PDA

View Full Version : Pet Feedin Price

Soundlesskill
08-02-2013, 11:53 PM
We're probably gonna hit 1k for pet feeding at a near cap.... That is just wayy too much.. Seriously .-.
I'd like some feedback on this

Kraze
08-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Get more pets problem solved

Soundlesskill
08-02-2013, 11:59 PM
I have 43 pets.

Natrich
08-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Pet feeding price is just simple math.

If you don't play with your pet for an hour and have autofeed on, it is:
Pet Lv x 100 = price/hr

Soundlesskill
08-03-2013, 01:34 AM
Pet feeding price is just simple math.

If you don't play with your pet for an hour and have autofeed on, it is:
Pet Lv x 100 = price/hr

How can tou now use your pet while having autofeed on..

Natrich
08-03-2013, 02:19 AM
How can tou now use your pet while having autofeed on..

As in, don't press play on the pet

Soundlesskill
08-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Not making sense... Thee is no play button o.o

Kraze
08-03-2013, 03:10 AM
I have 43 pets.
Well simple then if you have 43 pets you never need to feed them

Deadroth
08-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Kraze You don't help Vxy..

The problem is, the pet feeding price is too high EVEN if you play swiching Your pets.

I suggest to make "recover it's happines" in guild hall to full in 1 min? Who agree?

Soundlesskill
08-03-2013, 04:54 AM

Well i only have 43 pets because of APs. I only use 1 pet in pvp. So i plan on feeding it. I just 2 pets in farming (i never farm anyways) so you see how I'm getting ripped?

gison
08-03-2013, 05:07 AM
Then keep it at L1.

Soundlesskill
08-03-2013, 05:10 AM
Then keep it at L1.

No dmg.. Pet dmg is kind of a huge thing you know.

Valsacar
08-03-2013, 07:44 AM
I normally use one pet, rarely switch, autofeed is on, never been a problem. I haven't even noticed it, perhaps you just need to gather up a little gold? Perhaps farm a little, you'll gather enough gold to feed the pet quick enough.

Soundlesskill
08-03-2013, 08:47 AM
-_-
Farm... Farm... Wooo dropped a crate! 14k 14 feeds later. fck

Besides i hate farming -.-

ZeroGh
08-03-2013, 10:17 AM
this really ridiculous .. vxy is talking abt pet feeding and u players just came here .. read the post .. nd tried to be smart !!! as Deadroth said if pets recover at guild hall instead of waiting for hours (not feeding) ... it may be a good step in saving some gold .... although sts will not consider this cuz of Twinks that the only purpose for them in this game is to farm themselves in CTF room nd in TDM (some may have only few pets to use = not clicking auto-feed is not an option)

my point is maybe they can increase the period until next feed instead of lowering gold amount to feed pet !

Taejo
08-03-2013, 01:45 PM
I appreciate this thread. I'd like to provide my perspective on the matter:

1) I agree, pets can be very expensive to maintain. Keep in consideration that owning a mythic/arcane pet gives players an obvious advantage over NPCs in PvE and other players in PvP. That's the price you have to pay for owning the best pets, in my opinion. However, I do think that the diminishing happiness of all rarities of pets needs to be increased a little.

2) Paying for pots on top of feeding pets can make farming rather expensive - especially if luck isn't on your side some days. Let's all be glad that we don't have to pay for armor repairs as well! I think the more reasonable solution to this problem, rather than lowering the cost of potions and pet feedings, is to simply increase gold drops in maps, especially elite maps. Also, keep in mind that daily quests are around for a reason - to help pay for your daily expenses. You need to do these! Monkey Ball, Aegir Island, and Miner Problem are three very quick daily quests that net 1,750 gold. This game needs more quests like these, however.

3) I feel that the obligated expenses of owning a pet only foster motivation in players to learn to use more than just one pet. I am a huge advocate of using 'underrated' pets for PvE. There are many fantastic pets within your grasp to add to your arsenal. Don't undermine the pets you don't use just because they don't have "the best stats" at first glance. Learn what each pet does, both passively and via it's arcane ability, before judging it. Guess what? Recently I started using Dart in the Arena - that's right, Dart :). See Gluttony's pet guide for more details on pets.

-_-
Farm... Farm... Wooo dropped a crate! 14k 14 feeds later. fck

Besides i hate farming -.-

MMORPG is a very demanding genre of gaming. These types of games often seem like they incorporate "second jobs" within them, i.e. farming gold to pay a pet. I'm sorry to say it like this, but if you don't enjoy accruing currency to maintain a powerful status within the game, then perhaps MMORPGs are not right for you. AL takes a high level of commitment to "stay the best". I'm sure you know this quite well, though.

IronMonkey
08-03-2013, 07:44 PM

I only play a few select pets even though I have plenty. These escalating pet feeds are affecting my net worth. Now, crates = gold = pet feeds.

gison
08-03-2013, 11:10 PM
No dmg.. Pet dmg is kind of a huge thing you know.

Lol then that's your choice, either pay 1k gold or have no damage.

You have 43 pets, and you only use 3/43. So the rest are useless. :)

Ebezaanec
08-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Maybe they should increase the gold you receive from liquidating useless drops. In PL, most endgame drops can be liquidated for about 100 gold, which may not be a lot, but it helps with many fees.

Commons, greens, epics: 6-7 gold -.-

Soundlesskill
08-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Omg am I the only one using 1 pet in pvp .-. It has to be fed somehow :s

abihakim
08-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Rotate them out

Rajnikanth
08-04-2013, 08:39 AM
do pvp for 15mins and take some rest for 1hr

Soundlesskill
08-04-2013, 11:33 AM
do pvp for 15mins and take some rest for 1hr

Lol

ZeroGh
08-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Omg am I the only one using 1 pet in pvp .-. It has to be fed somehow :s

i only use malison for pvp

Cero
08-06-2013, 01:15 AM
15mins is the total time when you need to feed pet.
it would be nice if pet gains like seconds or mins of happiness per kill in pvp.

Anymove
08-06-2013, 02:00 AM
I suggested to make a pet playground so they won't sad when hungry.

Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo
08-06-2013, 02:22 AM
just shuffle.

Jexetta
08-06-2013, 06:25 AM
As a rogue in pve and pvp I normally shuffle through at least 10 pets. For pvp I typically use :

Slag, Malison, Jack, Nexus, Colton, Loki, Misty(I think I might be the only one who uses Misty still), Vixen, Ribbit, and Kettle. That's 2-1/2 hours of pvp time without feeding. Every 15 minutes about you can play with each pet to add about 3 minutes of happiness too.

For pve I just add in Talon or Abaddon or level a random pet.

Last level cap in pvp when that was all I EVER did I almost only used kettle at level 1 - which is barely any cash at all on autofeed and you'll probably do more damage with Kettle anyways even at level 1. The argument that pets do passive damage is true, I'm not going to argue it isn't important, but I will also argue it is probably the least important for bow rogues. I never had a problem running a level 1 pet in pvp. If there was a big guild vs guild battle sure - I'll feed my best pet for the situation, random pick up pvp groups probably not. Passive pet damage is really the most important for warriors who get up close in pvp. I guess I'm trying to get at that I really don't have a disagreement with the pet feed cost. If the pet feed cost was lower I would have just ended up using 1 pet all the time too without thinking about trying other setups. The cost of feeding pets encourages you to try other pets and not just rely on a single one. Using only one pet is a bit boring anyways and becoming overly reliant on a single one I think is not really the theme of the game - it's fun to use all the pets and of course as a game developer sts wants to encourage people to "try them all". It really doesn't take that much to feed a pet anyways - 1 luck elixer from Klaas you should get at least 2 crates out of it which is 30,000 gold and crate prices are relatively low right now. 30k gold is 40 times clicking a level 30 pet feed or 10 hours of pet play time - is that really not enough? Rotate your pets!

Soundlesskill
08-06-2013, 06:32 AM
-.-

ZeroGh
08-06-2013, 08:28 AM
15mins is the total time when you need to feed pet.
it would be nice if pet gains like seconds or mins of happiness per kill in pvp.

i agree

BloodStar
08-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah pet feed cost to much and I only really like one pet and that's my wraith. Be nice if I didn't had to feed him every 5mins I wouldn't mind if they slow down their hunger bar

Natrich
08-10-2013, 04:56 PM
Feeding is every 15 minutes, not every 5

BloodStar
08-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Still not that long is the point that I'm making

ZeroGh
08-18-2013, 07:00 AM
I suggested to make a pet playground so they won't sad when hungry.

it doesn't make sense .. -1

ZeroGh
08-18-2013, 07:03 AM
just shuffle.

LoL ...

ZeroGh
08-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Kraze You don't help Vxy..

The problem is, the pet feeding price is too high EVEN if you play swiching Your pets.

I suggest to make "recover it's happines" in guild hall to full in 1 min? Who agree?

-1 ... when u in a middle of a fight (pvp) nd ur pet is down ...u cant go gh to restore happiness

ZeroGh
08-18-2013, 07:11 AM
i hope sts considers cero's suggestion(pet gains like seconds or mins of happiness per kill in pvp) ....

*THEY MUST FIX PVP SYSTEM*

bramer
08-19-2013, 07:01 AM
Or they could just make it so you could refill your pets happiness meter for plat .-.

This is bramer - signing out

trollerunite
08-31-2013, 10:25 AM
i got ribbit of lvl 34 it to be feed i have spend 850 gold ever time ,developers need to look it into

dizzzzzzzzz
08-31-2013, 04:46 PM
i hate this pet feeding system in pvp, for low levels its not yet that bad, but for 20+ it gets sick since they ask for like 500gold just to feed my pet for a short time since in ctf pets get hungry really fast, and theres no point wasting cash, pvp should gives gold rewards in some ways (add staked duels) or gold rewards per kills, since pvp is a waste of gold

Wutzgood
08-31-2013, 10:12 PM
I've never fed my pets. I just keep switching. I don't play pvp though since I'm always farming.

Vseius
09-01-2013, 02:13 AM
i hate this pet feeding system in pvp, for low levels its not yet that bad, but for 20+ it gets sick since they ask for like 500gold just to feed my pet for a short time since in ctf pets get hungry really fast, and theres no point wasting cash, pvp should gives gold rewards in some ways (add staked duels) or gold rewards per kills, since pvp is a waste of gold

True

Vseius
09-01-2013, 02:13 AM
I've never fed my pets. I just keep switching. I don't play pvp though since I'm always farming.

Lol hahaha dude we are same

Maunyabastian
09-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Good that you only a L20.
My L35 (still working onto L36) has 13 L35 pets, and costs me more than 5k per day.
15 minutes is a short time so IMO make them last longer, and add some kind like pet playground where they can interact each other (our pets with players' pets) and not feeling lonely when they're dismissed, so they can be happy all day.
That would be completely great.

Alhuntrazeck
09-04-2013, 07:19 AM
I think cero's is the best idea so far. every kill in PvP could increase happiness by a little...but then again this would be best for the rogues.

Good that you only a L20.
My L35 (still working onto L36) has 13 L35 pets, and costs me more than 5k per day.
15 minutes is a short time so IMO make them last longer, and add some kind like pet playground where they can interact each other (our pets with players' pets) and not feeling lonely when they're dismissed, so they can be happy all day.
That would be completely great.
You leveled all those pets while grinding to 36? I plan to have just one capped pet (my Mali), and let the others remain at lower levels.

keikali
09-04-2013, 07:57 AM
I have about 7 now on my main after I acquired Haze and Valkin. I might get ethyl to make it 8 soon too!

Only my Clyde is capped atm, a majority of the ones I use are 32+, Haze and Valkin are inching near the 30's soon.

Soundlesskill
09-15-2013, 10:36 AM
UPDATE

So I've capped a few of my pets already and the feeding price is now 900 Gold to feed.

I dont know about you, but that is outrageous

I do more elite now days than PvP, I switch my pets frequently, but they all seem to starve anyways so I'll have to feed them. It's really making me go Bankrupt

Erdnase
09-16-2013, 11:37 AM
I see happiness like mana, when u run out u can only do main attack. The difference is that mana capacity increases as u lvl up. If the happiness capacity increased as well it would even out the increased price for feeding.

Soundlesskill
09-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I see happiness like mana, when u run out u can only do main attack. The difference is that mana capacity increases as u lvl up. If the happiness capacity increased as well it would even out the increased priced for feeding.

Mana didnt increase for rouges pff

Giuewek
09-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Lol no mana capacity doesnt increase when you level up..only if u get new items which have increased mana in stats..

Erdnase
09-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Lol no mana capacity doesnt increase when you level up..only if u get new items which have increased mana in stats..

Well my wording may not be the most accurate, but my point was that an average lvl 1 geared char will have less mana then an average 36 geared char. It may all be caused from the gear (not for an average mage tho) but that wasnt the point, its just that mana CAN (and for the most part does) increase as u lvl. Yet, the whole reference to mana wasnt the real point anyway, i was just suggesting it would make since for the happiness capacity to increase as a pet lvled.

Soundlesskill
09-16-2013, 03:08 PM
I like the idea Erd.

Like you lvl it up and from every lvl the pet will r able to last 5min more in combat than average