PDA

View Full Version : Skills

cindersx
07-22-2013, 07:48 PM
I have a question about sorcerer skills for pve. I have used fireball, time shift, lifegiver, and ice. I have used fireball, time shift, lifegiver, and gale force. I'm only confused about which would be better to use, ice or gale. Please post what you think is better to use for pve. Thanks in advance. :untroubled:

IronMonkey
07-22-2013, 08:59 PM
I currently use your first set of skills, I've run elites and can even solo elite with these skills. However, you need to spam pots as well.

drgrimmy
07-22-2013, 09:48 PM
You can always get the best of both worlds! Ditch lifegiver and go for fire, frost, gale and time! I know not popular, but my personal favorite for elite runs. Maximum crowd control and aoe damage :)

joshtheboss
07-22-2013, 10:25 PM
I would personally choose ice over gale because it did a better job of controlling the mob which you want to be doing as a mage, while gale can sometimes scatter enemies.

keikali
07-23-2013, 08:48 AM
A good overall PvE skillset would consist of: Fire, Ice, Timeshift, Lifegiver.

I have used the above before I respecced to: Fire, Light, Arcane Shield & Life which allows me to PvP and PvE.

cindersx
07-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Thank you guys so much for answering. If I'm a level 25, should I switch lifegiver for shield? Or should I only do this for pvp? Thanks :D

wvhills
07-23-2013, 12:14 PM
if ur pve only then dont use lifegiver at all. Pots are cheap and being healed once every 20 seconds or so (whatever the cooldown is) isn't going to save significant gold. Plus, heal draws aggro that u don't want. I'd go with shield, fire, clock and ice. In an ideal situation u could go like grimmy says and swap out shield with lightning but not all warriors can keep aggro so you'll end up getting one shotted a lot (pots can't help one shots).

If you plan on pvping then use the build keikali gave. It the one I use also. I don't pve with my mage tho except when I'm leveling.

killsweep
07-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Can someone give me a pvp build for lvl 17 sorcerer?
My items are mighty flamestrike of assault lvl 15
Soul catcher robe
Soul catcher hat

keikali
07-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Can someone give me a pvp build for lvl 17 sorcerer?
My items are mighty flamestrike of assault lvl 15
Soul catcher robe
Soul catcher hat

Twink? Or are you planning to Cap.

If capping, I suggest following: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?98946-Level-by-Level-Skill-Guide

Gaieje's guide which is very informational. I used that build before for grinding to cap and it was great.

killsweep
07-23-2013, 04:27 PM
I plan on capping my mages pve is great and pvp is sorta boring since the 3v1 on my sorcerer? Lol no way so ima cap.

IronMonkey
07-24-2013, 02:08 AM
You can always get the best of both worlds! Ditch lifegiver and go for fire, frost, gale and time! I know not popular, but my personal favorite for elite runs. Maximum crowd control and aoe damage :)

Hi Grim, can you tell me the subset skills of Gale I should use, if I ditch Lifegiver?

ShadowGunX
07-24-2013, 09:02 AM
I plan on capping my mages pve is great and pvp is sorta boring since the 3v1 on my sorcerer? Lol no way so ima cap.

u can use fire, time,lifegive nd shield to hav maximum survivality (u need to put points in str also)

or fire,time,frost nd shield if u r rich enough to buy pots always after each run lol.

drgrimmy
07-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi Grim, can you tell me the subset skills of Gale I should use, if I ditch Lifegiver?

I used to run with all the upgrades except outward squall. I did not like the lack of control and potential for scatter that you get with that upgrade. I found the increased knockdown time, speed boost and dodge upgrades useful back when I used to run elites, but I am now starting to hate the upgrade for the speed boost now that it has the backwards dash. I would probably also drop this upgrade. Incredibly annoying to be shot backwards when your charged gale fails. You can dash into an ice patch or other enemies you don't want the aggro of, you get disconnected from the mob that you are controlling, and you appear to be stunned for a second at two after it happens. It seems like they just recycled the animation from when you shoot the cannons in kraag for this backward dash, which I think is lame because you are stunned and can't do anything for a few seconds when it happens. So bottom line, now I think I would go with the upgrades that give you the increased knockdown time and the dodge. If you need any other help with learning how to use gale, let me know, because it can be hard to use well, and people will just get angry with you if you end up scattering mobs :)

cindersx
07-25-2013, 11:17 PM
How about the use of the skill curse? Should I be using that for pve or pvp? :)

cindersx
07-28-2013, 11:50 PM
How about the use of the skill curse? Should I be using that for pve or pvp? :)

Someone wanna answer that? :P

will0
07-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Someone wanna answer that? :P

i tried curse couple of time after STS have upgraded this skill, things i dont like .. slow cooldown time and ... even cast on PVP rouge runs faster than you cast :)

PVE is good when killing boss cause their hp is insane i prefer DOT damage so i change to frost

katish
07-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Curse is a pvp skill, not really usefull for pve in my opinion. It has a very long cooldown and it stays active for very little time.