PDA

View Full Version : An RPG that takes skill?

vholt
07-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Just a suggestion maybe for AL, or a future STG game ;)

IMO i think it would be cool to adjust the auto-aim to not "home in" on the target. The fact your toon can automatically lock-on and direct its attacks at a target is good, and almost necessary for a mobile game, but the fact that the projectile will always hit is one of the reasons why stats/gear/build matters so much. What i would like to see is ex. If a mage uses fireball, he locks on the target (faces the target) and the fireball should follow a determined straight path. This allows opponents to move out of the way of attacks, and requires more skill to "lead your shots" and actually gives range more usefulness for cutting angles and such. Also, a roll, or dodge mechanic (not the stat). Where the player can "roll" or "dash" in the direction they are moving so they can dodge attacks easier. Give it a cooldown of 2 or 3 seconds, so they cant spam it too crazy. I think it would make the game more fun and require more skills, instead of "spam every skill and hope you win" tactics.

This IS regarding PvP however, in PvE i'm sure it wouldnt be a big problem as mobs move towards you, not to the side, so they wont be good at dodging attacks. Auto-aim will still be there so you can kite and other various movements that would require you to look away from the target.

Energizeric
07-25-2013, 09:59 PM
I think this is a little too deep of an idea for a casual rpg. This sounds more like an action fighting game than a rpg.