PDA

View Full Version : DexMage help - newbie here

Crooster
10-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Can somebody please explain what a DexMage is?

Which class? Do I just pump all points into dex? Are skills/spells based of class or your attributes?

Sorry for the newb questions. Just started playing. :)

Royce
10-25-2010, 06:42 PM
A Dex mage is just an enchantress with primary Dex. Basically in this game you pick a class (archer/warrior/enchantress), but it is more like a race really and your primary attribute determines your real class since all equipment requirements are just level and one of Str/Dex/Int. For a Dex mage, you want primary Dex, at least enough to equip Dex gear at your level. For secondary attribute points, either spend them in more Dex (the overpowered attribute), or in some Int. Int increases damage of enchantress skills and increases the strength of heal (Dex powers bird skills, and Str for bear skills). Dex increases your overall damage more, and gives you crit, hit%, etc.

Gamelova
10-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey Royce, since were on the subject, could you give me a DexEnchantress build then? Lvl 50.

Arterra
10-25-2010, 08:02 PM
I will help with that... cheapest wep is sunblessed bow, has a nice hit% reducing proc. can buy for less than 100k

Royce
10-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Royce, since were on the subject, could you give me a DexEnchantress build then? Lvl 50.

Well I haven't even leveled mine up yet (pally, then tank, now Int mage), but my current thinking, given my latest stat driven skills data, is that Dex enough for equipment, and the rest in Int would probably be most effective for how I like to play. The other option is Full Dex which would give better overall (including weapon) damage, and better crit, while Dex/Int would give slightly bigger AOE damage and heals and a little mana boost. I would say if you like to PvP, probably full Dex is the way to go, while Dex/Int would be a bit better for PvE. Skills:
5, 5, 5, 1
5, 2, 5, 5
5, 1, 5, 5
Though you could shift around some of the ice skill points or even put some into Mana Shield (though you get only a 2 armor buff per SP in MS).