PDA

View Full Version : PETS: Colton vs Malison for Sorc

Rin
08-02-2013, 02:55 AM
So the general consensus from the forums is that these two are the best pets overall for sorcerers. So which one do you prefer to use for PvP / PvE / Elites. What are some pros / cons for either. Feel free to advocate other pets as the best in comments also as I understand no pet can be the very best at everything to keep the game balanced. Thank you! :)

PS This is my first post so please excuse any mistakes!
PPS I have been playing AL for the last 3 days and love it!

Level 14 Sorc (USERNAME: Aezil) << Feel free to hit me up in game and do some runs together (I want to reach 31 as soon as possible so any help is appreciated!)

Otawaazavie
08-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Colton and Clyde are the best sorcerers' pet for pve against mobs due to high dmg and mana they give via 30 int happiness bonus. Malison and kettle also good. Pvp wise slag is best and Clyde second best imo.

Valsacar
08-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Abaddon gives the most damage, Slag is the best balanced (damage and hp), Malison gives the most HP, Orion is also a great defensive/team pet. Colton used to give the most damage, until Abaddon came around.

Slag is what I use in PvP.

Temarichan
08-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Colton is a good pet for mages when full power is needed in PvE

Malison is equally as good since it improves all stats. I recommend you use it in PvE and elites.

Anymove
08-06-2013, 02:12 AM
Malison better I think.
+20 ALL stat vs +30 INT. :|
Use Malison, causes more health, crit, dodge.
Use Colton, causes big damage & DPS, bonus damage.

Hmm it depends on user's mind dude.
But I really like Malison when both PvE and PvP. :D

Otawaazavie
09-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Abaddon gives the most damage, Slag is the best balanced (damage and hp), Malison gives the most HP, Orion is also a great defensive/team pet. Colton used to give the most damage, until Abaddon came around.

Slag is what I use in PvP.

That's not true that abaddon gives the most dmg to mages. You can check the dmg your skills do when you look in skills page. Equip Colton or Clyde then check the damage of fireball for example then equip Abaddon and do the same. What you are missing here is the bonus damage Colton and Clyde give due to 30 int happiness bonus