View Full Version : Trap

moot
08-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Am I stupid or trap just works 20% of the time (I know the description)?

Come on..if trap doesn't work, it doesn't even slow enemy much. Rogue just have one crowd control skill that is trap.
My guildies is like 'holy molly, thats the first time i saw that thing' when traps actually pull.

I hope dev can buff that upgrade to 100% pull enemy. It's not gonna be OP isn't it?

Temarichan
08-03-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah it's kinda disappointing.

That's why I don't put points on it. Lol

Alrisaia
08-04-2013, 08:21 AM
if it worked 100% it would be even more op than it is now ;-)

maybe you're not using it right?

katish
08-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Sorry I just don't see.. How can one use traps wrong? O.o

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

moot
08-07-2013, 05:37 AM
if it worked 100% it would be even more op than it is now ;-)

maybe you're not using it right?

When it's working, no mage smart enough to freeze those mob so they will get scattered again in seconds.

And how do I use trap wrong?
I usually wait charge trap at first and release it at our hotspot, and after that just tap it everytime the cooldown ends while spamming skills and dagger.

Alrisaia
08-08-2013, 08:10 AM
When it's working, no mage smart enough to freeze those mob so they will get scattered again in seconds.

And how do I use trap wrong?
I usually wait charge trap at first and release it at our hotspot, and after that just tap it everytime the cooldown ends while spamming skills and dagger.

1 - Educate your mages – they should know not to freeze any mobs until the mobs are within melee range of the tank and the rogue(s).
2 – There’s no benefit that I am aware of in charging a trap.
3 – Traps ‘work’ every time. The DoT will always damage mobs that are on top of it provided it deploys – thus the more mobs you can squeeze into a tight choke point the better. When it casts its ‘net’ out – that’s just bonus as it brings in ALL the mobs within range – upwards to 20 or more in some of the runs we do. I see as much red on my rogue (with much more yellow) than on my mage who is a DoT / Crowd Controller.
4 – Placement of the trap is crucial – use it to get mobs into a corner, against the environment walls, or into a choke point.
5 – Traps help during areas that you have to run through as well – lay out traps as you’re running through a map and you’re snaring mobs so they can’t keep up.

Azepeiete
08-08-2013, 08:58 PM
1 - Educate your mages – they should know not to freeze any mobs until the mobs are within melee range of the tank and the rogue(s).
2 – There’s no benefit that I am aware of in charging a trap.
3 – Traps ‘work’ every time. The DoT will always damage mobs that are on top of it provided it deploys – thus the more mobs you can squeeze into a tight choke point the better. When it casts its ‘net’ out – that’s just bonus as it brings in ALL the mobs within range – upwards to 20 or more in some of the runs we do. I see as much red on my rogue (with much more yellow) than on my mage who is a DoT / Crowd Controller.
4 – Placement of the trap is crucial – use it to get mobs into a corner, against the environment walls, or into a choke point.
5 – Traps help during areas that you have to run through as well – lay out traps as you’re running through a map and you’re snaring mobs so they can’t keep up.

Be less smart so I can come and flaunt my rogue knowledge plz.

Jk +1 all day.