PDA

View Full Version : Talon Review...?

Zeus
07-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Does anyone like the pet Talon? If so, can you list why you like it and which situations you find it useful in?

Also, what is the going price on it (not platinum price)? I know that AH is selling it for 2M, but I want to make sure that the price is accurate since there's only one listed.

Bless
07-26-2013, 09:12 PM
Around 1m - 1.3m seems a normal selling price for talon

SkullCrusher
07-26-2013, 09:14 PM
I saw talon listed for 900k once, pm iaser, I hear he has tons.
I also have the pet, very good in PvE and PvP, good mana boost, and super high damage.
Only 2 downsides are:
Smallest range evaaahh
Low health

moot
07-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Its 900k to 1m actually.

Talon is just for rich people as it's overprice for nothing. People maybe like it because it has 30dex stat.
The crit he gave is too low. I know the range and duration is amazing but it's useless if we don't crit at all when receive his buff.

moot
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Its 900k to 1m actually.

Talon is just for rich people as it's overprice for nothing. People maybe like it because it has 30dex stat.
The crit he gave is too low. I know the range and duration is amazing but it's useless if we don't crit at all when receive his buff.

Zeus
07-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Thanks all! Skull, I ran out of thanks so I'll try to thank you tomorrow.

Temarichan
07-26-2013, 09:40 PM
I very much like talon, he's a great help when I need extra dps and Dmg :) his ability boosts others dps and Dmg as well, and great when things get a Little sticky. :) I highly recommend him.

SkullCrusher
07-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks all! Skull, I ran out of thanks so I'll try to thank you tomorrow.

You replied? :O I honestly thought you literally wanted to murder me for something I did lol...anyways, here's a highly detailed comparison of talon to malison:

Malison Vs Talon - Showdown!

Malison has very nice all-around stats giving a nice mana, health, and good damage boost, so why talon?
Well, talon gives a good damage boost (15.8 to be exact) Now...let's do some calculation aye..?:

15.8 damage translates to 35 skill damage. A normal rogue fights ( no medic ) will consist of 1 combo ( aimed, nox, sp. )
35 x 3 = 95.
An average rogue's health is about 2600 so an extra 100 damage doesn't matter much, but there's more.
With this massive dex boost, you will also get a good critical chance boost as well.
When you crit your damage increases significantly, so lets do the match on that ( considering you get atleast 1 crit. )

616 x 2 = 1232, compared to 651 x 2 = 1302. 1302 - 1232 = 70 extra damage when using talon ( increases the higher your skill damage is )

If you are fighting using medics against a rogue I usually use about 3 combos.

70 x 3 = 210 damage every 3 combos. ( considering you only crit once. )
Note: These critical hits may also happen with malison meaning they aren't determined but talon increases the chances of its occurence.

When fighting a warrior I believe I use about 6 combos.

70 x 6 = 420 damage ( with only 1 crit. )

420 damage digs into an average warriors health. So here's an overall review:

Talon:
Pros:
Massive damage boost.
Good mana.
Cons:
Low health

Malison:
Pros:
High mana
Higher health
Cons:
Lower but decent damage.

So in conclusion we're back to square one.....your personal preference. Would you aim for survivability or fast-killing?

Honestly, I choose Malison. Why? Here's a few reasons:

- Way cheaper.
- Easier to use.

Why is it easier to use? To get the 150 mana boost from talon you have to tap it's arcane ability, slowing your overall damage unless you have perfect timing. You also get 8% crit boost ( brings me up to 31% crit which is amazing. )

Questions, comments concerns? Reply here or Pm me In-Game @ Calmedfear and I'll do some test runs with you showing its abilities. - Sincerely, Calmedfear: your average nooby rogue.

Zeus
07-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks! The arcane ability won't slow me down though if I can use chrome as I can hit the skill, attack, and arcane all at the same time.

Gesaffelstein
07-27-2013, 04:01 AM
I think Talon's kinda overpriced, he's like Colton for rogues right? Colton is so much cheaper.. And you can even get Talon with plat purchase.

xoxo

KingMartin
07-28-2013, 04:38 AM
Hey guys, when playing Rogue, I use Talon for the most difficult Elite mobs. Currently (I own no mythic amulet or ring) my DMG is 306 with Talon and Entangled bow.

My fellow rogue throws entangled trap, I throw shadow veil, charge razor shield, hit Arcane, spam autoattack and watch the crit show. And I think Talon stacks even with fellow Ribbit.

Warriors will love you for the Shadow Veil and Talon's arcane too.

For bosses I usually switch to a different pet (still testing my 30lvl Abby)