PDA

View Full Version : Hauntlet angled wrong, can't play from PC properly.

Venom
08-01-2013, 12:40 AM
When you play hauntlet from a pc, you head in a slightly off direction than what its supposed to.. Its very difficult to pierce thru the bridges if you are a rogue. Please correct the angle if its possible so we can use the PC too for running hauntlet.

Devs: Please try running hauntlet using a rogue and see how difficult it is -.-

Taejo
08-01-2013, 02:45 AM
I've noticed this as well, but it's not that difficult to overcome. :) In the group I did 90 second achievement with, me and the rogue used PC. Plus isn't your timed runner's name (Affair) painted all over the LB? :P

Y O L O
08-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Or they could switch this whale face
To this: ._.

Lojack
08-01-2013, 10:22 AM
"Devs: Please try running hauntlet using a rogue and see how difficult it is "

It's not

GoodSyntax
08-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Sorry Lojack, but I kinda disagree.

Running the hauntlet as a lv15 is easy...almost borderline too easy. I can solo with my warrior in 2 minutes, no elixirs, so a rogue could challenge the 90 second mark solo.

Running the hauntlet with my capped rogue in high-end legendaries is hard. And, as others have said, the 90 second mark is effectively unattainable for capped teams, even with full mythic gear. See the following link:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?103434-90s-Hauntlet-Achievement-gt-200M-Gear&highlight=mythic+hauntlet

Now, if you are saying that overcoming the 3D isometric angle on a PC is not hard, then, yes, I agree. I have come to accept that this is simply a limitation on the PC where movement is 360 degrees, but you only have four direction control keys. The only, sort-of, issue I have is when using Shadow Piercer to run, the angles can sometime put me into walls instead of where I would like to go, but that is the price of being able to easily tap the pet arcane ability while charging a skill and moving, all at the same time.

Lojack
08-01-2013, 11:07 AM
"Now, if you are saying that overcoming the 3D isometric angle on a PC is not hard, then, yes, I agree"

The angle was the OP's issue, so that's what I was referring to.

Venom
08-01-2013, 01:58 PM
"Devs: Please try running hauntlet using a rogue and see how difficult it is "

It's not

How do you overcome the angle issue? When i pierce while running through the connecting bridge, my rogue dashes the side walls of the bridge instead of going straight.. SP wasted, 2 secs gone there. Pierce again, dashes to another side wall.

^On PC btw, its butter on my android..

Lojack
08-02-2013, 11:13 AM
The angle issue was brought up during testing, but the designers liked it that way

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't think this isn't going to change