PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Thabot!

Zentry
07-30-2013, 03:02 PM
So I recently bought a swift recurve bow in pl. This guy said ' Your bow for my swift armour'. I thought that it was a pretty good deal at first but then I realized it was too good to be true. We entered trade....
I put my bow down. He ticked the box. I was like hell no.

He admitted he wanted to try it out. I said if he didn't like the bow I would trade back with him.
It seemed wierd , since he could see the stats in trade.
I was also harrased my this other guy, literally begging me to join his guild.

His little plan didn't work. Since I know a scam when I see one, he backed out before he got in more trouble.

This just goes to show u. Pocket Legends is going to the dark side.
But, and this is totally awesome BTW, there's always that warm-hearted player that trys their very best to vanquish these cold-heared people.

Looks like pl still haz hope. A shout out to those 'cool' characters.

Zentry Out....

Producers
07-30-2013, 03:07 PM
I find it funny when their scam fails and pathetic that their scamming.

Zentry
07-30-2013, 03:08 PM
I know right. They must think I'm a idiot. Actually I have a high iq

Z
07-30-2013, 03:19 PM
No offense but you had no problem trying to get a 1.8m item for a 400k item. So neither one of you are right.

Swords
07-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Scammers these days, desperate trying to be in the ranks of hardcore rich farmers who earned their money the fair way

Zentry
07-30-2013, 03:30 PM
If u recall I wrote, 'But then I realized it was too good to be true'

billybob1
07-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Scammers these days, desperate trying to be in the ranks of hardcore rich farmers who earned their money the fair way

well said

angeldawn
07-30-2013, 04:51 PM
If this is the same player I think it is. I honestly don't think he was trying to scam. I have spoken to him before and he seems like a new player and not very well informed on the game and someone who could benefit from having other players as friends to help guide him in game.

It didn't look like a scam to me. To me a scam is more elaborate than trying to trade and not add any items.

billybob1
07-30-2013, 04:55 PM
If this is the same player I think it is. I honestly don't think he was trying to scam. I have spoken to him before and he seems like a new player and not very well informed on the game and someone who could benefit from having other players as friends to help guide him in game.

It didn't look like a scam to me. To me a scam is more elaborate than trying to trade and not add any items.

muah!

Whirlzap
07-30-2013, 04:55 PM

Angel, you give this guy too much credit.
Scams don't have to be "The Great Train Robbery" to be successful. Look at those yolasite scammer spammers.. Takes literally ten seconds to type out that spam.

Nevertheless, send a report in to STS. See what they think. They'll check logs and whatsoever.

angeldawn
07-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Angel, you give this guy too much credit.
Scams don't have to be "The Great Train Robbery" to be successful. Look at those yolasite scammer spammers.. Takes literally ten seconds to type out that spam.

Too much credit???

Do u know this player? Have you ever talked to him in game? Have you ever even seen him in game?

I have!! This is my opinion of him based on my personal interactions with him and all the questions he asks about the game. Not everyone is trying to scam or is well diverse in the gaming world where everything comes natural.

Maybe you shouldn't sit here and pass a negative judgement on someone you know nothing about. Sorry I forgot, this is your normal reactions to things. Judge with no basis. Good luck irl.

I love how so many players are so quick to try to play hero and try to call out a scammer with out possibly looking at it from a different perspective.

@ Billy
Mwah!! Miss u babe. Hope all is well and hope to see you soon. Miss farming with u :D

Z
07-30-2013, 05:33 PM
If u recall I wrote, 'But then I realized it was too good to be true'

So hypothetically speaking, if he actually went through with the trade, your bow for his armor, what would that make you? Lucky?

billybob1
07-30-2013, 06:00 PM
So hypothetically speaking, if he actually went through with the trade, your bow for his armor, what would that make you? Lucky?

shazamm!! ouch..good one zhau!

Zentry
07-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Actually I was trading to see if he was a scammer or not. His deal looked fishy from the start. BTW he is lvl 75, has all swift exept bow and goes around making deals.

Whirlzap
07-31-2013, 12:01 AM
Too much credit???

Do u know this player? Have you ever talked to him in game? Have you ever even seen him in game?

I have!! This is my opinion of him based on my personal interactions with him and all the questions he asks about the game. Not everyone is trying to scam or is well diverse in the gaming world where everything comes natural.

Maybe you shouldn't sit here and pass a negative judgement on someone you know nothing about. Sorry I forgot, this is your normal reactions to things. Judge with no basis. Good luck irl.

I love how so many players are so quick to try to play hero and try to call out a scammer with out possibly looking at it from a different perspective.

@ Billy
Mwah!! Miss u babe. Hope all is well and hope to see you soon. Miss farming with u :D

Yes, but we can't assume people based on what we know of them.
Did not some person just recently get scammed of his items when asking a endgame friend he knew for a long time to transfer some elites and pinks?
You may know this person and I believe your words about him but this is just to be safe.
Ultimately I'm not accusing him of anything, I just like to take precautions.

The Happiness
07-31-2013, 03:12 AM
This is exactly why you shouldn't call out players on a thread. No one knows their true intention but them. Congratulate yourself on not being scammed and move on. It is not your place to call someone a scanner nor our place to judge.

Zentry
07-31-2013, 04:14 AM
Actually I am warning others incase they get scammed. That's why

Suentous PO
07-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Actually I am warning others incase they get scammed. That's why

Unfortunatly your warning is as much an accusation possibly without warrant.
That person likely isn't on the forums to defend themselves, for that and other reasons we don't "name names".
Your warning would work just as well if you had omitted the name.

CrimsonTider
07-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Unfortunatly your warning is as much an accusation possibly without warrant.
That person likely isn't on the forums to defend themselves, for that and other reasons we don't "name names".
Your warning would work just as well if you had omitted the name.

This. Threads like these always bring about drama. Just waiting for someone to run, tell this person, he/she makes account just for this thread, bbq begins.