View Full Version : Hide yo wife. I'm a vapist.

Walkhardd
07-24-2013, 04:00 PM
I've been trying to quit smoking stinky cigs for years now, and couldn't even make it through a full day. Lol.

I started vaping to quit smoking, (last cigarette was June 15th :D ) and it's turned into a really fun hobby.

I was wondering if anyone here is in a similar situation, or if anyone is trying to quit smoking and is interested in going the route I went. I could try and answer your questions.

Thadalger
07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
They smell good

Justg
07-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Good luck man. I quit a few years ago. It will add many quality years to your life :)

Zeus
07-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Good luck man. I quit a few years ago. It will add many quality years to your life :)

That would mean.. around the time that PL started?

Spyce
07-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Smoking = Nono.

Schnitzel
07-24-2013, 06:28 PM
What's vaping

CrimsonTider
07-24-2013, 07:56 PM
If only people could see the black lungs from a cadaver we dissected a few years ago. *shivers*

Happy for ya, bro. Stay strong and use that daughter of yours as motivation. ;)

Noodleleg
07-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Whenever you need motivation, think of me. You can't fail a guy with your name ;)!

Zeus
07-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Whenever you need motivation, think of me. You can't fail a guy with your name ;)!

I thought of you... then I quickly lit a cigg so I could change thoughts. ;)

Oldcoot
07-24-2013, 11:44 PM
I smoke roughly 3 packs a day. I've seen the black lungs tried the patches and the pills and the gum but no luck. Addiction is a true bit--! Just talking about it makes me want to light one up. If you have found success big grats to you!

Suentous PO
07-24-2013, 11:53 PM
I quit couple years ago, relapsed, then quit again for good so far.
It gets easier the longer you go without them. When it was simply habit, I started new routines around those times like after dinner or whatever. When it was the chemicals that we're the bigger prob I substituted say caffeine to use a lesser of two problems, then sway away from stimulants.
It takes a while for your adrenal to wake up from the slumber it's in when your system is used to regular fixes of nicotine.
There is no one right way cold turkey or slowly weaning off, i wish you the best. I've never heard anyone quit and regret it.

Schnitzel
07-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Whao you guys smoked? I feel inspired jk
I have a fake cigar with bubbles ^.^

Promagin
07-25-2013, 02:07 AM
Whao you guys smoked? I feel inspired jk
I have a fake cigar with bubbles ^.^

Lmao

dudetus
07-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Use Snus!

Aveea
07-25-2013, 07:15 AM
Good luck to you. I quit thirteen years ago.
I still crave them even after all these years. :nightmare: Especially if I'm out having an adult beverage or at the pool hall.
I know if I talk myself into "just one" I'd get hooked again.

Walkhardd
07-25-2013, 08:34 AM
I smoke roughly 3 packs a day. I've seen the black lungs tried the patches and the pills and the gum but no luck. Addiction is a true bit--! Just talking about it makes me want to light one up. If you have found success big grats to you!

You should look into e-cigs. (not the crappy ones from the liquor store)

I was close to 2 packs a day and tried everything to quit, as well. If you get yourself a decent vaping set up, it will make cigs taste like absolute butt. Plus, you'll make your money back in a week. If you don't like it, throw it out and buy a pack of smokes.

The cool thing is you can lower your nicotine intake as you go. I started at 18mg, (pretty high) and I'm all the way down to 6. (low)

I'm working and on mobile, so can't really posts links. There's lots of good info on Reddit, though. (I know you're an old timer. Have you heard of it?) Search e_cigarettes there.

Thatkidoverthere
07-25-2013, 08:52 AM

I was close to 2 packs a day and tried everything to quit, as well. If you get yourself a decent vaping set up, it will make cigs taste like absolute butt. Plus, you'll make your money back in a week. If you don't like it, throw it out and buy a pack of smokes.

The cool thing is you can lower your nicotine intake as you go. I started at 18mg, (pretty high) and I'm all the way down to 6. (low)

I'm working and on mobile, so can't really posts links. There's lots of good info on Reddit, though. (I know you're an old timer. Have you heard of it?) Search e_cigarettes there.

When you say crappy ones from the liquor store, do you mean the Blu electronic cigarettes? The time I tried those, I dont remember them being too crappy. Then to see if I could, I tried to quit cold turkey...DID NOT WORK! It was the crappiest 6 hrs of my life...

Walkhardd
07-25-2013, 09:02 AM

When you say crappy ones from the liquor store, do you mean the Blu electronic cigarettes? The time I tried those, I dont remember them being too crappy. Then to see if I could, I tried to quit cold turkey...DID NOT WORK! It was the crappiest 6 hrs of my life...

I started with blu's. Yes, they suck. It's not so much the quality that's bad, it's the value. Plus they say one cartomizer is equivalent to a pack of smokes. Which is BS.

Google ego twist. Those are good to start off with. Evod starter kits, too.

I'm using an itaste svd for when I'm home, and an itaste mvp for when I'm at work, if you wanted to check those out.

CrimsonTider
07-25-2013, 09:15 AM
My Grandmother was one of the lucky ones in terms of quitting "cold turkey." She was a chain smoker (meaning the ONLY time she did nit have one was when she was in the kitchen), and never once tried to stop. Then came the day my family learned my little sister had cancer: 60+ years of smoking ended immediately. My grandmother lived another 15-16 years without ever smoking again, but her last 3 years of life she had complications caused by all the smoking. The doctors told us all of those complications would have occurred much sooner if she hadn't have stopped when she did.

I guess my point is if you find the right motivation/help, it is always possible. My father-in-law is a heavy smoker and my wife and middle sister-in-law bought him an expensive e-cig set. It worked great for about 1 month then my youngest sis-in-law talked him into smoking again. (Don't get me started on her drug induced, drunken stooper, government benefit abusing ---.)

Schnitzel
07-25-2013, 10:33 AM
My Grandmother was one of the lucky ones in terms of quitting "cold turkey." She was a chain smoker (meaning the ONLY time she did nit have one was when she was in the kitchen), and never once tried to stop. Then came the day my family learned my little sister had cancer: 60+ years of smoking ended immediately. My grandmother lived another 15-16 years without ever smoking again, but her last 3 years of life she had complications caused by all the smoking. The doctors told us all of those complications would have occurred much sooner if she hadn't have stopped when she did.

I guess my point is if you find the right motivation/help, it is always possible. My father-in-law is a heavy smoker and my wife and middle sister-in-law bought him an expensive e-cig set. It worked great for about 1 month then my youngest sis-in-law talked him into smoking again. (Don't get me started on her drug induced, drunken stooper, government benefit abusing ---.)
Why would you inhale Cold turkey? Or is that a name for something else?

dudetus
07-25-2013, 11:33 AM

Actually turkey's are known to be the only animal that produce nicotine by themselves. There are sold small turkey meat patches which u can eat, sorta like beef jerky. Nicorette products are mostly consisted from turkey meat.

There is also a version of turkey meat which u can inhale through a common pipe. The smoke tastes horrible (but gives nicotine) and therefore it becomes hard for smokers to smoke because the smoke tastes horrible. Smokers smoke it only when it's absolutely necessary and it's easier to quit smoking this way.

The term "cold turkey" comes as the turkey meat which u either eat or inhale must be stored in fridgerator as it is meat.

Schnitzel
07-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Actually turkey's are known to be the only animal that produce nicotine by themselves. There are sold small turkey meat patches which u can eat, sorta like beef jerky. Nicorette products are mostly consisted from turkey meat.

There is also a version of turkey meat which u can inhale through a common pipe. The smoke tastes horrible (but gives nicotine) and therefore it becomes hard for smokers to smoke because the smoke tastes horrible. Smokers smoke it only when it's absolutely necessary and it's easier to quit smoking this way.

The term "cold turkey" comes as the turkey meat which u either eat or inhale must be stored in fridgerator as it is meat.
Well...time to eat chicken on thanksgiving...

Noodleleg
07-26-2013, 10:29 PM
I thought of you... then I quickly lit a cigg so I could change thoughts. ;)

Because I turn you on <3

Bbnc
08-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Besides health issues - also i would not kiss a smoker. Ahah. No, i dont smoke.