PDA

View Full Version : +25% Pet XP Amulet

Taejo
07-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Ok, so my pet organization idea hasn't received any positive feedback from the devs... so if we're forced to level up our pets into the order we want, here's what I propose to make that a more 'casual' experience:

Implement a +25% pet XP bonus pendant - mythic, no stats, and available through the platinum store.

Some other benefits to this:

1) Players will have more of an ability to cap their pets to make the playing field a bit more even in PvP
2) Players might find it more efficient to farm for rare spawns such as Bael while leveling up their pets at a much quicker rate than currently
3) Need more ideas... :)

Thanks for reading!

JaytB
07-26-2013, 01:40 PM
I think it's a cool idea but don't really see this happening.

1 xp ring/pendant would be all anyone needs to lvl up as many alts as they want. The, very popular, xp elix would seriously suffer in sales for something a player only has to pay for once.

So yeah, good idea but, from a business perspective, I don't see this happening.

Taejo
07-26-2013, 01:53 PM
I think it's a cool idea but don't really see this happening.

1 xp ring/pendant would be all anyone needs to lvl up as many alts as they want. The, very popular, xp elix would seriously suffer in sales for something a player only has to pay for once.

So yeah, good idea but, from a business perspective, I don't see this happening.

Thanks for the feedback, JaytB. This pendant/ring would be for pet XP only, so I am not sure how it would benefit people leveling up alts. The XP elixer would only be augmented by this, in my opinion, just as reroll elixer is augmented by the leprechaun pendant. Do many people use the XP elixer just to level up their pets? I sure don't...

JaytB
07-26-2013, 02:01 PM
This pendant/ring would be for pet XP only, so I am not sure how it would benefit people leveling up alts. The XP elixer would only be augmented by this, in my opinion, just as reroll elixer is by the leprechaun pendant. Do many people use the XP elixer just to level up their pets? I sure don't...

Got ya, somehow missed the 'pet' part. I do know at least some people who buy xp Elix to lvl up their pets, but they might be in the minority.

The only thing I personally don't like about this idea is that it will create even more people running with their statless pendants, and so not contributing as much as they could/should in farming runs. It's much like currently with the lep pendant, although that can still be removed and equipped right before a boss dies. An xp pendant would make you wear that pendant at all time because everywhere your pet will gain xp, and we'll almost always have some pet we'd like to lvl up a bit.

There are already too many undergeared people trying and failing to run elites, a statless pendant would only make matters worse.

At least that's my opinion about it.

SkullCrusher
07-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Agreed, but it would be much better if it were a 30 minute elixir. ( for 5 plat or so. )
And possibly make it 50% if it were to be an elixir.

Taejo
07-26-2013, 02:19 PM
I agree with your points. I guess I was assuming that most players were aware that elite maps are not the most efficient places to level up their pets. The XP yields are identical to normal maps, but overall produce XP at a much slower rate. Also, like you said, it puts the party at risk of not performing at an optimum level. Like the saying goes, "There's a time and place for everything". Planning to level your pet during elite runs really isn't the most efficient method. Rather, players should use this pendant to run normal maps solo, with a partner or with a "pet leveling party".

@Skull - I'm trying to seek a reasonable solution to the original problem: organizing your pets. As a player who doesn't spend plat on elixers, I wouldn't support the implementation of a 5 plat, 30 min pet XP elixer. However, I think most people would support a mythic item with permanent +25% pet XP that can be purchased via the platinum store or through the CS such as the leprechaun pendant is. The leprechaun pendant was scrutinized by many at first, but once they realized how valuable and plat-saving it is, they started to enjoy it more. It seems to be a popular item.

Energizeric
07-27-2013, 10:02 AM
The problem with a pendant giving bonus xp to the pet but not to the toon is that you could end up with a toon having a higher level pet than the toon itself. Unless you make it so that's not possible, so then the pet stops once he reaches the same level as the toon.

I don't see any reason for this really.

Taejo
07-27-2013, 10:07 AM
The problem with a pendant giving bonus xp to the pet but not to the toon is that you could end up with a toon having a higher level pet than the toon itself. Unless you make it so that's not possible, so then the pet stops once he reaches the same level as the toon.

Lol, of course you don't... not every idea has to benefit just you bud.

Taejo
07-27-2013, 10:12 AM

Besides, there's already code in place to prevent the pet from exceeding the level of it's master. That's a moot point.