PDA

View Full Version : Game appears to update every launch

jeswanson86
07-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Good evening.

This will my first time posting so if I forget something my apologizes.

The issue I am having is only occurring on my Nexus 7, Android 4.2.2, currently running Rootbox. The issue did not occur immediately after the most recent update but it started today.

Whenever I open the game when it has not been loaded into RAM, it appears to download the base .pak files and the updated .pak files.

It doesn't usually occur when the game is just resuming and is still loaded in RAM.

I tested that by restarting the tablet between sessions and not restarting the tablet and just switching apps. However if I leave the game of long enough it will need to 'redownload' the .paks.

It does not occur on my Galaxy Nexus (maguro) on Android 4.2.2 running Rootbox.

I have not cleared data, but I did uninstall/reinstall the .apk.

I think I will try clearing the data/uninstalling/reboot/reinstall next.

Any other ideas?

Carapace
07-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Since the game was not publicly available through the Google Play Store at the time of this question, the installation process of the apk required a more manual process. It will download the new apk for you as the update links directly to our servers, at which point it will need to be manually installed until the store has it publicly available for you in your region. once it has become publicly available the upgrade process will be handled through the play store and be automated for players.

Hope this helped answer your question!

jeswanson86
07-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Since the game was not publicly available through the Google Play Store at the time of this question, the installation process of the apk required a more manual process. It will download the new apk for you as the update links directly to our servers, at which point it will need to be manually installed until the store has it publicly available for you in your region. once it has become publicly available the upgrade process will be handled through the play store and be automated for players.

Hope this helped answer your question!

I understand that... I know that's how the game was being updated.

However this was every time I launched the game when it wasn't in memory. It would appear to download all the .pak files and all of the update...pak files.

The recent update has appeared to fix this problem though, so no worries.

Alhuntrazeck
07-23-2013, 08:25 PM
It still happens to me though (as of yesterday). I play AL on an apk too, so why doesn't it download every new update?