PDA

View Full Version : Nerf the yellow aliens

Slush
10-23-2010, 09:35 PM
They are way too overpowered, they shouldn't be hitting 100's on my lvl 50 bird
Also the alien snipers are overpowered

cry
10-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Are those little yellow aliens just like the pyramid boss in 1.

FluffNStuff
10-23-2010, 09:54 PM
If they are going to nerf the rush, they have to nerf the firepower on the yellows. I am getting soooo sick of getting one shot by them, and the BEST way to deal with them is to stun and rush past. This makes rushing a whole lot SAFER then clearing, which is absolutely ridiculous.

regie831
10-23-2010, 09:56 PM
then players rushing victory lap would increase more

FluffNStuff
10-23-2010, 09:59 PM
then players rushing victory lap would increase more

The firepower on the yellow aliens do not nerf rushing, they actively encourage it.

TwinkTastical
10-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Are u guys like.. 10 hp?

smoae
10-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Are u guys like.. 10 hp?

lolol
more like 6 lol
ao3 would be a breeze without the yellow aliens and snipers. only hard thing would be bosses.
dont worry though, there will be some level 3's who will support your suggestion ;)

FluffNStuff
10-23-2010, 10:21 PM
lolol
more like 6 lol
my 47 tank can kill 4 or 5 yellow aliens by myself.
why would you want to take away the challenge?????

Then how come I saw your level 47 tank getting killed constantly by the yellow aliens?

smoae
10-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Then how come I saw your level 47 tank getting killed constantly by the yellow aliens?

i dont recall ever playing a level with you...

FluffNStuff
10-23-2010, 10:36 PM
i dont recall ever playing a level with you...

Must be thinking of someone else that I helped clean up AO3.3 because they needed to advance. But anyway, as these yellow aliens have 4500-5000 health points each, I would LOVE to see a tank solo 4 or 5. Are you sure you know which ones are the yellow aliens? They are in AO3 Level 3, not AO2 Level 3.

smoae
10-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Must be thinking of someone else that I helped clean up AO3.3 because they needed to advance. But anyway, as these yellow aliens have 4500-5000 health points each, I would LOVE to see a tank solo 4 or 5. Are you sure you know which ones are the yellow aliens? They are in AO3 Level 3, not AO2 Level 3.

Maybe a wee exageration but I can definitely take 1 or 2 and proably 3-5 if I pot up

Quack
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I think you're just angry some yellow aliens owned you.

Slush
10-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I am, especially when I am farming, that's why I made this thread idiot

Arterra
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
i dislike how long a range those yellow blaster guys have... that, combined with some annoying bounce-back from the sword ones and you got a mix for murder
my mage HAS to stay back. and most birds.

I know we can chug pots like crazy, but should a game really require that? no, it should require skill timing and group movements. maybe some quick heals at bosses, or when a crit takes you down a notch.

edit: the only reason you tanks are so snooty is because you can pour down them pots. if forced to use your restore skill sparingly instead, you would value the game more.

if you want to nerf the game, kill the pots to even the odds.

smoae
10-24-2010, 06:10 PM
i dislike how long a range those yellow blaster guys have... that, combined with some annoying bounce-back from the sword ones and you got a mix for murder
my mage HAS to stay back. and most birds.

I know we can chug pots like crazy, but should a game really require that? no, it should require skill timing and group movements. maybe some quick heals at bosses, or when a crit takes you down a notch.

edit: the only reason you tanks are so snooty is because you can pour down them pots. if forced to use your restore skill sparingly instead, you would value the game more.

if you want to nerf the game, kill the pots to even the odds.

Actually, I can defeat 1 or 2 with barely any (maybe 3 or 4) health potions, as long as I use my buffs.

Arterra
10-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Actually, I can defeat 1 or 2 with barely any (maybe 3 or 4) health potions, as long as I use my buffs.

that is ok, you ARE a tank after all. but i mean like how people go and solo "this ends now" or something... of course you can solo it with that much hp recovery! it means very little to your skill.

smoae
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
that is ok, you ARE a tank after all. but i mean like how people go and solo "this ends now" or something... of course you can solo it with that much hp recovery! it means very little to your skill.

anyway point is KEEP THE YELLOW ALIENS THEY ARE WHAT MAKE IT FUN!!!

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
yes lol im wandering im making a pure str bear do i go all str? and for my pally should i go all str or some int or dex with it?

smoae
10-24-2010, 06:35 PM
yes lol im wandering im making a pure str bear do i go all str? and for my pally should i go all str or some int or dex with it?

WTF does that have to do with this thread?

Melange
10-25-2010, 04:10 AM
WTF does that have to do with this thread?

Will it make his elf character able to survive more than a single hit from a yellow to at least get a chance to heal or use potion? All fine for the bears, the birds and elfs are the ones having trouble with being one shotted by mere minion enemies.

Riccits
10-25-2010, 04:13 AM
yellow aliens arent the problem on rushing, problem is the ALIEN SNIPER, LOREKEEPER and BERSERKER... they stops rush well ;)

TwinkTastical
10-25-2010, 04:30 AM
Srsly... Burn this thread.

People ask for nerfs cause there so prodded out, then complain when the map is nerfed, or it is nerfed at others expense, For instance, old swamps.. who auctally LIKED this update. *chirp chirp* .. But did you beg for it? YES. Same ides here, lets swampify ao3, brilliant... "It sounded like a good idea at the time"

Slush
10-25-2010, 04:34 AM
yellow aliens are just too damn strong. my lvl 50 full void bird cant take on 3 or more, even with buffs. im not asking the whole damn thing to be nerfed just the aliens. ffs, they are not even minibosses and they can kill me in 2 hits

Spiritualist
10-25-2010, 05:47 AM
I struggle with the yellow aliens too; I'm only an INT mage. :/

smoae
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Srsly... Burn this thread.

People ask for nerfs cause there so prodded out, then complain when the map is nerfed, or it is nerfed at others expense, For instance, old swamps.. who auctally LIKED this update. *chirp chirp* .. But did you beg for it? YES. Same ides here, lets swampify ao3, brilliant... "It sounded like a good idea at the time"
i agree

yellow aliens are just too damn strong. my lvl 50 full void bird cant take on 3 or more, even with buffs. im not asking the whole damn thing to be nerfed just the aliens. ffs, they are not even minibosses and they can kill me in 2 hits
do you want to go through the whole level without dying or would you prefer some challenge?

Snakespeare
10-25-2010, 06:50 PM
This is the reason why my Int Mage had to respec to Pally and my main had to respec to Str Bird. Even so, they can only fight the yellow aliens with Health potions constantly being chugged.

I think it is an important point, that, since you can stun them and run past, they, and the Alien Sniper, Lorekeeper, etc. encourage the rush, and discourage clearing the map.

And what's stranger is, I suspect they were put there to DIScourage the rush.

So, I agree with FluffN. If they implement the same fix they did on the Haunted Manor onto AO3, then it would be fair to reconsider these hallway monitors who don't actually do their job.

I repeat, I believe that people mostly rush because it is easier, and the reason it is easier is as FluffNStuff said, all you have to do is stun and run to get by them.