PDA

View Full Version : Guide- Attack/Rest Stances

Ebezaanec
07-29-2013, 12:06 PM
As many of you may have noticed, your character has some different positions that they tend to pose in. These are are what I call their stances.

There are two important stances:

REST STANCE: This is the stance all characters use when the are not in combat or using their weapon/skills. Sometimes NPC's or objects can only be observed or interacted while you are in Rest Stance. Also Health and Mana regenerate very fast if you are in this postion.

Your character may exit Rest Stance if you are: Fighting in combat, using skills, using weapons, or being attacked by enemies.

Warrior- Sword and Shield Rest Stance:

Warrior- Sword/Hammer/Axe Rest Stance

Rogue- Daggers Rest Stance

Rogue- Bow Rest Stance

Sorcerer- Staff Rest Stance

Sorcerer- Gun Rest Stance (Note: The gun stances for sorcerers are almost identical, but in Rest Stance, the sorc can be seen looking backwards or scratching his head).

ATTACK STANCE: A stance your character uses when they are ready or poised for combat/action. They will usually hold the weapon in attack mode (except for sorc gun users). Some NPC's or objects cannot be interacted with while in this stance. Also Health and Mana regenerate very slowly while in this stance.

Your character will exit Attack Stance when it is: Not in combat/fighting, no longer taking damage, or not using attacks/skills. A short duration of time is needed to exit Attack Stance.

Warrior- Sword and Shield Attack Stance

Warrior- Sword/Hammer/Axe Attack Stance

Rogue- Daggers Attack Stance

Rogue- Bow Attack Stance

Sorcerer- Staff Attack Stance

Sorcerer- Gun Attack Stance (Note: Gun Stances are very similar, but in Rest Stance, the sorcerer can be seen looking backwards or scratching its head).

PVP: Sometimes when you exit a PVP Arena, you can earn +1 death for no reason.

This is because when you are in Attack Stance and you leave, the system is fooled into thinking you are still in combat and thus grants you +1 death, as a punishment for leaving while in "pseudo-combat."

The solution is to wait for your Attack Stance to switch back to Rest Stance and then you can leave safely. It can get somewhat annoying over time, but if your K/D means a lot to you, it's worth the wait.

(Note: Gun-using Sorcerers will have the most trouble with this since their gun stances are both very similar. It seems sorcerers always get the hard end of a bargain nowadays. One suggestion by Matanofx is to implement a different stance for gun-users).

Thanks for reading. If you see any mistakes or inconsistencies, please notify me. :)

Acknowledgements to Matanofx for bringing up the idea.

Soundlesskill
07-29-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for clarifying the sorc stances :)
I really didn't know hehe

Ebezaanec
07-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for clarifying the sorc stances :)
I really didn't know hehe

No problem :)

Let me know if you see any mistakes with the guide.

Soundlesskill
07-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Hehe there's no mistakes :D

matanofx
07-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Thnx for credit and for bringing it up for all to see

Ran out of thanks but u get a thumbs up from me

Crowsfoot
07-29-2013, 05:12 PM
You rack a death in PvP when leaving the arena for one of many factors, not just being in "attack stance"

1) any buffs/debuffs being applied to you (excluding pets). So say a warrior uses heal on you, then you leave: one death.

2) leaving when HP or mana is below 100%

3) disconnecting from server.

4) as stated: leaving while in attack stance.

matanofx
07-30-2013, 01:13 AM
You rack a death in PvP when leaving the arena for one of many factors, not just being in "attack stance"

1) any buffs/debuffs being applied to you (excluding pets). So say a warrior uses heal on you, then you leave: one death.

3) disconnecting from server.

4) as stated: leaving while in attack stance.

i didnt even know two of those thnx for heads up, i hope people read this thread

Alhuntrazeck
07-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Nice guide! They should change gun sorc's rest n attack stances :/

ShadowGunX
07-30-2013, 06:08 AM
u also get death in pvp if u get hit nd then.leave even if u r in rest stance and 100%hp as well

Ebezaanec
07-30-2013, 11:41 PM

Actually, I tested this in CTF and with Trulle in TDM. You do not rack a death from leaving with less than 100% health/mana.