PDA

View Full Version : Open another class

markuselliot
07-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Please establish another class or classes.

Why I say so is, according to my observation, many players already have multiple characters of all classes that have already capped levels. With the limited skills slots and talent tree, it's, to be honest, getting more and more boring.

Why don't you think of establishing another class, say soul catcher? White mage? Two physical and two magical dps characters seem a balance.

If you developers are really putting as much bullets on your new baby dragon game (having in mind you should have generated enough profits through plats buyers here), and giving up AL in the future half year or so, I got nothing to say. (If you lock or forbid this post, I will take this as a yes.)

Roberto077
07-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Designing classes takes months of preparation. Here's a quick list of things that they need to do to make new classes:

1. brain storm (what classes?)
2. 3D design (make a model)
3. Create animations (emotes, base character, running, stationary/breathing, walking, character animation during the ability)
4. ability brainstorm (what can the class do?)
5. Ability animation (what does the projectile or lighting when the ability goes off?)
6. Base colors
7. Ability coloring
8. Adaption to ALL THE EQUIPMENT CURRENTLY IN THE GAME (what will the items look like?)
9. Item FX
10. Item stats (What will the stats look like? str, dex, int, or all?)
11. Item balancing (Making each item balanced with other classes gear)
12. Level ranging balance for items (increase/decrease on bonuses level wise)
13. Damage scaling (how much damage the items will do)
14. Item procs (making legendary/mythic/arcane items have fair procs)
15. Ability balance (making sure the class can't instant kill a full mythic/arcane warrior)
16. Ability procs (making the 4 additions to each ability)
17. Base stats (starting health, mana, crit, dodge, armor, etc)
18. Aggro generation (How much will healing conduct aggro?)
19. RANGE (how far can this thing attack? Are we talking Rail Gun or Liberator?)
20. Class request (How long until the update will go through Apple)
21. Probably much more

Now, take into account that most of the previous things would take many times to perfect. Balancing gear and abilities is a very long and painful process to go through especially in a small company like STS. I may have more to say later...

asimauara
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
They could at least make a high version of the classes and charge for them like a high mage would die less or even a high rouge or warrior which to my idea the rogues are elves but still they could at least give an option to change gender!