PDA

View Full Version : Arcane pets' passives.

TuMadreee
07-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Just to point it out, hammerjaw and ripmaw have the exact same passive attack (there is some different wording, but that's all). This bothers me a lot, because that means abaddon could have the same passive as samael (He really needs a buff).

Another problem with hammerjaw is his really slow passive attack. What I'm referring to is how quickly he attacks a mob. As compared to malison, or slag for example, hammerjaw takes 1-2 more seconds for every hit it can make on an enemy.

If you have hammerjaw/ripmaw/abaddon, what do you think?

Zeus
07-31-2013, 12:06 PM
I have ripmaw on my warrior & abaddon on my rogue and I agree with you. I really want a HammerJaw, but I also know if I saved THAT much more for Glacian, I'd get a way better bang for my buck.

HJ needs to be buffed slightly more because even right now, it's barely, if at all better than legendary pets.

fumolamota
07-31-2013, 04:10 PM
I don't know why there is such backlash on Abaddon's stats? The dot his ability puts out is pretty sweet - this coming from a mage specc'd for dots: fire, ice, time, shield

TuMadreee
07-31-2013, 07:46 PM
Abaddon is good for sorc, i guess. But, if you're a rogue, your mana will be drained in 1 second.

Ravager
08-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I compare abaddon to shiloh since they both have 12% speed. I used to use shiloh for flagging but now prefer abaddon. Abaddon is good for flagging and if you get ambushed you have a fighting chance with 15% damage compared to Shiloh.

Yunfehn
08-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Ripmaw doesnt like mythic pet anyway. Agree. Hj and rip need a buff.

moonway03
08-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Ripmaw doesnt like mythic pet anyway. Agree. Hj and rip need a buff.

Why ripmaw? Just need hj to be buffed coz ripmaw is somewhat par with hammerjaw which is wrong,hammerjaw should have greater capabilities than he is now.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Limsi
08-03-2013, 01:46 AM
I will have to agree with this one.

TuMadreee
08-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Glacian/slag and samael/abaddon all have different passives.

Why do hammerjaw/ripmaw have the same?

Anymove
08-07-2013, 12:48 PM

What's wrong with that? The most important thing is just the arcane ability and the happiness bonus.
Passive doesn't matter.

Dlanor
08-07-2013, 06:02 PM

What's wrong with that? The most important thing is just the arcane ability and the happiness bonus.
Passive doesn't matter.

I feel as though the passives do matter very much for my choices in pets. For example, there are couple of pets whos passives lower damage by 10-15% (namely Snaggletooth or Orion) while also hitting more than one enemy in some cases. I understand the fact that arcane ability is important, but to say passives don't matter is something I'd disagree with..

TuMadreee
08-17-2013, 10:15 AM
Passive doesn't matter.

For end game players... High level pets with strong and effective passive abilities make a difference, whether its pve or pvp.