PDA

View Full Version : Break out the Nerf bat?

Battlegrinder
07-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Am I the only one who feels that certain units need to be nerfed? For example: smashers. I've repeatedly seen smashers take fire from multiple turrets and run headlong into mines, and then just keep rolling. One top of that, people also tend to spam the bloody things, so that even if you kill five of them, the attacker has another dozen in reserve. And they also do extra damage to and prioritize turrets, because apparently someone felt they weren't powerful enough as is. I'm sure you guys have examples/issues of your own, so feel free to share them and comment on which units need a good old fashioned nerfing.

Regarding the smashers, I'd suggest having a cap for how many can be used in any given battle, and them either lowering their health, removing their damage bonus, or changing/removing their prefer target.

Another idea would be to give turrets the same ability to preferentially target attackers (I'm not sure if some turrets already do this, as so far I've only unlocked the ice dragon), so people could set their turrets to take down the most dangerous units first.

Rare
07-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Am I the only one who feels that certain units need to be nerfed? For example: smashers. I've repeatedly seen smashers take fire from multiple turrets and run headlong into mines, and then just keep rolling. One top of that, people also tend to spam the bloody things, so that even if you kill five of them, the attacker has another dozen in reserve. And they also do extra damage to and prioritize turrets, because apparently someone felt they weren't powerful enough as is. I'm sure you guys have examples/issues of your own, so feel free to share them and comment on which units need a good old fashioned nerfing.

Regarding the smashers, I'd suggest having a cap for how many can be used in any given battle, and them either lowering their health, removing their damage bonus, or changing/removing their prefer target.

Another idea would be to give turrets the same ability to preferentially target attackers (I'm not sure if some turrets already do this, as so far I've only unlocked the ice dragon), so people could set their turrets to take down the most dangerous units first.

First of all, smashers are pretty expensive at lower levels. To add to that, they don't do anything but destroy walls.

I don't think they need any nerfing.

Are you sure you're talking about smashers?? And what are turrets? Do you mean dragons? Are you talking about crushers who target your dragons?

Dizzy
07-30-2013, 04:37 PM
I agree that no nerf is needed just yet. I've found that leveled up dragons take out my crushers pretty quick (lost 20 of them to a couple of high level acid dragons). I think before we start asking for nerfs, we need to see how leveling affects the balance.

Cahaun
07-30-2013, 04:58 PM
This game is already loco. We use exploits to fix exploits and a game that is very early in its age so I don't think that a little stat balancing and exploring with PvP issues will super hurt the game.

Dark Passenger
07-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Smashers don't need nerfing, they go straight for walls.
If your having a problem with someone using 40 smashers you just have to build 40 wall pieces.

Battlegrinder
07-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Sorry: I said smashers when I meant to say crushers. And when I said "turrets" I was referring to the buildable dragons like the fire dragon and whatnot (I was intending to prevent people from confusing them with the attacking dragons or the ones donated by your tribe).

Dark Passenger
07-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Sorry: I said smashers when I meant to say crushers. And when I said "turrets" I was referring to the buildable dragons like the fire dragon and whatnot (I was intending to prevent people from confusing them with the attacking dragons or the ones donated by your tribe).

Crushers hardly do any damage as is.

Evl1312
07-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Crushers are supposed to have High HP because they are the tank unit...

Cahaun
07-31-2013, 07:10 AM
Crushers are supposed to have High HP because they are the tank unit...
That's not the only thing he brought on the table

keikali
07-31-2013, 09:39 AM
No nerf is needed. Crushers are basically the Tank units. Its probably because there are a bunch of them and they have high HP and all hitting (1) target that it seems like its overpowered, but its not.

If you think Crushers are OP, wait till you run into Devastators.

Dizzy
07-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Boost your defensive dragons, especially Acid. You'll quickly see that boosting your defense will make a match for Crushers. Without Crushers, the defensive dragons would kill most raiding units within seconds. Crushers, as others have said, are tanks. They're also expensive to build and take up more space than other units, and have low attack -- and they'll only go for resources if there are no dragons left to kill, so using too many means you'll probably come away with little resources. So far, I find the balance pretty good.

tarlan
07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
pls dont nerf

if you don't like how it is now then don't play haha

Dark Passenger
07-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Yeah devastators are hardcore.