PDA

View Full Version : targeting issue

lolhangman
10-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Hello all, I ve a question about the commands:

When I use the auto button then My player auto target a "monster". oki but sometime I want to target an other monster than which chosen by the "auto targetting system", how can I change the target ? (without waiting the death of the first target).

Thanks a lot

Arterra
10-26-2010, 09:48 AM
click on it :P

it IS hard to do at times though... when EVERYONE is in a giant mob lol
the problem of soloing swamps...

KingFu
10-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Like Arterra said, just click on the enemy you wish to target. At times it is a little difficult to target a specific enemy when they are in a big mob.

lolhangman
10-26-2010, 11:25 AM
ok I ve just tried and it works thanks a lot

Futumsh
10-26-2010, 01:44 PM
You can also cancel your current target by tapping yourself.

Jespo
10-26-2010, 01:46 PM

hmm i didnt know this one lol

BeardedBear
10-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I remember not knowing how to target back in the Fathom days, where it kind of mattered to pin point a boss like Dead Eyes. Would continue attacking my target, and move as close I could to boss, then attack, hopefully targeting him next.

Man, what a noob I was!

Jespo
10-26-2010, 01:57 PM
rofl this is crazy because i was the same way

Arterra
10-26-2010, 02:06 PM
i actually think tapping yourself depends... it seems to simply switch to closest target if i dont turn off auto-attack first in a melee character...

Royce
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM
i actually think tapping yourself depends... it seems to simply switch to closest target if i dont turn off auto-attack first in a melee character...

Nope tap yourself should completely untarget. I find it much more reliable in fact than selecting a new target. However, there are certainly real targeting issues in this game. Aside from the dire need for a rotate available targets button of some kind, there is a big issue with your target randomly switching to some mob, possibly a couple hallways away, and this seems to happen most frequently against bosses (possibly due to lag from skill spamming at boss encounters, but I'm not sure). Anyway, that's really annoying...

Arterra
10-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Nope tap yourself should completely untarget.

sorry royce, I meant it ALWAYS just switched to the next closest target if i do that with a melee wep, and still auto attacking. ranged is ok, but tbh i actually like that was of switching targets... for a melee character, it really works out.

personal experience.

Royce
10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
sorry royce, I meant it ALWAYS just switched to the next closest target if i do that with a melee wep, and still auto attacking. ranged is ok, but tbh i actually like that was of switching targets... for a melee character, it really works out.

personal experience.

Well that shouldn't happen ;)
It must be either a bug or a lag issue if you're seeing it. Trust me there was one patch that broke tap to target completely for a while and tapping yourself, then attacking near your intended target was the only way to change targets, so I am quite familiar with the process.

Arterra
10-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I hope it's not fixed. Closest thing we have to tabbed targeting for warriors. Devs should check it out and RECREATE IT for other weapon users lol

smoae
10-26-2010, 09:18 PM

lol just figured that one out yesterday.

Fyrce
10-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Arterra is right. Only happens with melee. Very hard with melee to remove AUTO without tapping your attack button. With my non-melee characters, AUTO just automatically goes off. With Melee, if I tap myself, it goes to the nearest or maybe next target (not quite sure which target) but it does not cancel AUTO attack and wait for me to hit the attack button again. I keep hitting myself and it keeps switching targets. Kind of neat actually because usually the next target is the one I want.

Arterra
10-27-2010, 06:40 AM
You know, that bug could he the devs solution, on a platter. If you click on yourself still on auto it moves to the next closest victim... As for when on manal, let it just be clicking yourself at all. To UNCLICK just make it that you stop auto-ing.