PDA

View Full Version : Repercussions for scammers

walkingzombie
07-28-2013, 01:34 PM
It would be awesome if there was a way to have someones account suspended or deleted if they scam you. I'm definitely not new to this game. I made a mistake by not double checking a trade before I confirmed the trade. But the fact that I lost both money and an item definitely makes me feel sorry for every other person this has happened to. I own my mistake, but repercussions for the SCAMMER would make it happen less often I'm sure.

Ebezaanec
07-28-2013, 01:42 PM
The only problem is that the system cannot tell the difference between a fair trade and a scam.

STG's software as advanced as it is, still cannot read player intentions. So therefore, the system cannot give any repercussions due to issues with honesty and trust.

walkingzombie
07-28-2013, 01:49 PM
True, but they do have records of transactions. That along with chat records. So an agreed price amd actual price is obviously different. If you have solid proof...or enough people complaining about the same person, I would think something could be done. More than anything, an easier way to actually see the numbers before the confirm would be awesome. It's my fault for rushing. However I would have noticed it before hand if there was a comma.

Energizeric
07-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Send an email to STS support. They will most likely not restore your items and gold, but likely they will ban the scammer if they are 100% convinced based on the chat record. STS does not want scammers in the game.

walkingzombie
07-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Send an email to STS support. They will most likely not restore your items and gold, but likely they will ban the scammer if they are 100% convinced based on the chat record. STS does not want scammers in the game.

I did send an email. Unfortunately, I disconnected right after that happened, so I didn't have his name when I sent the first email. But karma was on my side. I won't tell details on how I found him again, but I sure did find him and directly reported him in-game. I know I won't get my money or stuff...but I sure hope they do something. Shortly after I found him, someone in the game was screaming he was a scammer. So he obviously is habitual at this. I'm hoping the other person reported him too. Better chance at a ban. I work hard for everything I get in the game. It just really chaps me that someone burned me like that. C'mon karma! Serve some justice!

walkingzombie
07-29-2013, 05:52 PM
I did send an email. I'm definitely not holding my breath to get the money or my item back. I disconnected right after that happened. So I lost his name before I got to send an email. Karma and diligence were on my side last night though. I won't say how, but I found him and reported him in game. Shortly after that someone was yelling he was a scammer. So he obviously is habitual at getting one over on people. I just hope that peraon reported him too. I work hard for everything I have in the game. It really chaps me that I was duped. Hopefully karma will serve some justice and he is banned. Shame on people like that. It's disgusting.