PDA

View Full Version : New type of scams

Prahasit Prahi
08-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Now a days scammers are being more
and this is new type of scamming
A person says he/she sells mythic items and asks to pm him/her
when u pm him/her some price he/she says that he/she doesnt want gold bt he/she wants a low level pink item that costs around 700k-1m
and he/she says that he/she want it he/she asks u to get that in auction and trade
here the scam takes place
when u buy the low level pink junk item for around 700k-1m he/she jus leaves u and goes away and what u bought in auction the low level pink junk item is kept in auction by his/her another account with other name and he/she makes a lot of profit
this is the way he/she scams u off
u tell him/her that take gold and buy in aution bt he/she rejects and says my auction doesnt load all stupids things
jus BEAWARE

Ebezaanec
08-02-2013, 09:22 AM
This is actually an old scam that has been re-utilized by the new wave of scammers..

Prahasit Prahi
08-02-2013, 09:28 AM
This is actually an old scam that has been re-utilized by the new wave of scammers..

Oh!!!!!
I got to know about this now a days

MfKaz
08-02-2013, 09:29 AM
The way your saying it is like only Males are scammers. Some females are scammers to you know not only 'Him/He'.

Prahasit Prahi
08-02-2013, 09:33 AM
The way your saying it is like only Males are scammers. Some females are scammers to you know not only 'Him/He'.

I'm sorry i didnt really mean that
first time i'm posting this type of post so i dont know
anyways i've edited :)

Temarichan
08-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Yes. Thank you for bringing this scam up. In my stupidity, I have gotten caught in one of these scams. A low level Mage asked me to buy him a Bonechill Staff that costed over 400k in exhange for a hemmingvilla helm.

I soon found myself staring at a empty space behind me.

Sadly, I didn't catch the name to report to STS about this scam. But I soon came to realize that I probably deserve this for believing this guy wanted to exchange such a high priced item for a staff.

Luckily, my dear friend gave me the amount of gold I had lost. At the time, 300k-400k was all the gold I had. And because of this scammer, I almost thought on deleting AL because I lost all my gold, and couldn't continue to play like I used to.

Quite recently, the same low level Mage came to me and asked for an expensive item in exchange for a Hemmingvilla Armor. I refused. I told him he was the same scammer that I met before. He seemingly disappeared.

That is my story. I couldn't believe I got caught in such a simple scam. I learned my lesson the hard way.

MfKaz
08-02-2013, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry i didnt really mean that
first time i'm posting this type of post so i dont know
anyways i've edited :)

It's fine don't worry :').

rolks
08-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Keep your eyes open

xcainnblecterx
08-02-2013, 10:06 AM
Old

Prahasit Prahi
08-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Yes. Thank you for bringing this scam up. In my stupidity, I have gotten caught in one of these scams. A low level Mage asked me to buy him a Bonechill Staff that costed over 400k in exhange for a hemmingvilla helm.

I soon found myself staring at a empty space behind me.

Sadly, I didn't catch the name to report to STS about this scam. But I soon came to realize that I probably deserve this for believing this guy wanted to exchange such a high priced item for a staff.

Luckily, my dear friend gave me the amount of gold I had lost. At the time, 300k-400k was all the gold I had. And because of this scammer, I almost thought on deleting AL because I lost all my gold, and couldn't continue to play like I used to.

Quite recently, the same low level Mage came to me and asked for an expensive item in exchange for a Hemmingvilla Armor. I refused. I told him he was the same scammer that I met before. He seemingly disappeared.

That is my story. I couldn't believe I got caught in such a simple scam. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Day by day someone i'm seeing these people
mainly on paradise pier coz i actually stay lot of time in paradise pire :P

Drearivev
08-02-2013, 11:28 AM
I saw one like that too....just yesterday.
Some guy was apparently trading his leprechaun amulet for Heartseekers knives. So another guy found out about that. He sold 4 crates to me for 48k so he can buy the knives. Then when he went to the scammer, the scammer probably told him that he didn't need it or just left or something. So he spent about 65k for the knives, and the knives were probably listed by the scammer's alt.

Prahasit Prahi
08-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I saw one like that too....just yesterday.
Some guy was apparently trading his leprechaun amulet for Heartseekers knives. So another guy found out about that. He sold 4 crates to me for 48k so he can buy the knives. Then when he went to the scammer, the scammer probably told him that he didn't need it or just left or something. So he spent about 65k for the knives, and the knives were probably listed by the scammer's alt.

we can easily know....
Be careful when he asks for an item and when u check the item he asks will be only one in auction so u can find out he is scammer
Be careful

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Here's what you do.... When they ask for that item, tell them you have that exact item in your stash and that you don't need to buy it from the auction. Then walk over to your stash and act like you are taking it out. Then see what that player does. Most likely they will leave quick. If they do, keep PMing them asking what happened. They will sign off. :)

Rajnikanth
08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
i used to do it in SL (2yrs ago) bt didnt it is a scam rofl.
it is a another technique of merching.

Amythys
08-02-2013, 03:07 PM
There is a saying: You can't scam an honest man.

If you are not being greedy and trying to take advantage of someone, you will not fall victim to these scams. Do not try to merch unless you have spent the time to understand the market. Learn what things cost, sell what you farm at appropriate prices, buy when you see something that is "on sale" and you will be ok. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. :)

Rajnikanth
08-02-2013, 03:35 PM
when ppl got fooled by clever guy,
clever guy becomes scammer LOL.

ONLY and ONLY greedy ppl get scammed.

if ome gets scammed and post thread here about scam, it only proves that how greedy he is LOL

Terracio
08-02-2013, 05:54 PM

if ome gets scammed and post thread here about scam, it only proves that how greedy he is LOL

That message will lower the IQ of the reader.

Huifrei
08-02-2013, 06:59 PM
I still surprised about some lines here people saying it's sad and blablabla -_-. I don't feel any sorrow for the players who were scamed with this trick =/ Call me a bad person if you guys want, but I'm a really nice guy =) what I'm trying to say is, both are are bad! The player who does this trick and the player who fall for it. Why? Because the faller knows Mythic is more worthed and plays the scamer role with the scamer.. Lol sorry about my English. Have a nice game and please, be honest =) oh! And a good farmer =D EPITOME OF SILENTKILL <3

Zeus
08-02-2013, 07:15 PM

Loaning somebody an item so they can enjoy it for a little while is greed?

KingFu
08-02-2013, 07:19 PM

All scammers are males. Females are used to taking money from men, so they're just doing their job.

Prahasit Prahi
08-02-2013, 08:34 PM
All scammers are males. Females are used to taking money from men, so they're just doing their job.
Haha...lol

Redazack
08-02-2013, 08:42 PM

I'm a female -,-

Otawaazavie
08-02-2013, 08:54 PM

Lol nice one

Kraze
08-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Sigh one can't get scammed in these games. What happens with this scam is that it targets people's greed to buy an item they know to be worth less than the item they desired. So in a sense the people that are "victims" here are in fact guilty of attempting to take advantage of someone and pick up a pricey item far bellow market price.

Again being greedy is what leads to 99.99999999999% of these scam threads since the dawn of these forums.

Szangheili
08-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Lol very clever.. But once again, stupid ppl only fall for scams.

Insomniack
08-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Here's what you do.... When they ask for that item, tell them you have that exact item in your stash and that you don't need to buy it from the auction. Then walk over to your stash and act like you are taking it out. Then see what that player does. Most likely they will leave quick. If they do, keep PMing them asking what happened. They will sign off. :)

Absolutely the same thing I've been doing, except I have been telling them I have it "luckily" in inventory, and that "that" is their lucky day. Have seen dozens of them disappear. I tried to keep track of their main acc sellin actual items and their alts, and I sent few reports to STS, at least to take a look, but never got answer and eventually I stopped. Now I just ignore them. But it is pretty big problem, I could see this as the reason for many new players and potential great players and great community contributors to leave at their very beginnings. IMO, pretty big problem.

Prahasit Prahi
08-02-2013, 09:21 PM

Everyone is greedy 90% people :P :P

Kraze
08-02-2013, 09:30 PM

Everyone is greedy 90% people :P :P
False in the same situation most would offer to pay a fair price and tell them to go buy the item they want.

razurblade
08-02-2013, 10:31 PM
I still surprised about some lines here people saying it's sad and blablabla -_-. I don't feel any sorrow for the players who were scamed with this trick =/ Call me a bad person if you guys want, but I'm a really nice guy =) what I'm trying to say is, both are are bad! The player who does this trick and the player who fall for it. Why? Because the faller knows Mythic is more worthed and plays the scamer role with the scamer.. Lol sorry about my English. Have a nice game and please, be honest =) oh! And a good farmer =D EPITOME OF SILENTKILL <3
I agree with you 100%. if you fall for this trick its because you, yourself is trying to scam what looks like a clueless "noob". Your fault for falling for it :/

Conquered
08-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Hey Prahi,

Thanks for telling the scam thread so that we players will be lessen in experiencing Scam and also the effort to tell this from others.

-Zenxpro

Herondale
08-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Lol I find these threads hilarious.

Don't trust anyone you don't know in this game.

But regardless nice story.

Rajnikanth
08-02-2013, 11:50 PM
@apollo
can u lend me a mythic ring?
m nt greedy.

chitgoks
08-03-2013, 01:15 AM
lol yeah was caught with this one too. but i didnt lose much he still paid me gold plus that worthless pink for an egg.

after that whenever a low lvl toon shows me a mythic and tries to scam me i automatically /report thrm and tell them bye bye accnt

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Prahasit Prahi
08-03-2013, 06:49 AM
False in the same situation most would offer to pay a fair price and tell them to go buy the item they want.

No how much u offer also they will reject
u say them that u offer double the cost of the item also they will reject
they only want item

Prahasit Prahi
08-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Hey Prahi,

Thanks for telling the scam thread so that we players will be lessen in experiencing Scam and also the effort to tell this from others.

-Zenxpro

Ur welcome have a nice play!!
Be carefull

djironlung
08-03-2013, 08:49 AM

here is an uneducated remark, just because you want to live up to a" stereotype" doesn't mean it's correct or righteous, a scam is a scam and using this stereotype as a scapegoat only makes you a more horrific scammer than those who don't hide their shame. so if you think just because your female it's your job to scam then your truly evil and should rethink your standards.