PDA

View Full Version : Merching

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Well I'm probably the poorest 76 ig because I suck at merching.Can any of you guys give me tips to be a good merch and tell me what's the best things to merch :D.I would highly appreciate it because I only make money out of farming and days that I don't get combos I can't make cash :P.

-Lakersrockftw 76 bird

Reunegade
07-29-2013, 11:46 AM
Well I'm probably the poorest 76 ig because I suck at merching.Can any of you guys give me tips to be a good merch and tell me what's the best things to merch :D.I would highly appreciate it because I only make money out of farming and days that I don't get combos I can't make cash :P.

-Lakersrockftw 76 bird

You have a swift set lol. You aren't poor ;)

xbabybugszx
07-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Dragon vanities are easy to merch if you got the gold to spend, if not start of low with gold dragon vanities & slowly work your way up as you make money to red dragon.

Or you can just go ahead & farm nuris mini dungeon with lots of Plat. I spent 800 plat farming there & made 7m.

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 12:25 PM
I would of never got swift one of my friends gifted it to me when he quit :P I was using sang armor flying Helm and elite bow during this whole cap until 1 month ago :D. I would farm nuri dungeon but I don't want to waste that much real $. I'll try merching dragon :D thanks babybugs.

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 12:26 PM
I would still appreciate tips and info on merching :D.

Gragorak
07-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Start by buying some cs, stash and inventory slots if you haven't already, have at least 20 cs slots (I have 51, and they are often all in use)

Choose some items/sets of the following list and start focusing on them. Watch their prices on cs, see how much they go for in trader's market, etc. When their price is lower than average in cs, buy. If there are more than one of the same item under average price, buy them all. Also buy from people from balefort castle, and you could buy stuff from trader's market too. When you have learned prices of few items/sets well enough, continue to monitor other items' prices, and start to merch them.

Lvl 10-51, 56, 61 Forgotten bows
Lvl 10-50 2012 halloween gear (chunkers, reapers, paws, all shields)
Shadow cave sets
Lvl 51, 55 sewer sets
Lvl 56 all glyph sets
Lvl 60 obe/sm/charmin' sets
Lvl 60 crafting materials (especially glyphic steels)
Demonic pieces
Dragon vanities
Lvl 65 crafted sets
Lvl 66 sets
Lvl 70 crafted sets
All bsm sets

When you've learned the prices of some of those items and have started to make profits with them, you can start to merch not so profitable items, like

Lvl 5, 15 crafted armors
Pink forest haven weapons/dark forest pink armors
Lvl 26 sets
Lvl 35 sets
Lvl 40, 45-50 AO gear
Lvl 53, 58, 53, 68 sets
Lvl 65 and 70 uncrafted sets
Normal vanities
Winter fest gear
Forgotten blades & staffs
Discontinued items

Few miscellaneous tips:
-You don't have to sell very high priced items in cs. Many people buy them for very small discounts and you can save high listing fees.
-If you have multiple copies of same items, don't list them in cs at the same time for same price. This gives potential buyers chance to wait for better deal in the furure, because they can always buy your item from cs, as it's unlikely that two same items sell very fastly.
-Dont't undercut by 1 gold, same reason as above.

Hope this helped.

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks Gragorak I made 3mil by selling all my forgotten,Halloween,christmas,glyph items I had farmed which of the items on the list do you prefer me to start on.

Trenton
07-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks Gragorak I made 3mil by selling all my forgotten,Halloween,christmas,glyph items I had farmed which of the items on the list do you prefer me to start on. If you haven't, learn the prices first. Then, I myself would say start on 56-60 glyph, (obed, charmin, sm) but that's sort of up to you. And also, be careful with the 53, 58, 63, 68, 73 sets because not many people would buy them unless they're a newbie that's needing something cheap(er) to level up with.

Gragorak
07-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks Gragorak I made 3mil by selling all my forgotten,Halloween,christmas,glyph items I had farmed which of the items on the list do you prefer me to start on.
Lvl 56 & 60 glyph sets, dragon vanities, lvl 70 cafted sets and bsm sets. Dragon vanities are best items to merch IMO.

billybob1
07-29-2013, 01:10 PM
dont forget to spam in balefort--"buying all set and items 100k plus for 50-70% off cs no ao"

hoped that helped

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Do people sell stuff when you do that and if they do how long does it take usually and thanks for all the info you guys helped a lot I'll thank your posts when I get a computer in front of me

Gragorak
07-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Do people sell stuff when you do that and if they do how long does it take usually and thanks for all the info you guys helped a lot I'll thank your posts when I get a computer in front of me
Nobody sells for those who spam "Ripping u off -50%", but if you advertise like "buying valuable items, reasonable discounts" you will get lots of deals.

I usually just buy from cs, but when I advertise I get multiple PMs per minute.

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Ok thanks gragorak :D.

Oldcoot
07-29-2013, 02:12 PM
dont forget to spam in balefort--"buying all set and items 100k plus for 50-70% off cs no ao"

hoped that helped
Thanking this one

kcimythgim
07-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Sorry for the double post, my phone went weird for a minute.

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 02:27 PM
:D thanks

kcimythgim
07-29-2013, 02:27 PM

hoped that helped
And after they try to sell you the item, tell them that it's OP in cs and you'll only buy for 75% off. On a serious note, I would suggest making a list on Microsoft Excel of items people here mentioned and make it a routine to check the prices every day and record them in the spreadsheet. This way you've recorded the prices and you can physically see if the price is lower than normal. If you're tech savy, you might be able to take the data from the spreadsheet and turn it into a little graph to make it easier to see average prices.

Cheenivie
07-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Nobody sells for those who spam "Ripping u off -50%", but if you advertise like "buying valuable items, reasonable discounts" you will get lots of deals.

I usually just buy from cs, but when I advertise I get multiple PMs per minute.

You would be suprised...

Spyce
07-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Buy low and sell high!

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 02:52 PM
:D thanks

Swords
07-29-2013, 03:11 PM
1. Stalk cs like a hawk to know your item prices
2. Figure on what to merch, preferably crafted sets,glyph or blacksmoke items
3. Find some sellers and buy them at a discount for example swift set for 2.7
4. Then sell that item/set in cs

Fusionstrike
07-29-2013, 04:11 PM
I've always suspected there might be certain times of day or days of the week that are better for finding discounted items to buy or selling for higher prices. I've never gotten around to tracking prices of enough items for enough days to see if my theory is correct though. Anyone have any advice on days of week and/or times of day that are more likely to be good times to buy or sell?

billybob1
07-29-2013, 04:13 PM
I've always suspected there might be certain times of day or days of the week that are better for finding discounted items to buy or selling for higher prices. I've never gotten around to tracking prices of enough items for enough days to see if my theory is correct though. Anyone have any advice on days of week and/or times of day that are more likely to be good times to buy or sell?

buy during the week sell on weekends...lot more people on,seems like,on the weekend

lakersrockftw
07-29-2013, 05:55 PM
Ok :D

Blastyou
07-29-2013, 06:26 PM

Looking at prices through the day, I tend to see the lowest prices around evening (EST). This has been pretty consistent, at least with the items I keep track of.

Trenton
07-29-2013, 06:26 PM
buy during the week sell on weekends...lot more people on,seems like,on the weekend This actually seems true haha, I seem to sell everything on the weekends, and if anything on weekdays, it's like around after supper time to midnight.

billybob1
07-29-2013, 06:36 PM
This actually seems true haha, I seem to sell everything on the weekends, and if anything on weekdays, it's like around after supper time to midnight.

lol..its true...been merchin for years...literally

lakersrockftw
07-30-2013, 12:57 AM
Never noticed that lol