PDA

View Full Version : Will Christmas Vanities Return?

SpiritedAway
07-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Does anybody have any information on whether Christmas vanities will return this December? I'm guessing STS will not recycle them, but I'm wondering if maybe they have commented on this subject before I joined the AL community.

drgrimmy
07-28-2013, 11:04 PM
I am sure they will be recycled in some form. In PL almost all the vanities got recycled at some point. Take for example the contentious pumpkin head or zombie head :)

Temarichan
07-28-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm pretty sure christmas vanities will come in December is some way, shape or form. :) but I'm pretty sure they won't recycle them.

IronMonkey
07-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Sell those vanities now before they are released again.

drgrimmy
07-28-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty sure christmas vanities will come in December is some way, shape or form. :) but I'm pretty sure they won't recycle them.

I would not bet the millions that some of these vanities are worth on it. Sure I will not sell my Christmas tree in fear of it being recycled, but I would not be surprised if it gets recycled slightly modified. As you know these games are somewhat limited by data and many things are recycled. Take for example the founders sets and founders vanities, the watch sets from the crates and the new vanities, demonlord and sealord, the leprechaun and the Christmas grinch that came out of barrels and boxes during the st Patrick's day and Christmas events, the enemy pigs and wolves and our pets, the enemy pigs in the tower and in nordr, the list goes on and on... Did ripmaw make a reappearance? Also I am just judging by prior experience with PL and the seasonal vanities there that got recycled and angered a few long time players.

Energizeric
07-28-2013, 11:59 PM
It probably depends on sales numbers. If a certain vanity did not sell well, they will probably not sell it again and instead try something else. Obviously that will make it more valuable and rare in the future. But remember that once STS puts an item up for sale again, it's value drops to almost nothing, and then people buy based on if they like it and not based on rarity.

I think there is a fair chance the xmas tree vanity will be discontinued. It seemed like the santa claus suit vanity sold much better as I saw many more of them around. Drgrimmy was the only one I saw who was always wearing the xmas tree vanity.

PvE
07-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Will they be recycled?

No one knows I doubt even the developers at this point in time know what they are planning on doing. Since all the negative feedback from Pocket Legends I doubt they will recycle but alter the item or add new ones like snowman suit or other fun outfits or similar outfits with a minor edit to them. I am not or will not ever sell my santa suit on either my rogue or my warrior because 1) In game money is easily earned by endgame farming 2) I love people coming up saying SANTA! 3) It its my account :D

If it comes back than cool stuff because I need a xmas costume on my smurf :P I ended up giving it away to my gf who than lost all her account info and cant recover.... Sad day sad day

Now I do not know what will happen so don't take my work nor anyone else's word other than a developer/admin or knowledgeable CSR.

Thanks,
PvE

Jcyee
07-29-2013, 01:21 AM
It probably depends on sales numbers. If a certain vanity did not sell well, they will probably not sell it again and instead try something else. Obviously that will make it more valuable and rare in the future. But remember that once STS puts an item up for sale again, it's value drops to almost nothing, and then people buy based on if they like it and not based on rarity.

I think there is a fair chance the xmas tree vanity will be discontinued. It seemed like the santa claus suit vanity sold much better as I saw many more of them around. Drgrimmy was the only one I saw who was always wearing the xmas tree vanity.

I think I remember somewhere a dev or mod posted about the Christmas vanities not being too popular.

I just don't want any recycled items. I understand the fact that the system can only hold so much data but it would be great if the vanities were clearly distingushable from each other. Not like the 2011 and 2013 rabbit eats in PL where the only difference I can see is in the name.

IronMonkey
07-29-2013, 02:28 AM
From what I remember STS said that comic vanities like Xmas tree and Santa outfits did not sell much. Most players don't like the funny look, they would rather have the bad guy look like betrayers set. So this may affect the future of this so called comic vanities.

SpiritedAway
07-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'll sell all of my x-mas vanities in October or November just in case STS brings them back the following December.

Energizeric
07-29-2013, 06:31 PM
They could also skip a year and then release them again in 2015. They did that in PL with a couple of items.

iui
07-29-2013, 06:49 PM
i hope they'll gonna do another xmas costume though the old one still looks good.

Herondale
07-29-2013, 08:15 PM
I hope or at least add the old ones and include new ones for those who already have the old ones. Lol I wasn't here when it was winter.

romanul99
07-30-2013, 03:54 AM
maybe yes but i have buyed at auc ;)