PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world (of Arlor) do these eggs drop?

Taejo
07-25-2013, 12:25 PM
I have been playing AL for quite awhile, and I think I've pretty much covered every nook and cranny of this game in terms of loot. But two annoying animals who have evaded me for months are still out there: Pinfeathers and Amy. As with Nexus, I refuse to buy these eggs from the CS and will farm them until I get them (took about 3 months to get Nexus). But where do they drop? Everyone who I've come across in game that owns these pets say they bought them. Everyone who posts the eggs in CS either say the same or don't reply. There's even been confusion about this on the forums when I posted in someone's thread about Aegir Island. Google and Bing searches have come up with nothing useful.

Can anyone please tell me?

-----

Thank you everyone who's contributed to this thread of Kraken pets clarification. Here's a summary of this thread for the other players who had questions regarding some of the other Kraken/Nordr pets:

Confirmed Kraken Locations:

- George: daily quest "Monkey Ball"
- Nexus: Kraken Mines random trash mob drop (most often seen in KM3)
- Konga: received when completing all of the elite Kraken archenemies achievements

Speculated Kraken Egg Locations

- Pinfeathers: witnessed to be seen dropped off random trash mobs in normal Windmoore Harbor and heard to be dropped off random trash mobs in Skull Cove; speculated to also be found in normal Pirate Chest (copper, silver, gold) and/or Elite Pirate Chest II (copper, silver, gold)
- Amy: speculated to be found in normal Pirate Chest (gold) and/or Elite Pirate Chest II (copper, silver, gold)

-----

Confirmed Nordr Egg Locations:

- Vixen: Elite Oltgar Keep random trash mobs or normal Grimnr
- Harley: Normal Frostbite
- Mercury: Normal Alpha
- Kelvin: Normal Frostr
- August: Normal Man Eater
- Grave: received when completing all of the elite Nordr archenemies achievements

Y O L O
07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
You go to sam and ask for the egg.

xcainnblecterx
07-25-2013, 12:50 PM
It should tell you in the stable.

Taejo
07-25-2013, 12:54 PM
It should tell you in the stable.

I appreciate the feedback, but the stable is very limited in what it tells you. It gives you hints, more than anything, some of which are outdated or flat out wrong which have never been corrected. Again, I've been playing awhile so I'm more interested in hearing what maps people have seen these eggs drop.

Pinfeathers

Rare: Native to Kraken Isles, no doubt the Aegir have found him

This tells me Kraken, nothing else. Believe me, I've farmed all of elite and non-elite Kraken quite a bit since it's release. EDIT: including the Treasure Island quest, where I've gotten Jarl to spawn and rerolled on his loot.

Amy

Rare: Last seen in the hands of villainous scallywags

Same answer.

xcainnblecterx
07-25-2013, 01:10 PM
I appreciate the feedback, but the stable is very limited in what it tells you. It gives you hints, more than anything, some of which are outdated or flat out wrong which have never been corrected. Again, I've been playing awhile so I'm more interested in hearing what maps people have seen these eggs drop.

Pinfeathers

Rare: Native to Kraken Isles, no doubt the Aegir have found him

This tells me Kraken, nothing else. Believe me, I've farmed all of elite and non-elite Kraken quite a bit since it's release. EDIT: including the Treasure Island quest, where I've gotten Jarl to spawn and rerolled on his loot.

Amy

Rare: Last seen in the hands of villainous scallywags

Same answer.

Then I would say the two eggs randomly drop in kraken isle maps from mobs like the nexus egg. Usually if the egg comes from a boss itll say (for example) "these pets can be found on the powerful bosses in dead city" for wrat jaw and snaggle tooth.

Taejo
07-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Then I would say the two eggs randomly drop in kraken isle maps from mobs like the nexus egg. Usually if the egg comes from a boss itll say (for example) "these pets can be found on the powerful bosses in dead city" for wrat jaw and snaggle tooth.

Again, I appreciate the feedback. However, I've already thought about what you're saying months ago. I have 48/61 pets, and I've done a pretty good job finding them on maps without outside help - until now. What you wrote is pretty much a variation of the question I asked when I started the thread: is it a random drop from any non-elite Kraken maps or is it map-specific? Note: Nexus is not random in Kraken Isles - he drops exclusively in Kraken Mines, just like Flounder and Cerella drops in Watcher's Tomb.

I am just asking for people who've seen these eggs drop to post where they saw them. At least then I know where to start farming around the clock to finish my "free" pets collection.

bramer
07-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Isn't pinfeathers an award from the quest, Monkey Ball?

This is bramer - signing out

Rare
07-25-2013, 02:32 PM

No. Its one of the monkey.

I believe these come from Golden Pirate Chests. I may be wrong. I do not have either.

Ebezaanec
07-25-2013, 02:33 PM

That would be George the Monkey, I believe.

Energizeric
07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
I believe they come from Elite Pirate Chests. During season 3 I bought a pinfeathers egg from someone who looted it, and they told me they got it from a chest. That would explain why you have been unable to find them.

Zanpakuto
07-25-2013, 04:49 PM
I've done monkey ball everyday on 2 toons since kraken came out and I never saw him.

Taejo
07-25-2013, 08:59 PM
I believe they come from Elite Pirate Chests. During season 3 I bought a pinfeathers egg from someone who looted it, and they told me they got it from a chest. That would explain why you have been unable to find them.

Thank you. That would explain it, yes. Why can't their description in the stable just say that, devs? Talon's tells you exactly where to get it...

ShadowGunX
07-25-2013, 10:41 PM
ya. u can get them from elite pirate chests.
got a amy egg from couple of gold chest during season 3.
as they hav rare stats so it is better to sell it then hatching.
lol many dnt do elite kraken so it pretty rare now

Gesaffelstein
07-26-2013, 03:12 AM
I think you can get Pinfeathers from the Aegir Island daily? (Dragon's Jewel) Seems pretty obvious to me looking at the description.

xoxo

Valsacar
07-26-2013, 04:18 AM
Nexus is from the mines, I got mine in KM3 off a witch.

Energizeric
07-26-2013, 06:13 AM
BTW, I don't think you need to open Elite Golden Pirate Chests for these eggs, I think Silver and Copper also contain them, just not as good of a chance.

KingMartin
07-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Nexus is from the mines, I got mine in KM3 off a witch.

Thank you for the confirmation, one would think they do not drop in KM3 at all. We did countless runs in a party of four, doing about 25 runs in one hour, but I never saw any single drop. I think Vixen drops far more often then Nexus.

Taejo
07-26-2013, 12:49 PM
I think you can get Pinfeathers from the Aegir Island daily? (Dragon's Jewel) Seems pretty obvious to me looking at the description.

xoxo

You were fooled just like I was :)

Thank you for the confirmation, one would think they do not drop in KM3 at all. We did countless runs in a party of four, doing about 25 runs in one hour, but I never saw any single drop. I think Vixen drops far more often then Nexus.

Like I mentioned earlier, it took me roughly 3 months until I got my egg (thank you leprechaun pendant!)

Thank you everyone who's contributed to this thread of Kraken pets clarification. I'm so glad I can stop doing the Treasure Island quest in hopes for an egg that will never appear! Here's a summary of this thread for the other players who had questions regarding some of the other Kraken pets:

Konga: received when completing all of the elite Kraken archenemies achievements
George: daily quest "Monkey Ball"
Nexus: Kraken Mines random trash mob drop (most often seen in KM3)
Pinfeathers: found in Elite Pirate Chest II (copper, silver, gold)
Amy: found in Elite Pirate Chest II (copper, silver, gold)

ShootingxStar
07-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Thanks Man helped Alot

Gesaffelstein
07-26-2013, 05:27 PM
You were fooled just like I was :)

Are you sure you can't get it from the daily? Cause then there really is no point in that daily..

xoxo

Taejo
07-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Are you sure you can't get it from the daily? Cause then there really is no point in that daily..

xoxo

The Treasure Island daily... yes, it seems completely pointless. I have cleared that map, looting every treasure pile for 3 months straight on 3 characters and never gotten anything good. I've also killed Jarl with reroll (who rarely spawns there) a dozen or so times. Again, nothing. So unless I'm just not hitting the jackpot with that quest, I would suggest doing what others have advised and just walk in-walk out to collect the 250 gold. Monkey Ball, however, is worth doing because it nets 500 gold and the possibility of obtaining a George egg at the cost of spending 3-5 minutes in Ancient Mariner Reef.

Xpell
07-27-2013, 03:09 AM
I have been playing AL for quite awhile, and I think I've pretty much covered every nook and cranny of this game in terms of loot. But two annoying animals who have evaded me for months are still out there: Pinfeathers and Amy. As with Nexus, I refuse to buy these eggs from the CS and will farm them until I get them (took about 3 months to get Nexus). But where do they drop? Everyone who I've come across in game that owns these pets say they bought them. Everyone who posts the eggs in CS either say the same or don't reply. There's even been confusion about this on the forums when I posted in someone's thread about Aegir Island. Google and Bing searches have come up with nothing useful.

Can anyone please tell me?

-----

Thank you everyone who's contributed to this thread of Kraken pets clarification. Here's a summary of this thread for the other players who had questions regarding some of the other Kraken pets:

Konga: received when completing all of the elite Kraken archenemies achievements
George: daily quest "Monkey Ball"
Nexus: Kraken Mines random trash mob drop (most often seen in KM3)
Pinfeathers: found in Elite Pirate Chest II (copper, silver, gold)
Amy: found in Elite Pirate Chest II (copper, silver, gold)

Weird cuz I never have farmed elite kraken before but stumbled on an Amy egg. I think that it drops from the normal pirate chests also. Im confused of where it drops now. ( Was farming km3 when got it and opened only 3 golden pirate chest.) :/

chitgoks
07-27-2013, 04:42 AM
true..aegir island is useless

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Crowsfoot
07-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Granite drops throughout the rooks and dead city areas. Esteban throughout the brackenridge. I've seen pinfeathers drop in normal harbor from mobs, and I've been told from a friend he got one from regular skull cove mobs.
As for Amy, idk. It says "in the hands of villainous scallywags" and the elite kraken ap is the <scallywag slaughter> so I would assume same locations as pinfeathes but elite maps.
Also I get the whole "free pets collection" but I'd harvest malison> sell> buy the two pets and pocket 100k profit. Probably save myself 3months + my sanity, lol.

Crowsfoot
07-28-2013, 01:18 AM
Pinfeathers drops from harbor mobs (I've seen this) probably all kraken mobs. Your on your own for Amy.

PS: I'd harvest a malison> sell> buy these elusive pets> pocket 100k profit. And therefore save myself the months of harvesting

Ainea
07-29-2013, 05:36 AM
Does anyone know more about where exactly Vixen drops? It says "Moves all over Nordr, in the Elite regions", so I always assumed Elite Oltgar would do since it's quick and easy to find PUGs. Haven't seen it drop in all my runs of actively searching for it, though. I'd just buy it, but since nobody seems to have one... Plus now it's become a challenge. ;)

KingMartin
07-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Does anyone know more about where exactly Vixen drops? It says "Moves all over Nordr, in the Elite regions", so I always assumed Elite Oltgar would do since it's quick and easy to find PUGs. Haven't seen it drop in all my runs of actively searching for it, though. I'd just buy it, but since nobody seems to have one... Plus now it's become a challenge. ;)

I can confirm that Vixen drops from Elite Valheim mobs and from Normal Grimnr. That is where I got my two Vixens. I have never seen Vixen drop from Oltgar Elite mobs during my countless runs, but it does not mean that it does not happen.

Ainea
07-29-2013, 08:59 AM
I can confirm that Vixen drops from Elite Valheim mobs and from Normal Grimnr. That is where I got my two Vixens. I have never seen Vixen drop from Oltgar Elite mobs during my countless runs, but it does not mean that it does not happen.

Thanks a lot, that's where I'll be looking then. :)

Taejo
07-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Double post

Taejo
07-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Weird cuz I never have farmed elite kraken before but stumbled on an Amy egg. I think that it drops from the normal pirate chests also. Im confused of where it drops now. ( Was farming km3 when got it and opened only 3 golden pirate chest.) :/

This seems a lot more believable than elite pirate chests, simply because they are both rare quality. But who knows, maybe they are on the loot tables of both normal pirate chests and elite pirate chests - we need more confirmation on this.

Pinfeathers drops from harbor mobs (I've seen this) probably all kraken mobs. Your on your own for Amy.

PS: I'd harvest a malison> sell> buy these elusive pets> pocket 100k profit. And therefore save myself the months of harvesting

Thanks for the update! So now I've read that Pinfeathers comes from three different locations: Elite Pirate Chests, normal Pirate Chests, and trash mobs of normal Windmoore Harbor/Skull Cove. This definitely still has confusion and mystery surrounding it. Hopefully more people post eye-witness encounters here. Ijust find it odd that I've run Harbor, honestly, probably over 500 times to date. I've never seen Pinfeathers, even once the leprechaun pendant came out (I wear it during my run). I'm not trying to farm these eggs to sell - I actually want them to finish my collection of "free" pets.

Kjalisi
07-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Before nordr update, I got pinfeathers from a normal silver pirate chest that I dropped in kraken mine 3. So i'm guessing rare from pirate chests??

Taejo
08-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Forum mod: Can I have this moved to the AL Pets section, please? Thanks!