PDA

View Full Version : Revive that could work

Kuazzae
07-23-2013, 10:26 AM
So I was thinking, the reason that our mages don't have a revive is because it would make platinum revives useless, so this might be a good way to go, both for players and STS.

Main skill revive - it can be used only once per dungeon and it revives all dead toons, the could down only happens in towns and would take 10 min.

This way platinum revives would still be used.

What do u think?

GoodSyntax
07-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Pocket Legends has both a Revive skill and a platinum Revive.

The difference is the Revive skill revives you with minimal health and mana; whereas, the platinum Revive brings you back with full HP and Mana.

I don't think that a Revive skill would cut too much into the plat revives because being respawned in the middle of an elite mob with minimal HP means death anyway, so those who would have revived to the start of the map will either continue to do so, or will use the skill revive. Those who have the plat and are aggressively farming will continue to do plat revives.

Perhaps a revive skill which has a 40% mana cost would be disincentive enough, but still leave that option available.

There is nothing worse than being one-hit by an elite boss and trying to make the decision to stay dead and pray that you get some loot, versus leaving your party handicapped and risk a boss reset when the others get one-hit as well.

wolf17
07-23-2013, 05:47 PM
This idea looks nice, but in the long run, it won't be very useful.

In PL, the skill map is huge and can map many skills. (I don't play pl a lot, but I do remember the skill map was BIG) They can map almost every skill, something we cannot do. That would mean we would have to sacrifice a important skill for this skill that can only be used when someone dies. In my opinion, it's a waste of space.

If the skill was available, I don't think many would use it, only the big elite runners would use it. It won't be a possible pvp skill either.

Jenvy
07-23-2013, 07:33 PM
This idea looks nice, but in the long run, it won't be very useful.

Uhhhh what? How would it not be useful? It would be INCREDIBLY useful.

In SL, revive is the mechanic's throwaway spam talent to both revive all dead allies in range, and to slowly regen mana. EVERY mechanic has revive on while doing pve. You put one skill point in it and switch it out during pvp.

There's no reason a similar aoe revive function couldn't be worked into mage heal / warrior horn, which get popped every few seconds anyway.

The only reason this hasn't been implemented is because Spacetime noticed they could make a boatload of money from plat revives by not having a revive spam.

TL;DR - - This will probably never happen because AL is brilliantly built to tempt you into spending plat.

Soundlesskill
07-23-2013, 07:52 PM
So basically you're saying.
When all the mages teammates are dead assuming a warr and 2 rouges you expect yourself to be alive to revive them, eh?

Kuazzae
07-23-2013, 09:41 PM
So basically you're saying.
When all the mages teammates are dead assuming a warr and 2 rouges you expect yourself to be alive to revive them, eh?

LMAO... that was really good... =) But let's say that the TANK dies, we could be able to revive him...

Soundlesskill
07-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Lol

Soundlesskill
07-24-2013, 12:33 PM
LMAO... that was really good... =) But let's say that the TANK dies, we could be able to revive him...

Wouldn't that make the one revive you pay like 5 plat for useless?

Kuazzae
07-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Wouldn't that make the one revive you pay like 5 plat for useless?

The plat revives can be use everytime, thia would only be used once per dungeon.

Soundlesskill
07-24-2013, 07:34 PM
The plat revives can be use everytime, thia would only be used once per dungeon.

I see:)

Energizeric
07-24-2013, 08:11 PM
If the tank is doing his job, then he will indeed die before the mage or rogue dies. His job is to block for the mage and rogue, so if he blocks for them then they will only be hit when he is dead.

But yes, many tanks don't do their job properly.