PDA

View Full Version : Weapon types

Superzarop
10-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey guys! I was just wondering what type of weapon was best for a warr tank. Swords do most dps, but since the damage each hit is very low, it could be the one with least dps if nighmare and crushing blow isnt applied.

I also heard about this armor break thing, i dont know what it is, but sometimes when i fight i randomly start doing more damage, can someone explain this for me and tell me what weapons got this ability, and maybe how to see whether a weapon has it or not?

Arterra
10-24-2010, 02:41 PM
all spears, forks and the like have a armor break ability which can well, break armor. swords may have higher dps, but such little hit-per-hit damage that the enemies armor makes it useless...

Superzarop
10-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Whats the point with force cutter then?

Royce
10-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey guys! I was just wondering what type of weapon was best for a warr tank. Swords do most dps, but since the damage each hit is very low, it could be the one with least dps if nighmare and crushing blow isnt applied.
I would say for very low levels a 1-hand sword is okay, but in general for a tank, I'd recommend using an axe until level 33 or so when armor breaking weapons become available. Then at 33-35 switch to a pitchfork or trident. At level 40, switch to a Djinn Spear, at level 45 upgrade the Djinn Spear or get a Shock Lance. At level 50 keep the shock lance or get a harpoon or force cutter

I also heard about this armor break thing, i dont know what it is, but sometimes when i fight i randomly start doing more damage, can someone explain this for me and tell me what weapons got this ability, and maybe how to see whether a weapon has it or not?

As Arterra said, only pitchforks, tridents, spears, and harpoons have the confirmed break armor proc (shock lances and the force cutter have similar sorts of armor reducing procs but they work a little differently). So if you have seen your damage increase all of a sudden, and you were not using one of those, the only possibilities are you used crushing blow or hellscream (both reduce armor though it isn't in the description), a mage used nightmare, a bird used break armor, or your target had a buff active but it ran out when your damage increased.

Laocoon18
10-24-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree with what Royce said above. And I think it really depends on certain situations to switch your weapon. For example, I have lance, Force cutter, and hammer with me when I farm in Ao3:6, overlord and gurg. I usually use lance to farm overlord because it gives high enough damage per hit and armor at same time. I use hammer to farm gurg when there is no mage in our team, you can kill gurg before his first scream if there are 3 more hammer users in your team. Force cutter applies -30 armor debuff to your enemies, I use it sometimes when others in group has high damage already. It makes game ends faster.
It is just my opinion, and forgive my poor english:)

Superzarop
10-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Alright thanks for the feedback guys. Ill get rid of my thoth sword when i got some better weapons then.