PDA

View Full Version : New Arena Achievement "Safety First"

Taejo
08-02-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm sure I'll be slammed for this thread by some of the community, but someone needs to say it:

As an Arena "junkie", I've enjoyed the challenges and rewards it offers to end-game players. When the new Arena achievement was announced yesterday, let's just say I was beyond thrilled to have something new to conquer. However, literally 5 minutes later, the new achievement was completed.

I really appreciate the creativeness of this new addition to the Arena. Honestly, the new environmental hurdle "proximity curse" does pose a significant threat to even experienced Arena-dwellers - but this is only the case with certain bosses. When I accomplished my achievement it was against Glob who is, in my opinion, the most trivial encounter (omit Challenger) in the Arena. What I think should have been detailed into the "Safety First" achievement is a boss-specific measure, where you must fight a single boss or group of specific bosses while enduring the proximity curse - much like the achievements already introduced (Shark Bouncer, Neighborhood Spider and Happy Halloween).

After running the Arena for about 2 hours last night, I concluded that the more difficult fights while having the proximity curse are: Bloodhammer (of course, right?), Mardrom (because he knocks you back often), and Rutger (because his illusion clones can go haywire). Mother can also be difficult if she web-pulls you across another player, colliding rings.

I know it's too late to change the requirements of the achievement, simply because you'll get an angry mob of people on the forums much worse than when Bael was a "free ride" prior to being fixed. However, please take this feedback into consideration when developing the next Arena challenges and introducing new achievements therein. As we all know, the pinnacle of the Arena's difficulty level comes with having to defeat certain bosses while fending off different environmental challenges. The first three achievements introduced with the Arena's induction are very challenging and there's still players who don't have them all accomplished. The "Safety First" achievement, albeit being very creative and fun to play with, is entirely too easy and should have been tied to certain boss fights that augment the difficulty of this environmental hurdle.

Nonetheless, thank you for the update! Mother can be a pain to fight, but it's nice to see a new face. Now I'm waiting for a troll to enter the Arena to further challenge and frustrate me... :)

EDIT: grammar and additional words

Soundlesskill
08-02-2013, 01:30 PM
I got the new achiv in my first solo run LOL

Taejo
08-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Right, and this is certainly a way to complete the achievement. But I think we can all agree that soloing rogues are the minority of people who run Arena. Thanks for the input!

Soundlesskill
08-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I didn't mean it offensive o.o just it was THAT easy :s