PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 PVP Suggestion

Alfai
08-02-2013, 05:22 AM
Might as well start a new thread than hijacking others *cough

I know this might have been suggested in the past.but since so manu players are keen on throwing such challenges and STD support on the recent tourney,why not create a 1v1 arena for those who seek for a duel?you may allow spectators to enter and watch just like the current lantern borderline in arena.

This is fair for those who:
Wanting a continuation from a CTF match and want a better outcome
Holding the spot while the rest play together simply seeking for a duel but no one is responding
Wanting to flash their superior build or skills or gears for a rappo in the community
Wanting a 2nd chance of proving something to somebody

Perhaps just likr tourney we cn make a few rules upon entering i.e ni arcane pets so there wont be such complaints like being undergeared or such.enter at your own risk (just like arena)

This hopefully might lessen such rage trash talkings and mockery in a healthy match simply because a 1 or 2 people who are good atruining the fun for everyone else.no pun intended.

Cheers.

Bless
08-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Always agree with 1v1s

Sometimes you need a break from the ganging and team play in TDM and CTF

Ebezaanec
08-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Hopefully this will not make life easier for kill boosters...

Cero
08-02-2013, 06:05 AM
idk, i can see this as the best frming/boosting ground for kills.

edit: but if its a 1v1 room with a spectator sits then i would agree for this:D

love watching people pvp.

Tama Kino
08-02-2013, 07:54 AM
This is a totally awesome idea, I would be so happy if this actually comes about, with a few conditions off course, but I dont think these conditions should be something that we have to adhere to, like not being able to use pets or not using heal because if these skills and features were given to us by StS then obviously they were given to us to use them. Im meaning more along the lines of making it a fair fight - like the correct levels fighting each other & maybe making it a best out of match where if one player wins two fights then he obviously has won the competition for that duel. When going into matchmaking, after it says it has found you a challenger it offers you the chance to take on the newcomer, not giving anymore info then that because if it stated it had found you a new challenger and then it stated that it was a mage then for my level 21 warrior twink build I know I would be more then happy to accept that newcomer where as I may think twice if it was a rogue, then again maybe not. Anyway, thats just my 5 cents worth...

pockiecockie
08-02-2013, 08:56 AM
People are so worry about kills booster why dont just make it fun pvp arena 1 v 1 if u die it wont count or if u kill someone u wont get kills either so. No one have to. Worry about. Booster

Alhuntrazeck
08-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Would like to see this. Esp with a spectator mode...

Cero
08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
People are so worry about kills booster why dont just make it fun pvp arena 1 v 1 if u die it wont count or if u kill someone u wont get kills either so. No one have to. Worry about. Booster

it would be better if they do that but if they ddnt kill boosting will be the main issue.

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 05:49 PM
To make this difficult for kill famers, have the match end with 5 kills. First to 5 kills wins.

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 05:52 PM
As for the idea of not being able to heal, you got my vote but I think us mages would dominate. A rogue without med packs is a dead rogue very easy against me. :)

Cero
08-02-2013, 06:02 PM
To make this difficult for kill famers, have the match end with 5 kills. First to 5 kills wins.

at SL i farmed pvp death and got 10k deaths easy.
the 1v1 room is also 5kills to end the game.

and yes mages will own anyclass without heals.

FB stun - proc stun - slag panic - GG

Bless
08-02-2013, 06:08 PM
As for the idea of not being able to heal, you got my vote but I think us mages would dominate. A rogue without med packs is a dead rogue very easy against me. :) 1v1, no shield no heal = rogue win

Taejo
08-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Great idea. Easy solution to prevent kill farmers - just don't have any of the kills/deaths count. Or even if they don't make it as such, simply don't have a LB for the dueling arena. They can flaunt their "awesome stats" all they want.

I think this, along with the training dummies idea go hand in hand... somehow...

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 11:13 PM
1v1, no shield no heal = rogue win

Yes, but the OP never said anything about shield. Now you are taking away 2 of my 4 skills.

Yes, if a rogue has more health, more armor, hits harder, and has longer ranged attacks, the rogue would be superior in every way and would win against a mage every time. The shield is what essentially gives us more health and the 2 seconds of invulnerability which evens things out a bit. Without shield mages would be useless in pvp.

If it were possible to break down my kills and deaths to when my shield was up and when my shield was down, you would probably find a 10/1 kdr when the shield is up, and about a 1/4 kdr when the shield is down.

newzealand
08-03-2013, 12:51 AM
+1 to this love seeing warriors having 10minute+ duels its awesome

Pellan
08-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Agreed with your idea

Alfai
08-03-2013, 06:39 AM
+1 to this love seeing warriors having 10minute+ duels its awesome

Hahahahaha clearly it will draw less spectators haha

Drearivev
08-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Hahahahaha clearly it will draw less spectators haha
Lol yeah. I've seen them, it's so boring. A Warrior VS Warrior, both have high health and low damage, and on top of low damage, they have high armour so their attacks do even less lol. Then they keep healing. I tell them to stop healing but do they listen? No. The Warrior that uses heal first is the one that's going to win.

Soundlesskill
08-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Crit needs to be nerfed before such thing as a 1v1 tounry.
All pets allow, who isn't using ribbit?

Roberto077
08-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Might as well start a new thread than hijacking others *cough

I know this might have been suggested in the past.but since so manu players are keen on throwing such challenges and STD support on the recent tourney,why not create a 1v1 arena for those who seek for a duel?you may allow spectators to enter and watch just like the current lantern borderline in arena.

I lol at the auto-correct.

On a serious note, a 1v1 map would be nice or a duel mode. 1v1 does not always prove skill though. Rogues just need to hit aimed shot to win and warriors need to stun lock and use the invincibility shield. Mages just need to time their stuns correctly. Anyone who scores a penta-kill is a pro in my opinion.

Alfai
08-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I lol at the auto-correct.

On a serious note, a 1v1 map would be nice or a duel mode. 1v1 does not always prove skill though. Rogues just need to hit aimed shot to win and warriors need to stun lock and use the invincibility shield. Mages just need to time their stuns correctly. Anyone who scores a penta-kill is a pro in my opinion.

OMG thanks for pointing this out!sorry STS!

Yep its simply to answer the need to do a 1v1 with no clear productive outcome at least for me.perhaps simply for fun.