PDA

View Full Version : Names problem in PL, little suggestion

Spectre
07-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Hello community!

Lately I tried to find new names for my new characters and EVERY SINGLE name is taken. And many people who have nice names which make sense just not playing anymore. Before L1 characters which haven't played for 3 months were deleted and ppl could find nice looking names.

So I suggest to do the same now, as Samhayne did it before http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=50969 it would really help me and many other players to find better names!

Oadriusa
07-21-2013, 06:07 AM
I agree!!

Sus
07-21-2013, 06:10 AM
AMAZING idea!!!!!!

DocDoBig
07-21-2013, 06:42 AM
#Reserves Doc

XghostzX
07-21-2013, 06:52 AM
Yeah, I agree. I have toons that I use that can't get the most random 1 worded names because some level 1 has them.

Good suggestion!

NotYoCookiez
07-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Or you can just be unique and creative! :D

Or have a prefix or suffix like NotYo <-----

I can make any name I want knowing it won't be taken as long as I add NotYo in front. Usually I use NotYo(insert food here) and I have endless amounts of choices.

Caiahar
07-21-2013, 09:53 AM

I can make any name I want knowing it won't be taken as long as I add NotYo in front. Usually I use NotYo(insert food here) and I have endless amounts of choices.
But then again, the latter becomes a bit boring after a while, no?

Waug
07-21-2013, 10:59 AM
yep da bes name taken - waug

btw what does it means :p

Spectre
07-21-2013, 11:01 AM

Well I personally like cool looking names (3-5 letters which make sense and fit class which u play), as many PL players I'm sure. :)

And I'm sure, Like everyone wants to have nice looking name.

NotYoCookiez
07-21-2013, 11:03 AM
But then again, the latter becomes a bit boring after a while, no?

Not really :p

I love my name, for me it's funny and kinda like an inside joke xD
But I'm sure if you find something that fits you it won't get "boring". If it does then be creative! Not all my characters have notyo in it like helpingcookie and lovinglady.

Noun following the adjective is a my 2nd way to pick names.

Spectre
07-21-2013, 11:12 AM
Not really :p

I love my name, for me it's funny and kinda like an inside joke xD
But I'm sure if you find something that fits you it won't get "boring". If it does then be creative! Not all my characters have notyo in it like helpingcookie and lovinglady.

Noun following the adjective is a my 2nd way to pick names.

Well my twinks also have names like Completenoob, Worstbird, Luckydodges etc.

I just want cool sounding names for my endgame characters, and just every single name is taken no matter how hard I tried and how creative I was. PL has millions of players registered and many of them has unique name which they simply don't use...

NotYoCookiez
07-21-2013, 11:54 AM
You are right but is there really millions of people with level 1 toons? I mean I'm sure thousands of low level accounts were made for a couple days and left alone forever but I doubt many level 1 specifically... Lol

Caiahar
07-21-2013, 11:54 AM

I just want cool sounding names for my endgame characters, and just every single name is taken no matter how hard I tried and how creative I was. PL has millions of players registered and many of them has unique name which they simply don't use...

I..want...my main to be shadow/shadowstar.
My bear going endgame is doomdroid :P not sure if it's a good name or not but whatev.

Gideon Jean-Claude
07-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Just pull out a dictionary / thesaurus and you will be able to find some to choose from with trial and error. I got "Abnormalities" just yesterday.

Spyce
07-21-2013, 01:22 PM
I know a couple people that have L.1 characters holding there names.

Kixxler
07-21-2013, 01:47 PM
I just put "kix" in front of everything and I have a name, just like that.

Reunegade
07-21-2013, 01:59 PM
I just put "kix" in front of everything and I have a name, just like that.

Kixurbutt

The Sadness
07-21-2013, 06:58 PM

Oh, you're Luckydodges the 71 bear? I remember you.

joshtheboss
07-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Or just buy your names like everyone else.

Suentous PO
07-21-2013, 09:02 PM
yep da bes name taken - waug
btw what does it means :p

\__( O.o)_/ ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAUG

Randomguy
07-21-2013, 09:07 PM
there are too many

elsmere
07-21-2013, 11:44 PM
i love mine took me about 10 mins. im a bird names elsmere

Cavoc
07-22-2013, 12:51 AM
I got the names swum and forgave earlier this week or last week. Not exactly the coolest names... But they are real words spelled correctly xD

I've tried numerous times to get Troncat. Still haven't gotten it :(

Waug
07-22-2013, 04:25 AM
\__( O.o)_/ ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAUG

hmmm, sts's name generating system thought alot before naming it.

Blisterizer
07-22-2013, 05:04 AM
You could just stick to one name and add a letter of the alphabet to the end like i did a while back. It went: Blisterizer, BlisterizerB, BliserizerC and so on...
Was pretty useful and ppl still knew it was me while i was on an alt.