PDA

View Full Version : mana leack

lolhangman
10-26-2010, 09:09 AM
hello, I m lvl 11 and when using the student's darkbolt blaster I losing mana (not much but like 2 point per second).

Could you explain me why ?

KingFu
10-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Either you're using skills or getting debuffed by enemies and having negative M/S for a short period of time causing you to loose a litte mana.

FluffNStuff
10-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Actually, ALL Mage weapons 'cost' mana to use, but most are very minimal and negated by having any m/s. Unfortunately the darkbolt blasters 'cost' a lot of mana to use, on the order of 2-3+ m/s so they are very expensive on low level characters with little regen.

KingFu
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Actually, ALL Mage weapons 'cost' mana to use, but most are very minimal and negated by having any m/s. Unfortunately the darkbolt blasters 'cost' a lot of mana to use, on the order of 2-3+ m/s so they are very expensive on low level characters with little regen.

Yeah, but it usually isn't that noticeable. I used a flaming fireblaster on my level 8 mage that I was leveling and my mana didn't tweak a bit....

lolhangman
10-26-2010, 10:03 AM
oh oki so it depends on the weapon oki, thanks a lot so I will take back my "firebolt staff" for the moment :p

FluffNStuff
10-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah, but it usually isn't that noticeable. I used a flaming fireblaster on my level 8 mage that I was leveling and my mana didn't tweak a bit....

The 1 m/s you get with 16 int completely offsets the fire weapons. It is the dark bolts that are a heavy drain on mana for low players.

Arterra
10-27-2010, 09:32 PM
thanks for the update after i sell the fire for dark... T.T so much for my second mage

Royce
10-27-2010, 09:44 PM
IMO Dark staffs are worth the mana cost (which I believe is related to the proc. For instance Ice Auto Crossbows also drain a bit of mana). They debuff armor and damage, and can really make a huge difference, especially at low levels.