PDA

View Full Version : *suggestion* Battles are killing my funding

octavos
07-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Alrighty since there is no suggestions and feedback thread here's one. If people engage a battle with me. they should take ONLY whats in my bloody stables or pot at that moment..not my bank savings. In one battle I just had, someone win with just one star and cleaned me out of 100k.

I know you want to encourage PvP, but I don't pvp...and this really grinds my gears. So please reconsider people clearing out savings..and yes, i have a nice fort also. I like this game, really do..but some mechanics are not really encouraging if people can wipe you clean. another reward must be givin if people win..i suggest giving a reduction timer on there choice of property, or building...or even an a free improvement to a property.

Imagine if AL or Pl or even SL had this..everytime you lost it would hit you in your stash...thought id use that as an example.

Thanks for hearing me out.

:ghost:

Deadroth
07-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Exactly. Give a chance to 'non pvp' ppl :)

Shan Fu Wei
07-31-2013, 01:45 PM
I don't quite understand, isn't this game 99.5% about the PvP ? Not trying to be a jerk or tell anyone how to play the game but: I almost think it's like asking for an option to be able to hang out in a corner without getting shot in Counterstrike. You can invest in a guardian if you insist on not fighting but I think that's a price you have to pay.

Samhayne
07-31-2013, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry Octavos, but Shan Fu Wei has it correct. This game is a "build & battle" game. It is all about the PvP.

If you are sitting on a bunch of resources, I would recommend on spending it on upgrades. A lot of resources makes you a target. Basically, you want to be a less attractive target than what else that person who's looking for a battle thinks they can find.

octavos
07-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Hummm, I guess I don't see the logic between being forced to pvp..and actually haveing members take only what's on the field...not my savings. I understand that this is a pvp based system but your still not seeing what I posted as the suggestion states. I don't mind being attacked, its just how do you really expect to save for upgrades like you have stated when the upgrades cost so much to build, then your attacked and 1/2 of what you did just went out the window.. because the logic is to be attacked by the same person over and over because they can farm off you because of weak defense.

csb
07-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Make it cost more to attack you than they get. My favorite part of the game is when attackers lose money because they get nothing after wiping my village. Then they get on the forums and complain that they are "stagnating" in their development because they don't get enough resources to pay for their troops. Makes me lol :-)

octavos
07-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Make it cost more to attack you than they get. My favorite part of the game is when attackers lose money because they get nothing after wiping my village.

May I ask how you did that? that would help my problem very much :)

Rare
07-31-2013, 04:02 PM
Alrighty since there is no suggestions and feedback thread here's one. If people engage a battle with me. they should take ONLY whats in my bloody stables or pot at that moment..not my bank savings. In one battle I just had, someone win with just one star and cleaned me out of 100k.

I know you want to encourage PvP, but I don't pvp...and this really grinds my gears. So please reconsider people clearing out savings..and yes, i have a nice fort also. I like this game, really do..but some mechanics are not really encouraging if people can wipe you clean. another reward must be givin if people win..i suggest giving a reduction timer on there choice of property, or building...or even an a free improvement to a property.

Imagine if AL or Pl or even SL had this..everytime you lost it would hit you in your stash...thought id use that as an example.

Thanks for hearing me out.

:ghost:

I understand what you're saying, but its all part of the strategy.

Just an FYI, they don't even have to win to get your resources.

If you want some easy tips about staying passive, I'll PM you.

octavos
07-31-2013, 04:12 PM
I understand what you're saying, but its all part of the strategy.

Just an FYI, they don't even have to win to get your resources.

If you want some easy tips about staying passive, I'll PM you.

:) yes thank you, might help the aggravation. if not I believe my options are open....thanks again.

tarlan
07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
yeh not needed

if you don't like how it is now then don't play haha

glengon
07-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Agreed with shan Fu wei.
@octavos never leave or go offline with lots of resources unless you are confident in your defense, as people may just aim for them and don't care if they lose or win. Spend all your gold on walls.
Alternatively if you claim you're not the "Pvp type" in this pvp game, you just buy guardian everyday...or maybe leave your dragon hall outside your base and protect your hoards and corrals, if you don't mind losing trophies, but youll get free shields anyways.

Szangheili
07-31-2013, 05:25 PM
I agree with Octavos, I was a huge PvP player at the start, until I was forced to stop under some issues, but honestly, PvP gives a little too much resources. I was drained 100k of both sheep and gold by one player. Doesn't seem really fair..

Evl1312
08-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Love how that one dude is using what I said to him about some pictures that were irrelevant to the game..

Anyway put your resources behind walls and then up grade those walls. Keep stuff close to your dragons. If you need help you can read my Basic Defense Guide in the PvP section

octavos
08-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Anyway put your resources behind walls and then up grade those walls. Keep stuff close to your dragons. If you need help you can read my Basic Defense Guide in the PvP section

Cancelling generation of troops or spells now returns 40% of the invested resources (hiding resources in stopped production queues isn't free).

Now with this, I think many will have a different opinion XD. Good luck with your forts guys.

Y O L O
08-02-2013, 12:56 PM
ur lucky/ 20k is alot for me and 50k resources were stollen from my village i was like ....fudge this shnarf im out

Kaytar
08-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Thren asked me to post this text she sent me as a reply to this thread:

Even more of a reason why we need a Conversion & Exchange Systems. Please read and view the examples Cahaun has made for us. It will help out a lot. Especially since most RTS games have similar systems implemented.

octavos
08-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Thren asked me to post this text she sent me as a reply to this thread:

Even more of a reason why we need a Conversion & Exchange Systems. Please read and view the examples Cahaun has made for us. It will help out a lot. Especially since most RTS games have similar systems implemented.

Thanks kaytar, and tell thren I said hi :) yes.I read the exchange systems..and I agree whole heartedly.

Kaytar
08-04-2013, 03:21 AM
You are much welcomed. :) I told her & she says:

Miss you ma que jode! Kik me! Glad you like the ideas. Im just wondering why the devs haven't posted their thoughts on it yet. I mean its basic RTS stuff... no biggie and much needed!