PDA

View Full Version : Another Shuyal lame question..

moot
07-26-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm a mage and can solo all bosses in shuyal except for Bloodhammer.
My health is 3.6k with snaggletooth (I know its a warrior pet), armor 850ish, dmg 230.
I already did several conclusion after trying to defeat him over and over again.

-He can one shot anyone (warriors,rogue,mage) with his range attack IF it crit. Without crit, it can only dmg like 1.4k.
-He can heal himself if his AoE attack (the one with red zone in front of him, NOT the bomb he is dropping) hit anyone. So bringing warrior is bad?
-His health also lower than other bosses.

So to defeat him, I need to stay far and pray so that he never crit with his cannon attack?
Btw, I already tried with guildies to defeat him but still failed badly (they always die because they're in between the lantern vacuum lols).

Can I have other opinion on how you guys defeat him?
Or anyone kind enough to help me?
Any reply is appreciated.

wvhills
07-26-2013, 09:55 AM
to defeat him u need to get a team. bosses are designed to be soloed.
Also, ur health is way to high for a mage. At level 31 2800 health is high so u should lower ur health and increase ur damage. 230 is way to low. u should try to get around 300. Get a warrior to tank (that's the warriors job, not mages) and u should focus on crowd control. Use fire ball to knock down and clock to root them in place. Get u a good rogue to target the boss.

GoodSyntax
07-26-2013, 11:02 AM
I agree with you moot!

I solo the Gladiator arena all the time, and I can defeat all the bosses except Bloodhammer. I've beat him once or twice, and it's more a matter of a lucky dodge on his cannon attack, but there are times when I am nowhere near him (no red area either) and it's instant death.

I don't know what strategy works best for him. His cannon shot is kinda intense and often comes without warning. The other bosses are relatively easy, unless you are unfortunate enough to get the spiders, but even with the poison gas (which I think is the easiest environmental), I still cannot take down Bloodhammer.

I'd be curious to see if there is some strategy that I am just not clued into yet, but I just don't know if Rogues and Sorcerers can solo the arena consistently the way a Warrior can.

Taejo
07-26-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm a mage and can solo all bosses in shuyal except for Bloodhammer.
My health is 3.6k with snaggletooth (I know its a warrior pet), armor 850ish, dmg 230.
I already did several conclusion after trying to defeat him over and over again.

-He can one shot anyone (warriors,rogue,mage) with his range attack IF it crit. Without crit, it can only dmg like 1.4k.
-He can heal himself if his AoE attack (the one with red zone in front of him, NOT the bomb he is dropping) hit anyone. So bringing warrior is bad?
-His health also lower than other bosses.

So to defeat him, I need to stay far and pray so that he never crit with his cannon attack?
Btw, I already tried with guildies to defeat him but still failed badly (they always die because they're in between the lantern vacuum lols).

I'll save time here and not analytically pick apart your post. A lot of your concerns are valid, but for the sake of strategy your theories are incorrect. Send me a forum PM, and we'll set up a time/date to accomplish this for you. Guaranteed success :)

ShadowGunX
07-26-2013, 02:52 PM
the only strategy is to bring 2 good warriors having Axe Throw with feeble effect nd good rogue. mage needed to refill mana tho.

falmear
07-26-2013, 07:58 PM

If you don't have it respec and add arcane shield. Forget about mana heal because if you stand around charging mana heal you are wasting time that you could otherwise be be doing damage or putting yourself into a position to die. I play the arena with only rogues sometimes so a warrior isn't needed. And to defeat blood hammer its bad because warrs stand there and he heals with his bite attack. Also warrs have low dmg so it takes longer to kill bloodhammer. If you are look at the Shark Bouncer achievement, its Bloodhammer with Crystal Vortex in 3 mins. You want the most damage here with survivability. Warr is not gonna hold aggro and holding aggro does nothing against his aoe bomb. Also unlike spiders, crystals don't cause rogue or mage's range weapon (bow/gun) to not target the boss. So get 3 rogues plus yourself and use bows and gun. Then stay out of the red zone as much as you can. With arcane shield I can survive quite a bit of damage if those crystals get me if I time my shield right. If Bloodhammer doesn't come up with crystal vortex, exit the map and reform party and try again. He isn't needed for any other achievement unless you just want to do it for fun. Also I would use slag if you got him because you can stun bloodhammer some of the time which takes pressure off of trying not to die. If everyone has slag then this can work well by rotating stunning.

moot
07-26-2013, 09:02 PM
@Wvhills,I know boss aren't designed to be soloed but I already try with my guildies. Still failed. The maximum dmg I can get is 280 because I only have mythic gun.

@Taejo, what is your ign?

@Shadowgunx, yeah that will prevent crit but I still need 2 good warrior.

@Falmear, I don't care about the achievement, I just want to finish the arena. I agree with bringing no warrior because there's no aggo to hold(except for spider? lols). I can't respec and how did you know I don't have shield? Anyway I'm not a plat user and don't have slag.

Thanks guys for the sweet reply. Put your ign here or pm me in game to help me if you want.

Alhuntrazeck
07-26-2013, 10:04 PM
what gear are you using? Because 3.6k is the highest ive ever heard for a mage and I'm sure it isn't very useful. Sure, yoi wont die easily, but if u got top end gear why not invest more in gear that gives you 2.9k-3k health and way more damage?

Ive only run shuyal a few times bcuz of lame drops, but it should be worthwhile having a tank if only to stop the boss from killing ur other members.

ShadowGunX
07-26-2013, 11:34 PM
ik war is not mch good with bloodhammer as he needs to b near d boss bt lol one can get out of range. most war avoid his triangular red zone (which steal hp) by going back of the boss. bt it is wrong, red area is circular i.e. around the boss. one need to go either upperleft or upper right.

moot
07-27-2013, 01:18 AM
what gear are you using? Because 3.6k is the highest ive ever heard for a mage and I'm sure it isn't very useful. Sure, yoi wont die easily, but if u got top end gear why not invest more in gear that gives you 2.9k-3k health and way more damage?

Ive only run shuyal a few times bcuz of lame drops, but it should be worthwhile having a tank if only to stop the boss from killing ur other members.
I put 70 points on str thats why.
For 3.6k health I use, noble of will set. (I don have noble of security set too), Ornate braid of security (level 29 lols) and gleipnir.

My max dmg is just 260 with 2.9k health (still with snaggletooth).

Taejo
07-27-2013, 01:48 AM
If you don't have it respec and add arcane shield. Forget about mana heal because if you stand around charging mana heal you are wasting time that you could otherwise be be doing damage or putting yourself into a position to die. I play the arena with only rogues sometimes so a warrior isn't needed. And to defeat blood hammer its bad because warrs stand there and he heals with his bite attack. Also warrs have low dmg so it takes longer to kill bloodhammer. If you are look at the Shark Bouncer achievement, its Bloodhammer with Crystal Vortex in 3 mins. You want the most damage here with survivability. Warr is not gonna hold aggro and holding aggro does nothing against his aoe bomb. Also unlike spiders, crystals don't cause rogue or mage's range weapon (bow/gun) to not target the boss. So get 3 rogues plus yourself and use bows and gun. Then stay out of the red zone as much as you can. With arcane shield I can survive quite a bit of damage if those crystals get me if I time my shield right. If Bloodhammer doesn't come up with crystal vortex, exit the map and reform party and try again. He isn't needed for any other achievement unless you just want to do it for fun. Also I would use slag if you got him because you can stun bloodhammer some of the time which takes pressure off of trying not to die. If everyone has slag then this can work well by rotating stunning.

Wow, lots of warrior-bashing in your post :). I can't say I agree with much of it since Arena is mostly what I farm now days with my warrior and a rogue friend. Bloodhammer dies in roughly 1:50 every time, the entire match is over in about 7:30. But yes, warriors who stand anywhere near Bloodhammer during his bite attack are being lazy and should move. Can't really blame the ones who aren't seasoned with fighting BH, though. The red cone for his HP-siphoning bite is inaccurate and has failed to be looked at since Kraken was launched. Also, having everyone with Slag is a bit demanding, I think. I use George while the rogue uses Talon. The stuns are nice, but not really necessary if your warrior does a good job keeping him centered. A good warrior can most certainly keep aggro on BH, even while holding the crystal. In fact, its imperative the warrior continuously enfeebles BH so he doesn't land a crit shell shock. But you are correct in stating that aggro does not effect whom he shoots at or where his bomb lands.

@moot, my IGN is Geunin. You can contact me in game for help with this. We will run just the 3 of us.

Chauakai
07-27-2013, 01:50 AM
I was apart of a team that get Bloodhammer in 2 min 20 sec but only 2 of the 4 of us got the achievement. I don't know why that happened and no one will tell me why. I ask developers and I am getting no response. I also want to complete the arena on at least one of my 3 toons.

My party was 3 rogues and 1 warrior. I was in Epitome of Silentkill when I did the achievement. Alot of heavy mythic use in my party except for me. I still can't get any other achievement except for the one for finishing the Arena. My mage is the only one that hasn't finished the arena yet.

Taejo - I would love some help getting the achieves on my toons. Mainly my rogue but mage would be nice. I don't use my warrior as much anymore. I also have lots of plats also. Thanks!

Temarichan
07-27-2013, 01:57 AM
A 3.6k Mage? Wow, some strong Shuyal Mage there. :)

Just keep your distance. I've soloed him in Shuyal without a problem. (i have no mythics anymore, just mythic pets)

Really takes concentration. Especially when purple smoke is around.

(sorry I'm not the data type. Just the killing type ^^)

Taejo
07-27-2013, 02:02 AM
I was apart of a team that get Bloodhammer in 2 min 20 sec but only 2 of the 4 of us got the achievement. I don't know why that happened and no one will tell me why. I ask developers and I am getting no response. I also want to complete the arena on at least one of my 3 toons.

My party was 3 rogues and 1 warrior. I was in Epitome of Silentkill when I did the achievement. Alot of heavy mythic use in my party except for me. I still can't get any other achievement except for the one for finishing the Arena. My mage is the only one that hasn't finished the arena yet.

Taejo - I would love some help getting the achieves on my toons. Mainly my rogue but mage would be nice. I don't use my warrior as much anymore. I also have lots of plats also. Thanks!

Sure, I'll be on tomorrow - contact me then.

moot
07-27-2013, 02:31 AM
A 3.6k Mage? Wow, some strong Shuyal Mage there. :)

Just keep your distance. I've soloed him in Shuyal without a problem. (i have no mythics anymore, just mythic pets)

Really takes concentration. Especially when purple smoke is around.

(sorry I'm not the data type. Just the killing type ^^)
I never beat shuyal so that compliment is not for me :p
I actually hoping for smoke everytime because I can't solo with vortex crystal because it will be"YOU GET THE FREAKING CRYSTAL... RUN AND SPAM POT" throughout all fight.

@Taejo, thanks I will befriended you in game :)

Temarichan
07-27-2013, 09:20 PM
Perhaps sometime my guildies and I could help you through the Shuyal ^^/ we'd be glad to.

Crowsfoot
07-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Uhm first off bring a tank, lol. Warriors use mainly close ranhe skills and I for one know to step out of bloodhammer's AoE attack (not perfect but 95% of the time I'm good). Also a warriors with chest splitter apply feeble + knocks boss out of windup, aka eliminates crit issue and lowers overall party damage intake. I do 1tank, 2mages, and 1rouge ideally for difficult elite bosses. For shark bouncer AP I would take as many damage based (myth bows) rouges as you can and prepare to burn plat.

Taejo
07-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Uhm first off bring a tank, lol. Warriors use mainly close ranhe skills and I for one know to step out of bloodhammer's AoE attack (not perfect but 95% of the time I'm good). Also a warriors with chest splitter apply feeble + knocks boss out of windup, aka eliminates crit issue and lowers overall party damage intake. I do 1tank, 2mages, and 1rouge ideally for difficult elite bosses. For shark bouncer AP I would take as many damage based (myth bows) rouges as you can and prepare to burn plat.

Staggering Blow doesn't effect Bloodhammer's windup, unfortunately. Also, you won't earn the achievement if you revive using plat (or release to start). So no point in plat reviving unless it's to help someone else in your group earn the achievement.

VelvetBlossom
07-30-2013, 03:35 PM
I would love to gain more insight on this and will be friending Taejo and Temarichan too, if thats ok. Thanks!