PDA

View Full Version : Level 15 mage help

tewdeadly
07-21-2013, 05:37 PM
New mage in pvp could really use some tips with combos and build, add me in game slqppy, thanks.

Blastyou
07-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Yay! Another 15 mage! :)

There's a few different ways you could go with this. I can give you a build that's good against bears (kite build), one that's good against mages (close range build) and one that's a mix of both. (There is no effective build against birds at this level since mage has no buffs yet and the birds are both dodgy and powerful; the close range build would probably be best against them though.)

Against bear:
Stats: Full DEX
Gear:
L10 plat pack helm (dex)
L15 pink/purple chunker
L15 artisan leather
Skills: 3 frostbite, 5 fire, 4 heal, 2 drain
Combo: Fire, then frost (do these very quickly at 12m range, takes some practice). Run back a little and heal off. Drain when you can, but stay at 12m (If you don't know what 12m looks like, it's the range of your chunker).

Against mage:
Gear:
L10 plat pack helm (dex)
L15 pink/purple paw
L15 expert leather
L15 pink evidence bracer (personal preference)
Skills: 1 frostbite, 6 lightning, 4 heal, 1 fire, 2 drain. This is my personal build and I've had good results with it. The reason for 6 lightning is high damage, low recharge time, and a good debuff that cannot be healed off. In longer battles this debuff can make a huge difference.
Combo: Light, frost, fire (as soon as you see frost hit; gives a combo), heal. After this, heal when you need it and drain right after you see them cast drain (you'll have to learn what this looks like if you don't already know). If you get frozen, heal it off quickly so they cannot get a combo on you. The combo seems weak but it does more than you'd expect. Victory in subsequent fights against the same mage depends on adaptation to their strategy. This is the most important thing in mage vs. mage fights and the only real way to learn this is to practice.

Mixed build:
Gear: Either of the above sets. The paw will give you more armor, the chunker makes you weaker defensively but gives more auto-attack and skill damage.
Skills: 1 frost, 5 fire, 3 light, 4 heal, 1 drain
Combo: Use the ones listed above, depending on the class you're fighting. This build will still allow you to kite well but also gives you some lighting to fight mages. Note that this build will not be able to win consistently against a really good mage, but should be able to take down a weaker one easily enough. I would recommend using paw if you fight another mage.

Birds:
Avoid fighting them, they will beat you (unless they're really bad). If you have to fight one, go for the paw build, stay close, and pray. It is very hard to kite birds due to their long-range skills and root, but if you're really a fantastic kite you can give it a shot.

Good luck, and feel free to add Blastyoutoo in-game if you want some practice. :)

Edit: I should really get around to making an official guide.