PDA

View Full Version : Question for a developer..... Armor

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 11:55 AM
There have been some posts about the effect armor has on damage taken, but I think we are still in the dark about actual value of a certain amount of armor. I was hoping a developer could give an actual example of this..... So below I have actual real situations...

Imagine a level 31 sorcerer in PvP. Imagine he is wearing no body armor or helm, so he has 0 armor, and he takes a critical aimed shot hit from a level 31 rogue that hits him for 3000 damage.

1) How much would that damage be reduced if he had 750 armor?

2) How much would that damage be reduced if we boosted his armor to 800?

Now imagine we have a level 31 warrior in PvP. Imagine he is wearing no body armor or helm, and he has 0 armor. He takes a critical aimed shot hit from a level 31 rogue that hits him for 3000 damage.

3) How much would that damage be reduced if he had 1500 armor?

4) How much would that damage be reduced if we boosted his armor to 1550?

I think the answers to these questions would at least give us a nice idea of how armor affects damage taken at end game. Thanks for any help you can give! :)

Haligali
08-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I would be interested that: is the aimed shot reduce armor also stacks, just like the increase of critical chance?

JaytB
08-02-2013, 12:08 PM
It would be cool to know the exact armor/Dmg reduction mechanics. Knowing those mechanics would only benefit the player.

If i remember correctly though, I think I read somewhere that you'd need more armor for a higher lvl char to have the same Dmg reduction as compared to a lower lvl char. if true, this would mean that the numbers you'd get now would change next cap.

Whatever the case may be, hopefully a dev could enlighten us all.

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
If i remember correctly though, I think I read somewhere that you'd need more armor for a higher lvl char to have the same Dmg reduction as compared to a lower lvl char. if true, this would mean that the numbers you'd get now would change next cap.

Whatever the case may be, hopefully a dev could enlighten us all.

Yes, but the percentages should remain the same. So for example, if you were to add a 1% passive boost to your armor, that 1% should translate to have the same overall effect in the next cap. I would just like to know what that 1% means at the current cap.

Because we know very little about the effect of armor, it seems that most players value armor very little. I think most players would trade half their armor for a 2% increase in damage. Amulets and Rings that add armor are worth pennies compared to amulets and rings that add damage. Even tanks seem to not care about armor very much as you see most of them using entombed hammers by choice instead of mythic sword/shield.

Taejo
08-02-2013, 12:19 PM
I appreciate this thread. Many people have asked about this since AL's release, however, the Devs always come back with the answer "We don't want to release this information". So, that being said, someone who's good with statistics (maybe GoodSyntax?) needs to do some number crunching. I still believe there's a soft cap to armor in this game, because I see no difference in damage mitigation while having 1400 armor or having 1700 armor on my warrior.

wvhills
08-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Here's what a dev already said:
"Armor works like this:

Armor Value * (Armor Modifier by level of attack mob) = Damage Reduction

This modifier goes down as the level of the attacking mob goes up, so that more armor is needed to maintain Damage Reduction as the player moves into higher level content.

This passive is a multiplier on the Armor Value, so that a small change might not have a huge impact on Damage Reduction, but the higher the base Armor Value the player has the more this passive is worth. Therefore, this passive is way more effective for a warrior is max armor than it would be for a sorcerer in medium armor.

For example:

Warrior with 980 armor at level 21 vs. Sorcerer with 500 armor at level 21.

Warrior DR w/out passive - 980*.00047619 (attacking mobs modifier) = 46.6% DR
Sorcerer DR w/out passive - 500*.00047619 = 23.8% DR

Warrior DR w 4/5 passive - (980*1.04)*.00047619 = 48.5% DR
Sorcerer DR w 4/5 passive - (500*1.04)*.00047619 = 24.7% DR

This benefit will grow as armor values get higher, which is one of the reasons why this passive will probably never go beyond its 5% increase. It would just become too powerful over time. "

I don't know how to put quote from a different thread but here's a link. It sounds pretty complicated.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79913-Known-Issue-with-Passive-Abilities&p=902866#post902866

FluffNStuff
08-02-2013, 12:27 PM
"Armor works like this:

This modifier goes down as the level of the attacking mob goes up, so that more armor is needed to maintain Damage Reduction as the player moves into higher level content.

This passive is a multiplier on the Armor Value, so that a small change might not have a huge impact on Damage Reduction, but the higher the base Armor Value the player has the more this passive is worth. Therefore, this passive is way more effective for a warrior is max armor than it would be for a sorcerer in medium armor.

For example:

This benefit will grow as armor values get higher, which is one of the reasons why this passive will probably never go beyond its 5% increase. It would just become too powerful over time. "

I don't know how to put quote from a different thread but here's a link. It sounds pretty complicated.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79913-Known-Issue-with-Passive-Abilities&p=902866#post902866

Uhh ... that's just round about math ...
Warrior DR w 4/5 passive = 1.04 * Warrior DR w/out passive
48.5% DR = 1.04 * 46.6% DR
All that equation is saying is if you block X% without, with full you will block 1.05 * X%. Easy.

Taejo
08-02-2013, 12:31 PM
it's a simple yet convoluted system that we can't explain 110% since a lot of it is behind the scenes numbers and the like we can't give away :)

^^ This is the problem, however. The above information, although useful (thank you wvhills), still doesn't explain the order of which other variables are applied: pets with +armor, buffs, debuffs (-% attack on mobs, -% armor from mobs). Also the mystery that remains: is there a soft cap value of armor and what is it?

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 12:50 PM
I just would like a level 31 end game example that I can use now to know if a certain armor increase is worth it instead of alternatively boosting another stat. That's all I'm asking for, a real world example as I explained in my original post.

Snakespeare
08-02-2013, 01:02 PM
But "level of attacking mob" is shown with a color bubble. Does anyone yet know the multipliers of the color bubbles? I'll be seeing blue at L29 in first zone of Nordr and someone will join so it goes orange. At this point, mobs hit harder and their armor improves. Do we know those values? Do they factor in here?

Kaytar
08-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Therefore, this passive is way more effective for a warrior is max armor than it would be for a sorcerer in medium armor.
Thren would like to know how the armor differs between the classes when having equivalent gear on (at the same levels). Does armor work differently for each class? If so, how? What is dmg to armor ratio when taking on dmg? How effective is armor vs health? i.e. determine whether having more hp better than having more armor or should a certain balance always be taken into account?

FluffNStuff
08-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I just would like a level 31 end game example that I can use now to know if a certain armor increase is worth it instead of alternatively boosting another stat. That's all I'm asking for, a real world example as I explained in my original post.

Just ask any of the boosting guilds to track their damage. They shoot naked toons all the time. Maybe they will even put different armor on em if you ask nice ;)

Zeus
08-02-2013, 02:01 PM
But "level of attacking mob" is shown with a color bubble. Does anyone yet know the multipliers of the color bubbles? I'll be seeing blue at L29 in first zone of Nordr and someone will join so it goes orange. At this point, mobs hit harder and their armor improves. Do we know those values? Do they factor in here?

I'm sure we could figure them out like an algebraic equation if we know all the other values as well as the formula. I'll get to testing tonight and see what I come up with.

Taejo
08-02-2013, 02:11 PM

I doubt the Devs will respond to this. It's up to the players to figure out what hasn't already been shared.

With that being said, you're asking for information that is very tedious to extract. It's not as simple as you're making it out to be - not to mention potentially impossible since we don't know all the variables and multipliers in the function (during combat). Not to be rude, but no one here can give you a great example without recording damage and crunching the numbers. This task in itself will take hours, as there is no combat log, just red numbers flying all over the place. If you want, lead us off in the right direction: Fraps your game play and crunch the numbers for a sorcerer.

EDIT: In EverQuest, it took my guild several months to figure out all of this information. Of course, we had a combat log and people with way too much time on their hands. Not to mention, Jeff Kaplan - our guild leader - who is a lead designer for MMORPGs.

Zeus
08-02-2013, 02:13 PM
I doubt the Devs will respond to this. It's up to the players to figure out what hasn't already been shared.

With that being said, you're asking for information that is very tedious to extract. It's not as simple as you're making it out to be - not to mention potentially impossible since we don't know all the variables and multipliers in the function (during combat). Not to be rude, but no one here can give you a great example without recording damage and crunching the numbers. This task in itself will take hours, as there is no combat log, just red numbers flying all over the place. If you want, lead us off in the right direction: Fraps your game play and crunch the numbers for a sorcerer.

I'll crunch the numbers for a rogue. Somebody needs to for a tank?

Taejo
08-02-2013, 02:15 PM
I'll crunch the numbers for a rogue. Somebody needs to for a tank?

I've been working with my warrior looking at numbers. I can't promise solid results - Fraps makes my FPS tank and it's difficult to play. I'll post numbers/situations here for you math wizards to decipher.

Zeus
08-02-2013, 02:18 PM
I've been working with my warrior looking at numbers. I can't promise solid results - Fraps makes my FPS tank and it's difficult to play. I'll post numbers/situations here for you math wizards to decipher.

What I'd do is find each one of those mobs like Bael II mobs in Windmore Harbor, kill everything around it except the guy that spawns in place of Bael II. Let him attack you naked & then let him attack you with armor (although I'd prefer to test this in the Nordr map, Bael II spawn location)

Taejo
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
What I'd do is find each one of those mobs like Bael II mobs in Windmore Harbor, kill everything around it except the guy that spawns in place of Bael II. Let him attack you naked & then let him attack you with armor (although I'd prefer to test this in the Nordr map, Bael II spawn location)

I have been using Arena bosses for my number gathering. Generally, when trying to get results with less variables involved, I use pets that only give me +HPs or +Armor. I can range my armor anywhere from 1300 to 1700, which should give us good results. It will take some time, though. I will try Nordr bosses as well, to make it less of a pain (no spiders, purple smoke, or pumpkins)

GoodSyntax
08-02-2013, 02:32 PM
"Armor works like this:

For example:

This would explain why there is a negligible difference in damage reduction when going from 1500 armor to 1550.

How STS derived these multipliers are a mystery, but for sake of this argument, lets say a mob hits at 1000 and offers an armor multiplier of 0.00047619 (as cited in this example).

Here are the damage incurred values after armor reduction given 1500 armor vs. 1550 armor:

Formula
Armor * Multiplier = Damage Reduction Value

1500 Armor
1500 * 0.00047619 = 0.714285

So, in this example, damage is reduced by 71.4285%, or alternatively, the damage you receive will be 28.5715%

1000 Damage * 0.285715 (the percentage of damage that will affect your HP) = 285.715

1550 Armor
1550 * 0.00047619 = 0.7380945

In this example, damage is reduced by 73.80945%, implying that you will receive 26.19055%.

1000 Damage * 0.2619055 = 261.9055

Comparing these two values, we can derive that +50 armor will save you an additional 23.8 HP when attacked. For a Warrior with 4,500 HP, this equates to about 0.5% of their total HP value when going with the higher armor; hence the reason why so many think that there is a soft cap. For sake of comparison, if you compare 100 armor vs 200, with an HP pool of 1,000, you save 47.619 HP, saving 4.76% of your overall HP, so that is more visible than the difference between 1500 and 1550 armor and an HP pool of 4500. It's not so much of a cap, but rather diminishing returns.

Now, I hate math as much as the next guy, so I created a Google Doc's Spreadsheet to illustrate these figures.

DAMAGE MITIGATION SPREADSHEET (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar58yd4l_Py4dFZlcDA1eVlFN0p1bUZmeVJOQWhqd lE&usp=sharing)

Feel free to play with the DMG, Multiplier and Total HP values.

Disclaimer - I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. I may be out to lunch on this one as far as the assumptions I made and the calculations I used. This is for entertainment purposes only!

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 03:09 PM
I am more interested in this with regard to pvp than for pve. In pvp we can know the stats and level of the attacker. I'm basically trying to figure out how much armor is needed to be gained to make it worthwhile to trade some damage for armor. Also if some health can be traded for armor, how much health is worth how much armor.

Energizeric
08-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Btw, those calculations are incorrect. The developer said in that post that the multiplier changes as your level changes. No level 21 player has 1500 armor.

GoodSyntax
08-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Btw, those calculations are incorrect. The developer said in that post that the multiplier changes as your level changes. No level 21 player has 1500 armor.

That's exactly the reason why I left the DMG, Multiplier and Total HP fields editable.

This way, you can tinker with the values by sliding around the multiplier and DMG levels and the rest of the spreadsheet will auto-update.

FluffNStuff
08-03-2013, 04:53 PM
I have figured out the basic PvE equation for armor when both parties are the same level. I am not sure if this changes when there is a difference, so will be investigating that then posting a new thread with all information. In the meantime, I can answer the original question:
Class does not matter, and damage does not matter, it is a percentage:
If both are LEVEL 31, PvE (PvP ~could~ be different):
750 = 24.1935%
800 = 25.8065%
1500 = 48.3871%
1550 = 50.0000%

JaytB
08-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I have figured out the basic PvE equation for armor when both parties are the same level. I am not sure if this changes when there is a difference, so will be investigating that then posting a new thread with all information. In the meantime, I can answer the original question:
750= 24.1935%
800 = 25.8065%
1500= 48.3871%
1550 = 50.0000%

Dmg reduction= 0.032258 x armor.

Very interesting to know. Did it take a lot of testing to figure out?

FluffNStuff
08-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Dmg reduction= 0.032258 x armor.

Very interesting to know. Did it take a lot of testing to figure out?

That is just at 31, and it was a combination of testing and a duh moment looking at what the dev posted. (Hint, flip that number ;) )

Energizeric
08-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Fluff, from your calculations, it appears that at our current health levels for a rogue or sorcerer (approximately 3k), an armor increase is about equal to the same health increase. 50 extra armor will save you about 50 extra health. At least that confirms what everyone was thinking, is that armor is not so useful at this point in time.

FluffNStuff
08-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Fluff, from your calculations, it appears that at our current health levels for a rogue or sorcerer (approximately 3k), an armor increase is about equal to the same health increase. 50 extra armor will save you about 50 extra health. At least that confirms what everyone was thinking, is that armor is not so useful at this point in time.

Ignoring calculations for a second, you also have to keep in mind that armor works per hit and health works per fill up. So assuming a certain amount is equal for one shot does not make them equal in a battle unless you go COMPLETELY FULL after every single hit.

GoodSyntax
08-03-2013, 06:41 PM
It's about time that we as a collective decided to try to crack this mystery.

TY to everyone for all the evidence! It seems that the "feeling" from many of us has been vetted and proven to be true.

Awesome work!

Energizeric
08-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Ignoring calculations for a second, you also have to keep in mind that armor works per hit and health works per fill up. So assuming a certain amount is equal for one shot does not make them equal in a battle unless you go COMPLETELY FULL after every single hit.

I wasn't figuring per hit, but per full health amount..... If you take your calculations a step further, if you have 3000 health and you get hit for 3000 damage, then having the extra 50 armor will lower than damage by about 50. So effectively you would take a hit of 2950, leaving you with 50 health. This is the same as if you had 50 extra health instead of the extra armor, as you would still be left with 50 health. Yes there are minor differences between the 2 situations, but in general they are pretty similar.

JaytB
08-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I wasn't figuring per hit, but per full health amount..... If you take your calculations a step further, if you have 3000 health and you get hit for 3000 damage, then having the extra 50 armor will lower than damage by about 50. So effectively you would take a hit of 2950, leaving you with 50 health. This is the same as if you had 50 extra health instead of the extra armor, as you would still be left with 50 health. Yes there are minor differences between the 2 situations, but in general they are pretty similar.

The only difference, neglecting those minor differences, is that if 3 enemies attack you at once, 50 armor would become 150 health. Not that I think you'd be alive in PvP after that, but for PvE mob clearing there would be a lot of dmg reduction going on making armor> hp at first sight.

I have to say I didn't expect that 1 armor would more or less be 1 HP.

Energizeric
08-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Yes, if you take 9k in damage then the extra armor would block 150 damage. But then you would be dead so it wouldn't matter. It's only relevant how much damage it blocks from 3k damage inflicted, because any more than that and you would be dead. And according to Fluff's calculations, it would block approximately 50 points of damage from a 3k damage hit (or some combination of hits totaling 3k in damage).

Taejo
08-03-2013, 07:55 PM
It's about time that we as a collective decided to try to crack this mystery.

TY to everyone for all the evidence! It seems that the "feeling" from many of us has been vetted and proven to be true.

Awesome work!

Agreed. This changes my prospects on how I will build my warrior in Season 5. Thank you everyone!

JaytB
08-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Yes, if you take 9k in damage then the extra armor would block 150 damage. But then you would be dead so it wouldn't matter. It's only relevant how much damage it blocks from 3k damage inflicted, because any more than that and you would be dead. And according to Fluff's calculations, it would block approximately 50 points of damage from a 3k damage hit (or some combination of hits totaling 3k in damage).

I meant for PvE, those health pots sure come in handy, especially if there would be less dmg for me to heal with them.

Energizeric
08-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I meant for PvE, those health pots sure come in handy, especially if there would be less dmg for me to heal with them.

Good point, I was thinking PvP. So then you have a fair point, the armor is better than the health, but just by a little bit. For PvP I would say they are equal.

What I would really like to know is what influences health and mana regen. In PL we were able to see those stats and different gear made differences in those numbers. Here in AL it seems like regen is the forgotten stat. In seasons 1 & 2 when health and mana numbers were much lower, I used to really notice when I had a pet like Flap Jack who added +8 health & mana regen. Now I barely notice regen.

Taejo
08-04-2013, 09:26 PM
750 = 24.1935%
800 = 25.8065%
1500 = 48.3871%
1550 = 50.0000%

I'm not very proficient at math, but I can compare stats pretty well :). I was testing the difference between Koko (+80 armor) and Shiloh (+4% damage reduction) for a sorc. I noticed a slightly greater amount of damage mitigation with Shiloh. Here are my numbers:

748 armor + Koko = 828 armor = 26.71% (rounded) damage reduction
748 armor + Shiloh = 28.13% (rounded) damage reduction

Getting hit on average for 150 damage with Koko.
Getting hit on average for 147 damage with Shiloh.

I did this test simply to see for myself how accurate your numbers are. Looks good to me, so far.

EDIT: Am I correct when saying that Shiloh's 4% damage reduction is roughly equal to +125 armor? That being said, the Devs mentioned upon Abaddon's release that 'low level characters will see a huge amount of damage reduction while using Abaddon, but it slowly decreases as you level up'. This means that 0.032258 is the multiplier for L31, and increases as the level goes down to L1 - right? At L31, Abaddon gives +3.54838% dmg reduction based on your numbers above; and at L36 he will give less.

GoodSyntax
08-05-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm not very proficient at math, but I can compare stats pretty well :). I was testing the difference between Koko (+80 armor) and Shiloh (+4% damage reduction) for a sorc. I noticed a slightly greater amount of damage mitigation with Shiloh. Here are my numbers:

I did this test simply to see for myself how accurate your numbers are. Looks good to me, so far.

EDIT: Am I correct when saying that Shiloh's 4% damage reduction is roughly equal to +125 armor? That being said, the Devs mentioned upon Abaddon's release that 'low level characters will see a huge amount of damage reduction while using Abaddon, but it slowly decreases as you level up'. This means that 0.032258 is the multiplier for L31, and increases as the level goes down to L1 - right? At L31, Abaddon gives +3.54838% dmg reduction based on your numbers above; and at L36 he will give less.

Not necessarily.....correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that damage reduction (i.e., the 4% from Shiloh) takes place BEFORE armor calculation. So, as your armor scales up, the overall damage mitigation is actually greater than 4%. In the case of 3000 DMG with 1500 armor, the net damage mitigation from Shiloh is more like 6%:

3000 DMG * 0.96 (reduction of 4%) = 2820.

2820 DMG with the same 0.00047619 multiplier yields 671.43072 inflicted damage
3000 DMG with the same 0.00047619 multiplier yields 714.288 inflicted damage

Net difference with 4% damage reduction is actually 6.383% inflicted damage reduction in this example.

As with all % based pets, as you increase in level, the overall benefit improves.

Again, I could be totally off-base on this.

FluffNStuff
08-05-2013, 10:21 AM

You are correct about abaddon, based on current tests (I have a ton of other numbers, still trying to sort the equation out) he would block 11% at level 10. I was wondering if you would run a test for me since I do not have Shiloh. Could you test what his damage reduction is with ZERO armor? I assume it is 4% but I am curious to see if it is different. That would help put it in a different part of the equation.

Taejo
08-05-2013, 11:30 AM
I didn't have a lot of time to data collect, so I will do 50-100 hits tomorrow and edit this post with that data. So far here's what I have:

Warrior testing of 20 hits (no crits)

0 armor, no pet:

83, 76, 93, 76, 85, 77, 80, 85, 77, 93, 79, 93, 81, 78, 85, 81, 85, 82, 86, 90 = 83.25 avg dmg

0 armor, Shiloh:

83, 80, 74, 75, 82, 86, 78, 76, 89, 85, 76, 73, 74, 85, 85, 79, 80, 73, 74, 79 = 79.3 avg dmg

0.0395 * 83.25 = 3.288375% dmg reduction

General observation: the threshold of maximum dmg taken went down from 93 to 89.

His damage reduction is 4%, so this is close, but not 100%. I will also try with 1600 armor with/without Shiloh to see if armor is needed as a modifier for pets with +% damage reduction, to verify what GoodSyntax is saying.

-----

EDIT 1:

Sorc testing of 50 hits (no crits)

0 armor, no pet = 84.76 avg dmg

0 armor, Shiloh = 82.18 avg dmg

0.0258 * 84.76 = 2.186808% dmg reduction

General observation: the threshold of maximum dmg taken went down from 93 to 90.

-----

EDIT 2:

748 armor, no pet = 65.12 avg dmg (+16.646864% dmg reduction from above 0 armor, no pet scenario)

748 armor, Shiloh = 53.92 avg dmg (+23.224068% dmg reduction from above 0 armor, Shiloh scenario)

0.112 * 65.12 = 7.29344% dmg reduction

General observation: the threshold of maximum dmg taken went down from 72 to 69.

-----

EDIT 3:

My numbers are starting to not make any sense :/. The above scenarios were testing against the Evil King in the King Dude Ditty quest. So if I did that wrong, please tell me a better mob to test it against.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-05-2013, 11:48 AM
too.... much.... numbers....

FluffNStuff
08-06-2013, 11:04 AM
I didn't have a lot of time to data collect, so I will do 50-100 hits tomorrow and edit this post with that data. So far here's what I have:

Warrior testing of 20 hits (no crits)

0 armor, no pet:

83, 76, 93, 76, 85, 77, 80, 85, 77, 93, 79, 93, 81, 78, 85, 81, 85, 82, 86, 90 = 83.25 avg dmg

0 armor, Shiloh:

83, 80, 74, 75, 82, 86, 78, 76, 89, 85, 76, 73, 74, 85, 85, 79, 80, 73, 74, 79 = 79.3 avg dmg

0.0395 * 83.25 = 3.288375% dmg reduction

General observation: the threshold of maximum dmg taken went down from 93 to 89.

His damage reduction is 4%, so this is close, but not 100%. I will also try with 1600 armor with/without Shiloh to see if armor is needed as a modifier for pets with +% damage reduction, to verify what GoodSyntax is saying.

-----

EDIT 1:

0 armor, no pet = 84.76 avg dmg

0 armor, Shiloh = 82.18 avg dmg

0.0258 * 84.76 = 2.186808% dmg reduction

General observation: the threshold of maximum dmg taken went down from 93 to 90.

-----

EDIT 2:

748 armor, no pet = 65.12 avg dmg (+16.646864% dmg reduction from above 0 armor, no pet scenario)

748 armor, Shiloh = 53.92 avg dmg (+23.224068% dmg reduction from above 0 armor, Shiloh scenario)

0.112 * 65.12 = 7.29344% dmg reduction

General observation: the threshold of maximum dmg taken went down from 72 to 69.

-----

EDIT 3:

My numbers are starting to not make any sense :/. The above scenarios were testing against the Evil King in the King Dude Ditty quest. So if I did that wrong, please tell me a better mob to test it against.

Numbers are good, just got mixed up on calculation (Should be damage difference / Original damage) so you get a 23% damage reduction from the 748 armor, same as you had before so must have just put them down quick. Anyway, got another test I was hoping you could run (Is Shiloh the only %damage reduction pet at 4% or higher or is there one that is under 220K?) Would you be able to do a test in a lower level, naked probably best, since the idea is for it to be as low as possible for you to be able to see a 4% reduction when you add in Shiloh. The purpose for this is when a lower mob attacks their damage is scaled based on level. What I am trying to figure out is if the 4% is of the damage you see after that happens, or if it turns out to be higher then 4% which means it is the original damage the mob put out.

Taejo
08-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Numbers are good, just got mixed up on calculation (Should be damage difference / Original damage) so you get a 23% damage reduction from the 748 armor, same as you had before so must have just put them down quick. Anyway, got another test I was hoping you could run (Is Shiloh the only %damage reduction pet at 4% or higher or is there one that is under 220K?) Would you be able to do a test in a lower level, naked probably best, since the idea is for it to be as low as possible for you to be able to see a 4% reduction when you add in Shiloh. The purpose for this is when a lower mob attacks their damage is scaled based on level. What I am trying to figure out is if the 4% is of the damage you see after that happens, or if it turns out to be higher then 4% which means it is the original damage the mob put out.

Ok, thanks for checking my work. Below are the only pets available in game with a % of damage reduction in their happiness buff.

Shiloh - 4%
Ripmaw - 3%
Orion - 2%
Snaggle - 2%
Nexus - 1%
Chase - 1%
Jack - 1%

I have a level 15 character, but he has none of the pets above - especially Shiloh. I'm not sure I'd be able to do the test you're asking, unless you want me to use Chase who has +1%. Those numbers would be difficult to decipher, however.

FluffNStuff
08-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Ok, thanks for checking my work. Below are the only pets available in game with a % of damage reduction in their happiness buff.

Shiloh - 4%
Ripmaw - 3%
Orion - 2%
Snaggle - 2%
Nexus - 1%
Chase - 1%
Jack - 1%

I have a level 15 character, but he has none of the pets above - especially Shiloh. I'm not sure I'd be able to do the test you're asking, unless you want me to use Chase who has +1%. Those numbers would be difficult to decipher, however.

No problem, I picked up Dart and his arcane does 10% for 5 seconds. Even that is tricky to see at low levels (testing with a level 31 in earlier campaigns). Every new data I get just makes this worse! I tell you, it is either extremely complicated, or more likely, extremely simple.

Taejo
08-06-2013, 03:17 PM
No problem, I picked up Dart and his arcane does 10% for 5 seconds. Even that is tricky to see at low levels (testing with a level 31 in earlier campaigns). Every new data I get just makes this worse! I tell you, it is either extremely complicated, or more likely, extremely simple.

Ah right, forgot about Dart's arcane. Ironic because I started using him in Arena to test it out. Maybe I misread your post - you want a L31 to venture through lower levels or a lower level to fight an equal level mob?