PDA

View Full Version : About a review

Vibliribland
10-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi, i I tried the tutorial for a few minutes today, and was very impressed with this game, it is truly amazing.

However, I decided to read a few reviews before putting time into it.
One of them critizised the game for having a gamebreaking real money store.
I dont have a problem with a game costing money, quite the oposite,
However the review said that the whole point of a dungeon crawling game like this was lost because instead of hunting bosses for "phat lewt" you could just buy it with real life money.

Is that true? Because I love hunting for rares and improving my character.

Thanks in advance

smoae
10-23-2010, 04:52 PM
you can buy items from the games store. they cost platinum, and platinum cost real life money. However, they are fairly expensive and are not nearly as good as the loot you get by killing bosses. they do look very cool, but they have bad stats. People usually only buy them for looks.

you can purchase lots of other things with platinum too though, that are worthwhile.
but dont worry about the review, you get the best loot from bosses.

btw welcome to the forums! i strongly suggest you play this game, its a lot of fun :D

Vibliribland
10-23-2010, 04:57 PM
So the items you buy (except exp pots etc) are mostly cosmetic?

Thank you for the welcome and a fast reply :)

FluffNStuff
10-23-2010, 05:09 PM

Not necessarily just cosmetic, but the plat items are ALWAYS inferior to the best items you can loot at that level. You can buy ~decent~ gear with plat, but you can NOT buy the 'leet gear'

smoae
10-23-2010, 05:25 PM

there is actually a very wide selection of things you can buy with plat, but the items arent as good as the ones you loot. theyre better than the common items you get by looting, but not the uncommon and rare ones. other things you can buy with plat include potions, gold, character slots, pvp, more dugeons, stash slots, item slots, atrribute re specs, cosmetic hats, and soon to come auction slots and caprture the flag pvp.

lol youll know what all these things are once you start playing ;)

(p.s. the reviewer probably didnt take the time to actually get into the game and start getting the rare items. its hard to get rare items until level 20 at least.)

Arterra
10-23-2010, 05:59 PM
i want to know who wrote that review... obviously got to lv5 max lol
no really i want to know where :D

smoae
10-23-2010, 06:29 PM
i want to know who wrote that review... obviously got to lv5 max lol
no really i want to know where :D

yeah this review obviously didnt get into the game. its a lot better once you get to like level 20 vibliribland.

jonboy
10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Yes can we have a link to the review, I have some comments to make. :)