PDA

View Full Version : How do elixirs work?

UnkemptLouie
08-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Well first I would like to say I searched it up in the forum search button, but it gave me a bunch of random results that had nothing to do with it. Also I would put this in the guides section but I'm not teaching but rather questioning.

Anyway, if I buy Thrasher Pwnage Punch (4x Combo) and get the 3x Daily Blessing elixirs, since it stacks, would it be a 7x combo elixir (since it adds) or a 12x elixir? (since it multiplies)

Suentous PO
08-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Here's some generalities , the first part is relevant.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?83291-How-elixirs-stack-with-double-XP-weekend&highlight=Elixirs+stack

Whirlzap
08-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Well first I would like to say I searched it up in the forum search button, but it gave me a bunch of random results that had nothing to do with it. Also I would put this in the guides section but I'm not teaching but rather questioning.

Anyway, if I buy Thrasher Pwnage Punch (4x Combo) and get the 3x Daily Blessing elixirs, since it stacks, would it be a 7x combo elixir (since it adds) or a 12x elixir? (since it multiplies)

It adds, but only derived from base percentages, so it's less than you think.
Instead of a simple 4x+3x=7x, TechnoEmail seems to argue the following:
4x (Thrasher) = 1 base EXP + 3 additional EXP = 4 EXP total.
3x Daily Blessing = 1 base EXP + 2 additional EXP= 3 EXP total.

However, add the two and you only get:
1 base EXP + 3 additional EXP + 2 additional EXP = 6 EXP total, which is essentially 6x EXP instead of 7x.

I know it's confusing and misleading but the 4x from Thrasher implies the total increased amount, not the percentage added.
4x takes into account base EXP, so you are actually only getting an EXTRA three times more your normal EXP, along with the base ONE time your normal EXP, making a TOTAL of four times your normal EXP.

This also applies to the 3x Daily Blessing, and thus gives a total of 6x EXP.
Also, Damage/Armor cannot stack past 3x.
Luck re-roll from those elixirs can stack up but Movement Speed cannot stack.

UnkemptLouie
08-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the link Suentous, and thanks for the detailed explanation Whirlzap! It's pretty confusing but still haha.