PDA

View Full Version : lvl 15 or 16 twink for rogue?

aznnluvnit
07-31-2013, 08:51 AM
i am getting bored with end game (currently a lvl 31 rogue) so i am thinking of making a rogue twink

i have never done any CTF or any PVP before

i was reading that if i do a lvl 15 rogue, i will compete with lvl 16 rogues... is that correct?

which lvl do you think i should make?

also, what is the best gear (money no object) for lvl 15 and 16?

lastly, what is the next best gear if you are on somewhat of a budget for lvl 15 and 16?

thanks in advance for the help!

GoodSyntax
07-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Level 15 is the best level to farm Hauntlet coins.

Even with my level 15 Warrior, I can solo the Hauntlet consistently at 2:00 flat. A Rogue should be even faster!

A level 15 Rogue is somewhat handicapped against level 16 players, but good tactics means you can still be very effective. The only issue is that you could potentially face level 17 Rogues, and that is a really big step up in competition.

For purposes of PvP, the Bonechill Bow of Potency remains the best weapon for maximum damage. Agile Ranger sets (of Will or of Savvy, depending on preference and play-style) are probably the best armors at that level, and a Cobalt Ring (DEX with the higher DMG bonus) is probably the best ring from a purely offensive position, along with a Swirling Amulet of Potency. Agile Ranger gear is difficult to find and when available prohibitively expensive. A suitable substitute can be a Bonechill set, which is still expensive, but not nearly as expensive as the Ranger gear.

I opt for two builds in PvP, one for maximum damage, in cases where either I have a good team, or you are at the high end of the level range for the arena, and a tankier build which sacrifices some DMG for more HP and armor in cases where your team stinks, or you are at a disadvantage because you are facing lv17 players.

The tankier build is obviously the less expensive route. Rings like Mystic Ring of Security and Twined Braid of Warfare are relatively inexpensive and really help with survivability.

Personally, I like the level 25/26 range. High-end gear is very inexpensive at this range. For less than 200k, you can have a fully equipped Rogue who can be a force in the arena. Plus, you get more diversity in your build and skill options, which keeps things interesting.

You can always dabble in the 20/21 level, but you will encounter another Rogue named Lilbless....it won't end well for you.

Bless
07-31-2013, 10:16 AM
L17. too many l17s so don't go l16

Y O L O
08-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Yea l15 is fine. Less l17 mvpvp noobs ^_^