PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on pve build

alexanderhate
08-03-2013, 12:26 AM
Lighting/ice/time/shield for elite runs. My setup has a 25 percent crit hit. Thoughts?

Thanks!

JaytB
08-03-2013, 12:45 AM
You're missing out on fireball and Gale for maximum AoE dmg. Shield is totally unnecessary with decent gear and lightning is only really good for boss fights (in which you'd benefit way more from having a rogue in your group).

Alhuntrazeck
08-05-2013, 02:57 AM
You're missing out on fireball and Gale for maximum AoE dmg. Shield is totally unnecessary with decent gear and lightning is only really good for boss fights (in which you'd benefit way more from having a rogue in your group).

^Shield is useful in those spots where you have to run to the boss. Other than that its pretty much tosh.

Gesaffelstein
08-05-2013, 03:11 AM
Shield is useful when playing without a tank. Anyway, I'd switch out lightning for fireball as fireball is an amazing AoE DoT stun skill.

xoxo

fumolamota
08-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Pop shield, charge fire, drop time, tap ribbit, hit em w/ ice - rinse & repeat

Alrisaia
08-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Lighting/ice/time/shield for elite runs. My setup has a 25 percent crit hit. Thoughts?

Thanks!

I prefer mages I run with to have the following skills:

Wind - knock the mobs into the choke point or against the environment wall - DO NOT knock them away from the party
Ice - Use this skill only AFTER all the mobs have congregated on the tank - remember this skill is intended as crowd control, but ultimately you want the party to be able to damage those that are frozen as well as prevent them from attacking - thus, save your skills for the most opportune moment.
Timeshift - Slap this down right ontop of the tank - go outside of the shift and wind the ones you missed into it.
Shield - Stay alive. You're useless dead.
If you're pro and can stay alive in my pulls without shield - then sub that skill out for another crowd control skill (Fireball I think would be most useful)

I'm not 100% sure about the exact spec and what subskills to take, but I imagine the DoT is important on Ice and Timeshift and the Knockback ability on Wind. Otherwise... I'm not sure.

- Alrisaia

Azepeiete
08-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Fire-4/5 no last upgrade
Lightning-3/5 no stun or the explode upon death thing
Ice-3/5 the second and third upgrades
Time-4/5 no dodge decrease
5/5 int passive
5/5 dex passive
5/5 damage or strength if you don't have a mythic ring
1/5 damage or strength whichever you didn't take 4/5.
This is my favorite sorc build as you have the top 3 AOE skills and 1 boss skill. You're a bit squishy so it might take some getting used to.

Corulastroluz
08-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Fire-4/5 no last upgrade
Lifegiver-2/5 mana heal upgrade only
5/5 int passive
5/5 str passive
5/5 damage passive
2/5 dex passive

This is me. Took the damage passives since I know I won't have the expensive damage boost gear or mythics. I don't use shield either but I have good survivability. My normal loadout has 2.6k HP and 261.xx damage (dmg passives not calculated here), no mythics, with Clyde out. I do have a loadout for 3.2k HP and 800+ armor, but that's when I start dreaming of owning a mythic gun to offset the damage loss LOL.

I also use pots a lot, and use Lifegiver mainly on party play...so if I were to respec, I'd go with Warriorname's skill setup.

Azepeiete
08-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Life giver is absolutely pointless in pve, potions heal faster.
I'd like to see places where potions aren't allowed be introduced to give the skill effectiveness or something.

IronMonkey
08-12-2013, 09:51 PM
Fire-4/5 no last upgrade
5/5 int passive
5/5 dex passive
This is my favorite sorc build as you have the top 3 AOE skills and 1 boss skill. You're a bit squishy so it might take some getting used to.

Full offensive, well Time can be defensive as well. Are you full mythic?

Azepeiete
08-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Full offensive, well Time can be defensive as well. Are you full mythic?

I don't use my sorc anymore, but this is the build my rec team partners use. It doesn't matter if you're full mythic.

Alrisaia
08-13-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't use my sorc anymore, but this is the build my rec team partners use. It doesn't matter if you're full mythic.

Aze - I like that build for our pro mages - but for the ones who have trouble surviving in elite I suggest they replace lightning with shield.

Wutzgood
08-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Fire-4/5 no last upgrade
5/5 int passive
5/5 dex passive

Just switched to this set recently and its destructive. I have all 5 for ice though instead of damage and 4/5 strength. I like the ice patch since it can stop a mob if it lands right.

ryantat
08-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Lifegiver is important in pve and PvP too. When pve, you must support another if you want run faster. Actually, you can not run alone with shield, consider here.

Azepeiete
08-25-2013, 10:29 AM
In pve you have potions.