; of course you can't lose sales compared to nothing. So far the mythic/arcane pets have been released in pairs and this would throw that pattern off. Unless you'd want to replace the mythic stable pets with your idea, which would lose sales in that case

abihakim
07-26-2013, 05:17 AM
basicly he want to say

lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alhuntrazeck
07-26-2013, 10:16 PM
See, this would be q good way to make mythic pets available to all and not just the ones uber rich in rl life or AL (with lots of hard work).
A weaker mythic weapon could be available to buy with tokens maybe?

softly
07-27-2013, 12:01 AM
basicly he want to say

I wonder whose first name will pop up in AL traders market when this idea got implemented.

markuselliot
07-27-2013, 10:11 PM
basicly he want to say

I lol.
If it's a quest rewarding way, it shouldn't be a mythic egg, but a hatched pet like you freshly bought from stable.
Of course if its an egg people will work so hard on this and even poor people or low level twinks will find it easy to make money.
But this will make mythic pets cheap and even an abuse.

Maybe sts should do the +XP mythic pet in this way, then I have zero complain at the very beginning. If for ordinary pve or pvp regime, it has to be a purchase rather than a quest giving one.

Ulthyre
07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
This isn't hard its just time comsuming and dragged out .-. There should be trade-ins for the tokens and I dont think 800 tokens is enough for a mythic pet. not saying more tokens i'm saying not at all. This game has almost no difficulty.. in terms of quests.
There should be a questline that has timeframes, major bosses that use like 1000 pots, needs actual teamwork and twists here and there(oo traps). Something maybe like a dungeon where we fight to the death in search of the best items. Things that cannot be done within an hour -_- but takes a week of pure commitment. Questlines that give uber chests that give out sets or like a 5% chance of mythic.
Idk you get the idea, doing dailies is srsly nothing at all in terms of actually difficulty but for those players who are constantly active maybe like a free chests or items every few - six months

Energizeric
07-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Guys, I think you are forgetting that the most story tokens you can get in one day is 4. So 800 tokens will take 200 days (more than 6 months) to complete, and that is assuming you do all 4 bards quests every single day. And since you can't stash story tokens, you can't pool tokens from multiple toons to get the pet quicker. You must do it for 200 days on a single toon.

I really don't see how this would result in cheap prices for this egg. If you look in the auction, Meep Moop eggs go for around 60k and cost 100 story tokens. Colton eggs go for around 200k and cost 200 story tokens. That means even though it only costs 2x as many tokens, the egg goes for more than 3x as much. That's because it's really hard to accumulate 200 story tokens -- most players cash out long before then. Now imagine 800 tokens. I'd guess the egg would go for 5m gold minimum. If someone wants to spend 6 months accumulating story tokens and then sell the egg, then all the power to them. I think it would be a nice addition to the game.

moonway03
07-29-2013, 05:18 AM
How bout reset all tokens to zero when stg implement this,so we can have a challenging first one to get it is rich

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Obi
07-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Imagine that you could get Abbadon for 800 tokens.. will you spend over 26 (probably around 60) hours straight to get such a pet?
I did managed to get 200 coins Colton only because it was worth millions.. now I do not even bother with those bards quests.. waste of time..
Of course if I already had lots of those coins (like you) I would also like to see something better than Colton..
Hope that devs will listen to you once again. Good luck!

asimauara
07-29-2013, 01:22 PM
It sounds like more of a pain then a good thing unless the pet was arcane!

Energizeric
07-29-2013, 11:00 PM
It sounds like more of a pain then a good thing unless the pet was arcane!

Perhaps to you it does. I'm sure a lot of players (many of whom have trouble earning gold) would take advantage of such a thing and do the quests. The good news is it would be optional just like every other quest. If you don't like it, you don't have to do it.

Hinataa
08-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Nice, i like this idea, thats how ppl who don't pay plat can get mythic ap

ZeroGh
08-11-2013, 05:57 AM
HELL NO ... -1 ..... ((( 6 months)))

they should add an ELITE BOSS IN TALES that drops Elite Coins which u can use to buy the mythic pet (50 coins) ... :)

Uzii
08-11-2013, 07:09 AM
HELL NO ... -1 ..... ((( 6 months)))

:)

Couldnt say it better :)

Hinataa
08-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Mre like hauntlet points, something like hauntlet where u could raise those tolkiens, that would be amazing like a new map(area) or it could be raised in arena:)

Energizeric
08-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Mre like hauntlet points, something like hauntlet where u could raise those tolkiens, that would be amazing like a new map(area) or it could be raised in arena:)

The problem with the hauntlet token idea is that some good pro parties will finish in a couple of days, and then the eggs will flood the market driving the prices way down. Then they will become so cheap that nobody will see the need to buy the plat mythic pets, and STS will lose business. For that reason, I don't see them implementing this solution.

The whole purpose of my idea was that it DOES take 6 months to acquire this pet, and nobody can speed that up by making a pro party, or playing more hours, or pooling tokens from your different toons. Remember how hard it was to get Colton in the early days of AL? They were going for 3m per egg. That is what will happen with this mythic pet.

They don't have to use the bards quests and story tokens. If they did they would have to make those dungeons scale as they are too easy now. They could instead make a new dungeon and have a new kind of token. But the idea is that you can only do the quest once each day, and it will take a very long time to get this pet. It doesn't have to be 6 months, it can be 3 months. But should take longer to get this pet than it takes to get Colton since Colton is a legendary pet and this one would be mythic. It takes 50 days to get Colton since it requires 200 story tokens and you can get 4 per day max. A mythic pet should take at least twice as long, maybe even longer.

Maazilik
08-12-2013, 03:09 AM
Actually if they were gonna make a Mythic pet that wasn't for platinum it should be 250k because 250plat=250k

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-12-2013, 08:54 AM
I guess any suggestion that would make the players spend less plat would not be taken into action. Simply because plats are STS's way of earning and keeping the game servers up. It being free to play is already an awesome offer. :)

Pandamoni
08-12-2013, 09:09 AM
I was sure to log in every day ro get enough tokens for Colton. That's when it sold for 1mil. By the time I got it, it was down to about 200k, but I was still stoked bc up until that point I had only been able to earn 80k from farming. I think this is a good idea and might get people logging in again.

falmear
08-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I would rather see another legendary pet like Colton then a mythic pet. This gives a chance for more people to have it and keeps prices for such a pet reasonable. And not another gift to merchants or people saving story tokens.

Anymove
08-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Disagree.
Would be so boring to spend 10mins per day for 6 months. It's just so boring dude.
If 1 platinum worth 1000 golds, better if the mythic pets' price is 250k than 800 or maybe 500 story tokens. :stupid:

Deadroth
08-12-2013, 01:12 PM
g r e a t i d e a

Energizeric
08-12-2013, 09:47 PM
I guess any suggestion that would make the players spend less plat would not be taken into action. Simply because plats are STS's way of earning and keeping the game servers up. It being free to play is already an awesome offer. :)

I don't think it will result in players spending less plat. That is the whole point of making it so difficult that it takes 6 months to get this pet.

If the pet is easy to get, then I agree that it will hurt plat sales. But if the pet is so hard to get, then those with plat will just buy themselves a plat mythic pet, and only those without plat will work so hard to get this one. Yes, spending 250 plat is far easier than doing quests daily for 6 months. But that is the whole point of this....to give an option for those who cannot buy plat. If those players cannot buy plat anyway, then it isn't hurting plat sales.

Disagree.
Would be so boring to spend 10mins per day for 6 months. It's just so boring dude.
If 1 platinum worth 1000 golds, better if the mythic pets' price is 250k than 800 or maybe 500 story tokens. :stupid:

Well then I guess you will have to find a different game to play.....LOL [/sarcasm]

Or.....how about you just don't do the quests and don't get the pet? You did hear me say it would be optional, right? Or if you must have the pet, you can buy the egg from the auction after someone else works for it.

This idea would just be an option for those who want to spend the time. There will be necessity in getting this pet. It won't give you any achievement that you wouldn't get from getting any other mythic pet, or looting a mythic item. It will just be one extra option for those who want it.

Why do players get so annoyed by having extra options for players to take advantage of? Just because you personally would not take advantage of this option does not mean others would not. Does it really bother you if others have more options?

Szangheili
08-12-2013, 10:02 PM
This guy needs a medal, lol. Took the words out of my mouth! This wouldn't be any fair. People have jobs, school, etc. Technically speaking, those with no lives who lives in their mothers basement will totally benefit. No fair! The Hauntlet token idea sounds good, but elite parties will totally benefit once again, catering to the people with lots of time in their hands.

Taejo
08-12-2013, 10:33 PM
This guy needs a medal, lol. Took the words out of my mouth! This wouldn't be any fair. People have jobs, school, etc. Technically speaking, those with no lives who lives in their mothers basement will totally benefit. No fair! The Hauntlet token idea sounds good, but elite parties will totally benefit once again, catering to the people with lots of time in their hands.

This reply is garbage, and the fact that someone thanked you for it is repugnant. First of all, your agreement with tramtamtam is mind-boggling. He/she obviously hasn't bothered to read Energizeric's idea in full (let alone this entire thread), because he/she is inferring that no one else has the ability to do this quest except for end-gamers. Last I checked, as long as you have unlocked the towns that the bard is in, you can do this quest daily - putting you on equal grounds with everyone else in the game. Secondly, you're honestly making the argument that spending 10 minutes a day (which is about how long all 4 bard quests take in total) is not fair, and that people with jobs, school, etc. are at a disadvantage? Did you even think about this statement before you typed it? Just because I might play this game for 2 hours per day but you only choose to play for 30 minutes per day, doesn't change a darn thing. We both can finish the bard quests and collect our tokens daily within about 10 minutes. You can finish these quests while standing in line for coffee if that's what you want.

This idea that Energizeric has put on the table has equal-opportunity written all over it. There are no special requirements to partake in the bard quests - so where in the universe are you guys pulling these notions that people will be at a disadvantage if they aren't hardcore, end-game players?

P.S. Making the generalization that people who play this game a lot all have no lives and live in their mother's basement is not technical speaking at all, and is pretty inconsiderate.

Pandamoni
08-12-2013, 11:26 PM

I keep my mother locked in my basement. Does that count?

Anymove
08-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Well then I guess you will have to find a different game to play.....LOL [/sarcasm]

Or.....how about you just don't do the quests and don't get the pet? You did hear me say it would be optional, right? Or if you must have the pet, you can buy the egg from the auction after someone else works for it.

This idea would just be an option for those who want to spend the time. There will be necessity in getting this pet. It won't give you any achievement that you wouldn't get from getting any other mythic pet, or looting a mythic item. It will just be one extra option for those who want it.

Why do players get so annoyed by having extra options for players to take advantage of? Just because you personally would not take advantage of this option does not mean others would not. Does it really bother you if others have more options?

Now I agree. Happy? +1

basicly he want to say

Lol. :stupid:

Szangheili
08-13-2013, 03:46 AM
Whoops, didn't mean to hurt somebody with my statement, but who cares? I was just stating how I felt, yeah it was a good idea, but if they ever do implement this in game, they should do it with Hauntlet coins. Idc if you think differently, I just simply do not like the idea, is there a problem with that? -.- The rich get richer in 200 days, why? Because like you yourself stated, 10 minutes everyday will simply get them to finish the quests and then sell the eggs for millions. Please think of what you're trying to do. Ppl have lots of toons you know.

Energizeric
08-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Whoops, didn't mean to hurt somebody with my statement, but who cares? I was just stating how I felt, yeah it was a good idea, but if they ever do implement this in game, they should do it with Hauntlet coins. Idc if you think differently, I just simply do not like the idea, is there a problem with that? -.- The rich get richer in 200 days, why? Because like you yourself stated, 10 minutes everyday will simply get them to finish the quests and then sell the eggs for millions. Please think of what you're trying to do. Ppl have lots of toons you know.

Do you really think someone with 20 toons is going to spend 3 hours per day for 6 months doing bards quests? LOL

If it takes 10 minutes per toon, then 20 toons means 200 minutes, or about 3 hours and 20 minutes. I think your suggestion that someone will actually do that is a bit crazy.

And BTW, if someone would spend this much time, shouldn't they make many millions? Would they not make millions of gold if they spent 3 hours per day farming Jarl for crates?

It appears to me that by my suggestion it would be so difficult to acquire this pet that it would not be a real money maker for anyone and would be mostly for those who are unable to get a mythic pet any other way since maybe they have no plat. I'm sure there are better ways to spend your 10 minutes per day if making money is your only goal. 10 minutes x 200 days = 33 hours. I'm sure if you spent 33 hours farming elites, or 33 hours in Arena, you would earn far more than however much this pet would sell for.

Szangheili
08-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Not saying people have 20 toons, but lets say i have 3 toons plus my main. That is 40 minutes a day every day and at the end selling each pet for 40mil. It's just not right, for 200 days spending almost an hour each day, to become a multi millionaire sounds crazy! I'm sorry Eni, I usually like most of your ideas, but this one i have to pass.

Taejo
08-13-2013, 05:32 PM
The rich will become richer whether or not this idea is implemented simply because that's the way this game's economy is structured. In light of this suggestion, we need to forget about the rich. The mindset of this idea shouldn't be on "the rich will get richer", but rather "here's an opportunity for poor players (less gold) who don't spend plat and have less time on their hands to get a mythic pet". A quest with a timeline of this caliber will not be very inviting for people to take advantage of simply because the payoff won't be worth the time invested. People who farm and earnestly try to accumulate gold will make many millions in 200 days playing via more productive methods. As an active end-game player of AL, I can honestly tell you that I wouldn't even bother 'farming' this quest.

and at the end selling each pet for 40mil

Your estimation of 40m seems a bit exaggerated. Why would a pet that anyone who plays the game is capable of getting (and in the same amount of time) be worth 40m? Arcane pets barely hover around that number, so I doubt any mythic pet would ever reach that price simply because of 'mythic' quality value. This economy isn't perfect, but players still base some pet prices on their quality (e.g. Malison). Let's look at Colton for example: he's currently 200k and takes 200 coins (50 days) to get. Based on that - plus I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it's price will be overly inflated early on - hypothetically it might sell for 1.6m. However, no one can predict the cost of this pet; but I highly doubt it would be worth more than any of the older arcane pets such as Glacian and HJ who are currently around 10-15m.

Szangheili
08-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Ok, yes i did exaggerate for the price of this pet, and understand this is an opportunity for the poor make some cash, but lets get real here, we all know the vets of this game, like yourself and I, will all take advantage with our toons and after the 200 day count, end up with multiple Mythic or Arcane pet eggs. Does this seriously seem fair to those who do not have the opportunity to create multiple toons? I see this as, once again, the rich becoming richer. I'm not saying I'm poor, because in fact, I have Red Arlor sets in store, and many more expensive items ready to be sold, but I simply am saying, this idea will be exploited by many people, including myself! As much as I'd like to be richer, this will probably ruin the game in many factors. You want Mythic pet, simply spend money and plat.

JaytB
08-13-2013, 07:52 PM
I don't know if it's been said already but here is what I think about it...

I think it's a cool idea but if it ever gets implemented, I hope it will be an entirely new (daily?) 'token' quest. This would be the fairest for everyone and not only benefit the ones with many story tokens or hauntlet coins.

A completely new set of daily quests or a new level comparable to Hauntlet for a new mythic pet sounds pretty cool.

The problem could be that if those pets would be really good and grant that mythic title, I bet many less people would be buying Mythic pets from the stable. I know I wouldn't spend 250 plat on a pet if it's not significally better than what I can get for free. People also wouldn't need 250 plat, or open a fortune on elite golden warchest anymore, to get that Mythic title, banner and AP (are there AP's for that?).

So yeah, love the idea of a new 'free' Mythic pet, if it would be with something nobody gets a head start for, but not sure how well it would be for STS/G as a business.

Szangheili
08-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Exactly ^^, they will no longer make money. Plat=Income, they wouldn't stop that for something we can only benefit for. Maybe they can make a new dungeon that costs some plat to run, and when the run is over, you can loot some good stuff, and also make a new Token. And after X amount of tokens you can earn the pet. We both benefit off of this, and STS/G make some amount of income. :)

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Jay, some people made that same argument about the Arcane banner & title when I suggested that hatching an Arcane egg should grant the title. People said that locked crate sales/plat sales would suffer because of this since nobody would want to open those crates if they could get the title for free. All of those concerns were misplaced since we have seen locked crates only grow more popular as can be seen by them having double the price that they had before this change was made, and Arcane pets now go for 50% more than they did before that change.

I think you will see the same thing if they make such a change for mythic eggs. It will not affect plat sales one bit. People here are talking like this egg is going to go for 40m. Yet Hammerjaw Egg goes for 10-12m. How do you figure a mythic egg will go for more than an arcane egg? Both would grant the appropriate title, yet the arcane pet will have clearly better stats. It makes no sense. At best I could see a mythic egg going for 3-5m, and that is only at the beginning. Later on once they are more common the price will fall and I could see it settling on 1-2m. Even at a price of 3-5m, it would be a big waste of time to try to get this pet only to turn and sell it unless you are a twink who is unable to farm elites. Elite farming would be immeasurably more profitable per hour spent.

Szangheili
08-14-2013, 12:43 AM
I like how you throw a sub "People here talking about pet selling for 40mil" as i stated earlier, it was an exaggeration, either way, seems to me that this idea should not be implemented in game. I stated my reasons, you want to keep supporting it, good luck!

Linkincena
08-14-2013, 12:53 AM
Well Energi..
I have a different opinion on this...
This new pet might create frustration for new players :/

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 04:35 AM
Seems that many have the mentality that they must have everything or else they will get frustrated. So any mention of adding new things that are hard to get are automatically rejected. It's the mentality "If I can't have it, then nobody can". All of this is kind of childish in my opinion.

Linkincena
08-14-2013, 04:41 AM
Seems that many have the mentality that they must have everything or else they will get frustrated. So any mention of adding new things that are hard to get are automatically rejected. It's the mentality "If I can't have it, then nobody can". All of this is kind of childish in my opinion.

No no..
Its cos it give advantage to old players only :/

If there are new types of tokens needed .. then okay ^^ .. equal for everyone..

Energizeric
08-14-2013, 04:45 AM
No no..

Old players always have big advantages, and I think they should. For example, those who played the first month had access to founders items, arlor vanities, other discontinued items, etc.

That being said, I wouldn't have a problem if they made it a new kind of token with a new quest. That makes no difference. It's the same idea.

Linkincena
08-14-2013, 04:55 AM
Old players always have big advantages, and I think they should. For example, those who played the first month had access to founders items, arlor vanities, other discontinued items, etc.

That being said, I wouldn't have a problem if they made it a new kind of token with a new quest. That makes no difference. It's the same idea.

Then it should be a vanity pet too .. ^^

Szangheili
08-14-2013, 09:32 AM
No no..

Boom, now we're talking, this is what i had stated before if you had bothered to read it. As someone who played this game since day one, I myself seen it unfair to the new guys. Not saying this idea is bad, just needs another approach.

Szangheili
08-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Well then, this is kind of a good topic, the devs should add new tokens :)