PDA

View Full Version : To those who played both PL and TWOM

Vibliribland
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
This is a question to those of you who played both games,
Ofc i know ill get a biased answer since i post on a specific board.

1: Which of the two games do you think has the biggest potential and will grow the most?

2: whis of the two have the best customization?

3: which of the two have the biggest and fullest gameworld, and gets the most updates?

4: which of the two do you feel have the most stabile servers with the least amount of
lag?

Thanks in advance, I will post this on the twom board as well,
The reason is that I want to know which one to go with, i like them both atm :)

Chickdigcookies
10-24-2010, 04:11 PM
whats TWOM?

and this will be moved to off discussion board...so yeah

Royce
10-24-2010, 04:42 PM
whats TWOM?

IMO The World Of Magic, a third rate, 2D, occasionally updated iPhone MMO. It's really pretty bad, and not even close to comparable to PL ;)

Varking
10-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I can answer these questions without any bias and I have played both for a good amount of time.

1) Pocket Legends has the greatest potential to grow the most. The game will soon be available on Android and PC as well as the iOS. The World of Magic will continue to remain open to just iOS users.

2) Pocket Legends also has the best customization. The game has so many gear combinations that it is reminiscent of a Diablo style game. The World of Magic is more like an old Dungeons and Dragons game. There aren't anywhere near as many equipment combinations but they do have more overall available. It is hard to explain. The World of Magic will have a Long Sword, but you can enchant them to permanently level them up. So you can have, for example, Long Sword +1, all the way to Long Sword +10.

3) The World of Magic has the biggest and fullest game world but it is not the game that gets the most updated.

4) Both games can be laggy at times but Com2uS only works Monday through Friday and they have a knack for allowing their servers to go down on Friday night and we can not play The World of Magic all weekend and that sucks.

The only thing I really like about The World of Magic more is that you can play to level cap without spending any money but the overall polish and potential makes Pocket Legends a better game overall now, as well as down the road.

Jespo
10-24-2010, 09:37 PM
I can answer these questions without any bias and I have played both for a good amount of time.

1) Pocket Legends has the greatest potential to grow the most. The game will soon be available on Android and PC as well as the iOS. The World of Magic will continue to remain open to just iOS users.

2) Pocket Legends also has the best customization. The game has so many gear combinations that it is reminiscent of a Diablo style game. The World of Magic is more like an old Dungeons and Dragons game. There aren't anywhere near as many equipment combinations but they do have more overall available. It is hard to explain. The World of Magic will have a Long Sword, but you can enchant them to permanently level them up. So you can have, for example, Long Sword +1, all the way to Long Sword +10.

3) The World of Magic has the biggest and fullest game world but it is not the game that gets the most updated.

4) Both games can be laggy at times but Com2uS only works Monday through Friday and they have a knack for allowing their servers to go down on Friday night and we can not play The World of Magic all weekend and that sucks.

The only thing I really like about The World of Magic more is that you can play to level cap without spending any money but the overall polish and potential makes Pocket Legends a better game overall now, as well as down the road.

SUMMARY: "PL" owns and "TWOM" is nowhere quite close to it so there for "TWOM" bow to our almighty "PL" ;)

Inching
10-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Also its a matter of graphics.... PL is much better and more visually capturing

Conradin
10-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Not to mention the player base, graphics upcoming CRT and auction house. It owns twom

Jespo
10-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Only in every way possible. The graphics on twom kind of blow...you know pickles or something

Nightarcher
10-24-2010, 11:24 PM
TWOM: A free game with tons of content already in the game. But the lack of Dev interaction and balancing makes the game monotonous and many people are leaving because it takes tons of dedication and time to be good.

PL: A more expensive game with overall less content. The full content is fairly easy to explore in a short time. However, frequent tweaks and fun little updates like quests give you something to look foreword to and keep you interested. It will continue to grow in content, probably until it surpasses TWOM. It's players are dedicated and tend to pay more for content as well.

RedRyder
10-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Not to mention the player base, graphics upcoming CRT and auction house. It owns twom

TWOM has that already. And it's not gonna be an auction house lol like a consignment, which twom has in the form of npc "traders"

ok so I've played both almost an equally amount of time. Twom catches my attention a little more because it's a complete mmo, as in fully interractive environment with open free roam monsters. There are no dungeon crawling where u need a whole group, u can just go around and grind monsters for drops or xp.

Leveling up there takes a really... Long... Time. I've only hit lv 19.
Guilds have been there forever, and overall it's a good game.

PL... However, is better. There's a rediculous amount of dev interraction, they care so much about the players and making us happy. They give us updates every other day and bombard us with new content. Com2us gives 2 steaming deuces about their twom players. U complain on their fan page on facebook and these are there replies:

:(
;(
:[

seriously?

When we have an issue with something, the devs handle their bussiness. With the whole Halloween fiasco the first day, they fixed it up nicely that very same night. Then when spoken to about the inequality with the rushers and the other players, they balanced it out by requiring to clear. That's one of many MANY examples.

TWOM's not bad or godawful, support sucks and they never update (just pointless idiotic crap like facebook intergration and a screenshot facebook uploader <WTF?>)

TWOM has the mechanics of an mmo down, but PL nukes the hell out of em

TwinkTastical
10-25-2010, 04:35 AM
Trying TWOM now

RedRyder
10-25-2010, 04:36 AM
It really takes some getting used to. Get on the wadangka server and join the lanos faction, I'm gettin on now

ign: redrider

TwinkTastical
10-25-2010, 06:17 AM
idk wtf i was doing... killing boars or somthing..

Advance
10-27-2010, 09:11 PM
First of all, I apologize for bumping a old thread, but I feel some points needed to be adressed.

I agree, that TWOM's dev support and customer service rivals that of teenager-ran-fastfood-chains.

I also agree, that TWOM WILL (key word here) be a worse game than PL, in the future.

Reasoning behind this? Currently, PL have just scratched the surface of proper end game content with the new AO3 update, however, TWOM was released as a complete MMO.

Down the road however, with STS's amazing development rate, more and more features will be available to players that rival, if not surpass thoese of TWOM.

TL;DR?

Currently, I feel, TWOM>PL

However, in the very near future (I'd say early 2011) PL>TWOM, and will continue to stay that way.

Orei
10-27-2010, 09:28 PM
When i bought my Iphone last month, TWOM is the first one i tried. Didnt manage to get past level 12, as there are just way too many high level pkers from the other faction who came over to the beach area, pking every low level they see. Gave up after that and tried PL.

PL has a good community (up till recently when AO3 brings out the worst in some players), good game that encourages coop play, and way better graphics than TWOM, and a huge potential roadmap.

Keep up the good work Devs. :)