PDA

View Full Version : Match Making System - Ideas

Valsacar
08-03-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm not sure, none of us are, how exactly it works but I'm not too happy with the current system. It is nice to not have to spam past all those newbies anymore, but now I just don't see any good targets. I generally always went after those higher than I am, that's where the resources are that I need. Before I could easily find targets worth 50-100k+ and with some strategy normally win (or get resources and lose, both are fine when looking for resources). Now I rarely see more than 20k, because everyone is at the same basic level as me.

I think the basic rule should be 1 level down, 3 levels up. I can skip those that are too well defended, and if I attack them they will get revenge (which would bypass the level restriction). For example, right now I am DH5 and I generally see DH4-6, but I want bigger targets that are more challenging with more reward. With my suggestion that would give me DH4-DH8, and if I do manage to win against a DH8 they can use revenge on me (ignoring the normal 1 level lower rule).

You can then use trophies to adjust from there, so X trophies is the same as 1 level (or something similar). Perhaps make it dynamic, so that the top 10% (trophy count) of all people at a specific level count as 1 level higher for match making. So, using me again, I'm DH5 and easily in the top 10% of all DH5 (I'm currently in 6th place over all), so I would count as a DH6 for match making purposes. That means I can no longer hit DH4, but can see up to DH9 and by attacked by DH7.

It's a rough idea, that needs some work, but I think this lays the framework for a better match making system that protects people from being beat on by those too high up but still allows lower levels to grow easier by using good strategy in attacking those bigger (whom tend to have more resources available).

lexechano
08-04-2013, 12:29 AM
The player on the first rank keeps on spamming me. I'm obviously no match with him 300trophies against 6k+? Don't know how the matching goes. But I'm totally disappointed.

Valsacar
08-04-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm not sure what you are saying, right now it's trophies and hall level... but it appears like it's hall +/-1 and then trophies somehow factor in.

glengon
08-04-2013, 11:05 AM
The player on the first rank keeps on spamming me. I'm obviously no match with him 300trophies against 6k+? Don't know how the matching goes. But if he's admin trying to push me to buy pearls, It will now work. I'm totally disappointed with the matching, Almost with the game.

Whats your hall lvl? And maybe its because you have a lot of resources?

rockmayhem
08-05-2013, 05:07 AM
According to the info on this "upgrade", its based on hall lvl and trophies. Nothing mentioned about resources, dragons or anything else. As close as I have been able to figure is yes +/- 1hall lvl and trophy count is +/- 2k. Still not exactly sure as I keep getting hit by higher and higher trophy counts as mine goes lower and lower. Drop back and rethink strategy. Use those after attack guardians to your advantage. Two star loss will give you time to lvl up all your red dragons at one time, (if you hid part of your resources) or save coin and sheep (getting your guildies to boosts the one you need) for that more expensive lvl up you can't seem to save for.

glengon
08-05-2013, 08:26 AM
According to the info on this "upgrade", its based on hall lvl and trophies. Nothing mentioned about resources, dragons or anything else. As close as I have been able to figure is yes +/- 1hall lvl and trophy count is +/- 2k. Still not exactly sure as I keep getting hit by higher and higher trophy counts as mine goes lower and lower. Drop back and rethink strategy. Use those after attack guardians to your advantage. Two star loss will give you time to lvl up all your red dragons at one time, (if you hid part of your resources) or save coin and sheep (getting your guildies to boosts the one you need) for that more expensive lvl up you can't seem to save for.

lol i know its based on hall lvl and trophies. -_- I didnt say the matchmaking was based on resource...
I meant that maybe he had a lot of resources, so God(the first player on leaderboard) likes to attack and farm his resources. If lexechano had little resource, God wouldnt have attacked him so many times.

Darko
08-05-2013, 10:53 AM
I just wish it was more random..ita yhe same halls every singlr t ime for me....there's hundreds of players amd I get darkfader and pest first two every single time...gets boring facing same people and sucks having to spend money to skip the same people every single time

thorn
08-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Players feel that the matching system is better, but still bad. A player in my tribe moved his hall outside protection to encourage others to destroy it. He needed to bring his trophy count down to stay competitive! Clearly this is not how the game is meant to be played.

Proposal: Do not use trophy counts at all. Here is why: If I purchase a guardian or get a few from battles lost then my trophy count remains constant or decreases. Yet my fighting potential grows because I've been upgrading that whole time. Conversely, a player may battle his heart out and win a number of matches. But those victories all cost sheep and maybe he has won little gold. Trophy count goes up but fighting ability does not and maybe defending ability either remains constant or barely increases.

The primary factor should be hall level. In addition to hall level I propose one of these:

Suggestion 1: Compute the total investment in gold of all defense resources. This number accurately describes your defensive power and if another player with the same number is harder to beat that just means they have better strategy.

Suggestion 2: When I attack, an opponent is chosen by comparing his total investment of gold with my total investment of sheep (not my current army, but dojos, temple of war, barns)

Suggestion 3: Assign each player a new value called battle-factor (BF). The BF is just used internally and is not displayed. Without fighting, BF = hall-level * 1000. Every time a dragon hall upgrade is done, the BF increases, but by less than 1000.
With every battle, the BF either increases or decreases. If the battle is between two players with close BF values, then the BF goes up or down the same way trophy count does. But if I defeat a lesser player, my BF does not increase by much. If I defeat a stronger player, my BF increases by more and his by less.

One final suggestion: To encourage people to defend their dragon halls, increase the storage capacity of the hall at all levels.

glengon
08-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Players feel that the matching system is better, but still bad. A player in my tribe moved his hall outside protection to encourage others to destroy it. He needed to bring his trophy count down to stay competitive! Clearly this is not how the game is meant to be played.

Proposal: Do not use trophy counts at all. Here is why: If I purchase a guardian or get a few from battles lost then my trophy count remains constant or decreases. Yet my fighting potential grows because I've been upgrading that whole time. Conversely, a player may battle his heart out and win a number of matches. But those victories all cost sheep and maybe he has won little gold. Trophy count goes up but fighting ability does not and maybe defending ability either remains constant or barely increases.

The primary factor should be hall level. In addition to hall level I propose one of these:

Suggestion 1: Compute the total investment in gold of all defense resources. This number accurately describes your defensive power and if another player with the same number is harder to beat that just means they have better strategy.

Suggestion 2: When I attack, an opponent is chosen by comparing his total investment of gold with my total investment of sheep (not my current army, but dojos, temple of war, barns)

Suggestion 3: Assign each player a new value called battle-factor (BF). The BF is just used internally and is not displayed. Without fighting, BF = hall-level * 1000. Every time a dragon hall upgrade is done, the BF increases, but by less than 1000.
With every battle, the BF either increases or decreases. If the battle is between two players with close BF values, then the BF goes up or down the same way trophy count does. But if I defeat a lesser player, my BF does not increase by much. If I defeat a stronger player, my BF increases by more and his by less.

One final suggestion: To encourage people to defend their dragon halls, increase the storage capacity of the hall at all levels.

-Moving your tribe hall outside is a good tactic, especially when you have a lot of resources. Wouldnt you rather protect all of them in the middle and lose 5 trophies, and get guardian? Its not meant to bring your trophies down to stay competitive, its meant to be a farming tactic.
-Your trophy count will not remain constant if you can gradually build up a good base, and pvp often. If it decreases, it simply means your defense is bad and you dont pvp enough to earn them back.
-I wouldnt really attack if i were to lose more sheep than i would earn -_-, and i also wouldnt attack if i wouldnt get much gold., even if desperately wanted trophies
-The more you pvp, the more your "fighting ability" improves. The more you defend, the better your "defending ability" will be..
-@3suggestions, too confusing and unnecessary. Trophies are fine.
-Hall is not meant to store resources, people will defend their dragon halls if they care about trophies.
Thats what i think. :D

Dizzy
08-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Stop factoring in Trophies.

Go by hall level only, with a +/- factor of one, or at most, 2. Then:

as your hall level grows, each victory gives you more trophies. So someone with a level 5 hall might only get 15 trophies, while someone with a level 6 gets 20.

Taking trophies out of the equation means the LB makes sense, makes for better matches, and also allows for twinking.

ETA: then make matches random.