View Full Version : Malison vs Colton? (For a sorcerer)

joshtheboss
07-31-2013, 10:54 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/01/aza8ypag.jpgI'm almost at 200 story tokens for Colton but I've heard Malison is a very good pet as well so which should I get Colton or sell him for Malison? Lvl 31 sorcerer BTW. I'll post stats if it matters at all.

Drearivev
07-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Post stats please. Can't remember how much INT Colton grants.

bramer
07-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Post stats please. Can't remember how much INT Colton grants.
30 int

This is bramer - signing out

xcainnblecterx
07-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Heard colton makes sorc more squishy then Mali would maybe cause it only has int stat? Guess it depends if you want 25 to dex,into, and str or only 30int

Chauakai
07-31-2013, 11:27 AM
For a mage dmg is very important! Colton offers +30 Int and gives +10% dmg also. Malison give a hp boost and dodge ability also. Both pets can attack multiple targets at one time.

Here are my screenshots of my mage with Malison and Colton. I also included the screenshots showing the stats and Arcane ability of Malison and Colton. Granted, I have a Radiant Ice Ribs of Brutality gun but I usually run with my mythic gun Runic Flare of Lethality.

Hope this helps! IGN - Photomage

Mage w/Colton:

Mage w/Malison:

Colton Screenshot:

Malison Screenshot:

falmear
07-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Get colton with your story tokens. Then farm or buy malison. If you can do free offers then you can purchase him for 90 plat. But if you are only going with one I would get malison. He's much more versatile.

Zeus
07-31-2013, 12:08 PM
If you're going to PvP, get Malison. Although, Clyde or Slag would be better than either of those for PvP.

Drearivev
07-31-2013, 12:13 PM
If you're going to PvP, get Malison. Although, Clyde or Slag would be better than either of those for PvP.
True.
Overall, I'd say Malison. More survivability. But it really depends what kind of Sorcerer you want to be, and use them for PvE or PvP.

matanofx
07-31-2013, 12:22 PM
I got a colton but like others mentioned it makes me very squishy so i really cant use him as a priority pet for pvp/elite farming which is 90% of what i do

Where i would use colton however is the daily quests you get from kraken and nordr or time runs if youre into leaderboard.

Malison is an all around good pet, massive boost to all stats, dodge arcane ability and +5% crit which is awesome for those fireballs and light. I use malison for anything but time runs.

razerfingers
07-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Hmm, i bought malison for my rogue and colton for sorc. So maybe i should buy another malison? Lol.. i have 243k left and don't care much since malison slaps and looks ballin.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Cero
07-31-2013, 03:30 PM
pets gives different advantages to make it simple

Malison - An over all pet. Mainly for HP and dodge though it gives small amount of crit. if youre looking for a better survival use malison.

Colton - mainly for dmg, crit and stun.

Spyce
07-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Colton!

KingFu
07-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Colton is pure sorc stats, Mali is all around. I was debating the same thing and went with Colton. If you can only use one pet on your Sorc, get Mali for sure. He's the most effective universally. If you're not limited to one pet, I'd say get Colton since you can get other pets to serve purposes that Colton can't.

Also consider Kettle if you're willing to spend the gold. I didn't consider him until Jay pointed him out. Seems like the best of both worlds from Mali and Colt.

Xbuddyjosh
07-31-2013, 04:47 PM
^yea kettle is a very good price for only a fraction of the cost of Colton/Madison. He, instead of Malisons 20/20/20 stat bonus, is 15/15/15, yet for only 50-80k. Knowing u, just get a kettle :redface:

KingFu
07-31-2013, 04:52 PM
^yea kettle is a very good price for only a fraction of the cost of Colton/Madison. He, instead of Malisons 20/20/20 stat bonus, is 15/15/15, yet for only 50-80k. Knowing u, just get a kettle :redface:

10% damage > 5% crit.

Xbuddyjosh
07-31-2013, 04:53 PM
10% damage > 5% crit.
Mhm

Energizeric
07-31-2013, 08:06 PM
If you do pvp, get colton. More important than stats is that colton stuns constantly without even using his arcane ability. He does it with his passive attack. In this respect alone he is great. And as was said, 10% damage is a considerable amount that does not show on the stat page but is accounted for when you are in battle. I use colton all the time in pvp. I have malison and cant even remember that last time I used him for anything.

joshtheboss
07-31-2013, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all the replies another thing I've heard about Colton is that he has a short arcane ability range, is it really that bad and what other pets have the same/similar range for comparison.

Cero
07-31-2013, 11:26 PM
yea colton is realy good for dmg&crit, i can still remember how this super rich rogue one shot kill by my lightning.
he was like "omg mage so op, no chance" lol

but if we talk about survival malison gives more chance than colton.

drgrimmy
08-01-2013, 01:09 AM
I personally never use malison. Sure he is a good all around pet, but not really strong in one area and a pretty useless arcane for mages. Colton is a great offensive pet especially for pve, but be prepared for the resultant low health and squishiness that will result from using him. As others reported slag (no longer available :() and Clyde are excellent for PvP giving you a good offensive boost, a great arcane that panics the enemy and can be used after a fireball stun, and a small health boost. Orion is a great defensive pet, and in my opinion much better than malison for a mage if you want more health and defense. His abilities have nice buffs and rebuffs including 10% damage boost for the team which is a huge consideration. I personally think that malison is a pretty lame pet for a sorcerer, but I am sure many will disagree. His 20 point all around boost to stats will also mean less and less the further we level (with percentage damage boosts like from Colton, slag, Orion becoming more powerful).

Rajnikanth
08-01-2013, 11:05 AM
use wrathjaw nuff said.
malison is good for rogues only and good for defensive mage (shielded mage and int/str mage)
colton is best for offensive mage (mage having lightning skill)
i say use clyde or orion. coz its arcane ability rocks.
u can also use wrathjaw for offensive mage.

Alfai
08-01-2013, 11:17 AM
SLAG! Then u see me running for my life...