PDA

View Full Version : Can we please get the auto disable trading...disabled?

Zeus
07-21-2013, 12:36 PM
The reason why I ask this is that many players have mules and such on alternative accounts. Thus, due to this, transferring between the mule and the main account often results in trading being banned which is quite frustrating especially when you need the money right then and there.

In my opinion, security features should be present while at the same time, not taking out innocent players crucial features in the game. Without trading, the game is pretty much at a standstill for those users that are affected. If this happens to people during the weekend, it can be quite the enduring wait to wait for support to restore trading functionality.

A simple request that I'm sure many would appreciate,

-Apollo

Xbuddyjosh
07-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Amen :)

joshtheboss
07-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Amen :)

Josh agrees so I say bad idea.

Y O L O
07-21-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm an extreme retard and I should stop picking on improve's bud,Buddyjosh..

Fixed*

joshtheboss
07-21-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm a boss and ppl can't handle me.

There, fixed your typos.

Y O L O
07-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Dayum I just made Improve's beautiful sentence into a horrid-looking one.

Done

joshtheboss
07-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Done

Agreed, I win.

Y O L O
07-21-2013, 02:24 PM
How so?.
:()

Xdarkmagiikx
07-21-2013, 02:27 PM
I gave my other account 2m used it all on locked n got dosabled i know how u feel

IronMonkey
07-21-2013, 10:54 PM
I feel the same way Apollo.

Zeus
07-21-2013, 11:06 PM
A developer comment on this would be greatly appreciated!

Daddyblu
07-22-2013, 12:46 AM
Dude im so pissed now... they disable trading even to a 500k deal.. one of my guild mate give 500k to his new twink account now it cant trade.

now this is worse my friend made a new account for twink and want to have a filthy rich title. for twink pvp.

now it is banned. they ban you for your own money!

DocDoBig
07-22-2013, 12:57 AM
Personally, I never had my trade disabled but I would probably - most likely - be really pissed off if so!

P.S.: Gratz on your 1,6k thanks. ;)

reyhillirious
07-22-2013, 01:05 AM
i hope anyone would make it right

ShadowGunX
07-22-2013, 01:56 PM
wat is d gold margin so one cannot get trade-ban while transferring money?

Spyce
07-22-2013, 01:59 PM
One of my friend's trade got disabled because there was some "suspicious activity" on his account.

Venom
07-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Its a security measure, though, trade block should be removed if an account is older than say one or two months? or has xxx number of kills in pvp if its a low level? Its kinda time consuming to email STS for each account that gets blocked, I have lost many good deals coz of that..

FluffNStuff
07-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Gonna be the bad guy here and explain why this is happening, because I was a real victim of credit card theft a couple years ago and my account number almost instant turned up on WoW. This is what they are looking for, players that create accounts, use stolen credit cards to buy plat and then transfer the gold to their main. It is an extremely rampant problem in MMO's and also a very costly one since STS has to give that money back and loses fees on it. For this reason there is not going to be an announced set amount or specific way to avoid getting flag. Remember, if you know how to not get flagged, then credit card stealers know how not to get flagged.

Nesox
07-23-2013, 08:28 PM
The previous explanation makes sense when transferring gold between two different STS accounts (ie. Buying from another player) but not between toons the same account. Toons on the same account already share plat purchases and would share the credit info on the same Google account. A second toon is not required for gold laundering so why are trades between toons on the same account flagged? Or do all these players having issues create separate STS accounts for their twinks?

Maybe I am missing something but it sounds like either STS needs Google to notify when a credit card linked to an account is changed, or maybe impose a maximum plat purchase limit for a given time period? Or remove the option to buy gold directly with plat and make crooks merch pets in order to launder?

KingMartin
07-24-2013, 03:18 AM
And how do you transfer gold between toons on the same account, Nes?

When I log onto my acct from another device, the first one gets disconnected. So, I use stash (where I bought additional slots for items) and I have not had any problems with transfer.

I noob discovered only recently that I can buy slots for every of my toons cheaper than stash slots and use them as a "stash", too. (Stash slots are kinda expensive).

In other words, I see no need for having multiple accounts anymore.