PDA

View Full Version : Space Time Studios should start a open beta

micro145
07-25-2013, 06:24 AM
There should be some sort of beta to get public opinion, and to speed up the time it takes to release new content.
It was made available for the game Battle Dragons. Why not any others.

Alhuntrazeck
07-25-2013, 09:20 AM
The sts games DID have a Beta, just that it was limited to aussies n Canadians.

DocDoBig
07-25-2013, 10:40 AM
You are somewhat 9 Months to late. ;)

joshtheboss
07-25-2013, 12:21 PM
You are somewhat 9 Months to late. ;)

This.

Roberto077
07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I think he means a test server for future updates. Such as testing out pet balance.

Taejo
07-25-2013, 01:57 PM
I think he means a test server for future updates. Such as testing out pet balance.

+1 to this. Test servers are always extremely useful for MMOs. The devs do a great job of their "Admin mode" testing, but they are only human and won't catch everything. A test server would greatly augment the Technical Issues and Bugs / Suggestions and Feedback forums, and vice versa.

The drawback is, test servers also demand a dedicated staff and can be expensive to run.

micro145
08-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Yes I was getting at more of test servers for updates checking content. If you look at other mmo's alot of them have open testing servers betas "whatever you want to call it" open. Would definately push new content out faster even possible better platinum sales.

Roberto077
08-01-2013, 08:47 AM
+1 to this. Test servers are always extremely useful for MMOs. The devs do a great job of their "Admin mode" testing, but they are only human and won't catch everything. A test server would greatly augment the Technical Issues and Bugs / Suggestions and Feedback forums, and vice versa.

The drawback is, test servers also demand a dedicated staff and can be expensive to run.

The thing is that one mmo that I play has a test server but the company is horrible.