PDA

View Full Version : I get +1 death when i leave pvp arena

matanofx
07-28-2013, 03:11 PM
I know that if i leave in the middle of a pvp while being attacked ill get +1 death even if i didnt die in arena and had 50% hp left for example

So i tested it a bit and many times even when not in combat with 100% health and no enemy near by i leave and get +1 death on my death count

Either this is a bug that needs to be fixed or theres something i dont know about when to leave the pvp arena

Please help, thnx.

Ebezaanec
07-28-2013, 05:33 PM
I know this issue and it can be annoying..

The secret is to look at your character. They have different stances: Attack/Rest stance.

Attack Stance:

Rest Stance:

Basically what this means is, if you are in Attack Stance, the game is fooled into thinking it is actually in combat and thus you gain +1 death while in pvp. The solution is to hang around in pvp for a bit and wait for your Attack Stance to switch back to Rest Stance, so you can leave safely. Also try to avoid Trulle since his hits can cause you to switch automatically back to Attack Stance.

Hope this helps :)

Taejo
07-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Interesting. I don't leave PvP while in combat, but I'm curious: does this happen to a sorc holding a gun as well? If so, how do you avoid it since there's no different stances while holding a gun?

Ebezaanec
07-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Interesting. I don't leave PvP while in combat, but I'm curious: does this happen to a sorc holding a gun as well? If so, how do you avoid it since there's no different stances while holding a gun?

I am pretty sure this also happens... But for sorc its more difficult to tell.

Well this is what I assume is the Rest Stance (when the sorc scratches his head or looks backwards:

Pardon my cheap Sorc.. I keep him only for opening crates ;)

But I guess for Sorcs, the only solution is to wait a couple of seconds without using skills to safely exit the pvp arena. I know, I know... Sorcs have to be patient for everything, their own expansion and now this!

But if your K/D means a lot, I guess the time spent waiting for a bit is worth it.

Roberto077
07-28-2013, 05:58 PM
When you leave in the middle of combat you will receive a sort of aggro debuff that makes it so that you will be punished if you leave a fight. In Pocket Legends you can see a little symbol indicating you have either attacked or someone has attacked nearby you. I suggest leaving a PvP match when you're in your spawn with an invincibility shield.

matanofx
07-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Thnx for help

I just happen to be a gun using sorc yay for me haha, but your tips did help ill just wait MORE =]

Ebezaanec
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
No problem.

See you ingame Matan :)

Taejo
07-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I was just curious :) Thank you for investigating. I didn't know you received a death when leaving PvP during combat. I guess in some cases it's deserved, but in others you're just merely escaping being ganged in the spawn room.

Alhuntrazeck
07-29-2013, 03:13 AM
NOW I get while my deathcount keeps increasing every time I leave the arena! This must be fixed. I leave the room becuz of spawning and ganging and guess what? I still get a death to show as a punishment for not sticking. Smh.

Limsi
07-29-2013, 03:15 AM
I know this issue and it can be annoying..

The secret is to look at your character. They have different stances: Attack/Rest stance.

Attack Stance:

Rest Stance:

Basically what this means is, if you are in Attack Stance, the game is fooled into thinking it is actually in combat and thus you gain +1 death while in pvp. The solution is to hang around in pvp for a bit and wait for your Attack Stance to switch back to Rest Stance, so you can leave safely. Also try to avoid Trulle since his hits can cause you to switch automatically back to Attack Stance.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks in advance while I test this one out.

matanofx
07-29-2013, 03:59 AM
I think ill make a suggestion thread about this after testing what was said here

1. the switch from combat stance to rest stance takes way too long, i just wanna leave a room why do i have to wait over 10 seconds to leave freely?

2. the switch from combat stance to rest stance is hardly noticeable at all as a gun using mage.

My suggestions would be to make the switch last not longer than 3-5 seconds and give the gun using smurf on rest stance a different pose thats noticeable-
like resting the gun on his shoulder.

What do you people think?

Ebezaanec
07-29-2013, 11:14 AM
I think ill make a suggestion thread about this after testing what was said here

1. the switch from combat stance to rest stance takes way too long, i just wanna leave a room why do i have to wait over 10 seconds to leave freely?

2. the switch from combat stance to rest stance is hardly noticeable at all as a gun using mage.

My suggestions would be to make the switch last not longer than 3-5 seconds and give the gun using smurf on rest stance a different pose thats noticeable-
like resting the gun on his shoulder.

What do you people think?

Sounds good :)

After some more testing, I noticed that once you switch back into Rest Stance, your Health and Mana regenerate at a much quicker rate, then if your were in Attack Stance.

So one way to figure out if you are in Rest Stance or not is to check your Mana or Health. If you are replenishing rapidly, you are probably in Rest Stance. But if it is replenishing rather slowly, you are probably still stuck in Attack Stance.