PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of War and its purpose in the game.

Cahaun
07-29-2013, 07:26 PM
Here is the first of the two posts I made for the Temples in Battle Dragons on the IU website. If you ever wanted to know about everything you need to know about the Temple of War, this is the right thread to read... that is if you ever use the forums to look for good info instead of not doing anything at all to find out what it is and complain about things like misinformed gamers. If you are reading this, good! You are not the random person who makes the most bizarre comments on the Google Play or Facebook comments sections. :bi_polo:

Just noticed that lots of people still don't know the Temple of War's purpose in the game, and so I will tell you all the purpose of it right now so you can decide if you want your very own Temple of War.

The Temple of War is based around your army like how the camp and dojos are, but what it does is really fascinating. The Temple of War lets you upgrade your troops! An example would be that you can purchase upgrades for your Brawler so that its DPS and health is increased, but with a small price raise to train them in the dojos.

Not only does the Temple of War upgrade your troops for battles to come, but it's also a place where you can upgrade the spells that you get from the Temple of Magic! The spells can be upgraded, but in a different way than that of the regular troops. Instead of just doing damage/health like the others, the spells' potency is increased. The damage for the explosive spell gets a large damage increase while the health spell gets a more potent healing capability with its ability to heal a lot more HP points. The third spell is like a damage elixer for troops by giving them a 130% damage boost. The Temple of War increases the potency by buffing it to a 140% bonus.

Strategy #1: Offensive
The offensive advantage of having a Temple of War is shown by the increased health and damage of the troops. This will lead to faster raids with fewer casualties in the end (Not counting that everyone that was deployed gets killed in the end anyway). The other big advantage on the offensive side is the upgrades for spells that you can get from the Temple of Magic. Having a healing spell that heals more, a bigger explosive to damage your enemy defenses, or damage boost for your troops can really tip the favor of the battle in the hands of the attacker. Use the Temple of War if you want to have that strategic edge with you in battle.

Strategy #2: Defensive
For a building dedicated to attacking, the Temple of war can also be used to help defend villages from raids. The only trick is that teamwork will need to be used for this to work. We all know that donated troops will help defend the village from raids (If you didn't, tell me and I will make a thread on that), and spitters do an excellent job at blasting raiding troops. Just think of how much faster those spitters can defend if they have double the DPS they already excell at? That's a major improvement if the right funds are invested in the Temple of War. A good batch of spitters can defend against attacks, but a fully upgraded spitter can do marvels. Use the Temple of War to help others fend off attacks.

Dark Passenger
07-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the thread.
Do the used in defending come back at the end of the raid or do they all die like when you're attacking?

Dizzy
07-30-2013, 12:41 PM
EDIT: never mind, misunderstood the question. :p

Cahaun
07-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the thread.
Do the used in defending come back at the end of the raid or do they all die like when you're attacking?
I'm trying to look into that. I'll let you know when I come to a conclusion.

csb
07-30-2013, 07:03 PM
If I donate upgraded dragons to a low level tribe member, does the tribe member get the dragons at his current skill level or at my upgraded level?

I was thinking that it is possible that they will match the current player upgrade level. If that is the case then they are being downgraded when donated.

Dizzy
07-30-2013, 07:23 PM
No, the donations are at the level of the donor. Level 3 spitters will be level 3 spitters no matter what level your own spitters are. Which also means that if you upgrade your tribe lodge high enough, someone can donate devastators to you, even if you yourself aren't at a level to make them yet. It's absolutely important to upgrade your troops, not just for yourself, but to the tribe members you donate to.