PDA

View Full Version : Farming

Neffy
08-03-2013, 01:35 AM
Is it still possible to receive pinks and rare pinks on character way out of the level range in that dungeon? Say I wanted to farm AO3 or sandstone, would I be able to receive rares?

ThePvpTwink
08-03-2013, 01:39 AM
Always fair drop rate no matter what level you are... Just depends on whether you prefer doing scaled farming instead.

Many 76/76 farm nuri and fang for the drops and they still drop...

Even if you're way below the level range, you still get drops.

The threat level of the enemy contributes slightly to the rate of rare loot however and being a higher level, you have lower chance than someone with a red threat level I believe

Neffy
08-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Okay. Because my bird I'll be using for farming is level 62 and it'd be pointless to try to grab a few rares if it isn't possible. I'm only farming for my new toon. (: Thank you!

Gragorak
08-03-2013, 03:48 AM
The threat level of the enemy contributes slightly to the rate of rare loot however and being a higher level, you have lower chance than someone with a red threat level I believe
Wrong, threat level only affects your xp gain.

Zentry
08-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Wrong, threat level only affects your xp gain.
Wrong it affects gold gain too, like Alien Oasis 2: Plasma Pyramid.

Doodlebeast
08-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Wrong it affects gold gain too, like Alien Oasis 2: Plasma Pyramid.

Wrong, it does not affect gold gain. It affects XP gain and also drop rate. Enemy difficulty also depends on threat levels. Green is the worst while red is the best.

Waug
08-03-2013, 05:04 AM
Wrong, it does not affect gold gain. It affects XP gain and also drop rate. Enemy difficulty also depends on threat levels. Green is the worst while red is the best.

I don't think l76 elite dragon boss is easy cause it shows white, thus it's relevant mostly on xp that also imply its a higher lvl same level or lower level enemy. ( that also not imply that it does not reflect anything else expect xp)

Gragorak
08-03-2013, 05:06 AM
Threat level indicates enemy difficulty, it doesn't affect it. And it doesn't affect drop rates either. Only thing it has any effect is xp rate.

Doodlebeast
08-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Threat level indicates enemy difficulty, it doesn't affect it. And it doesn't affect drop rates either. Only thing it has any effect is xp rate.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2888&d=1322136796

Gragorak
08-03-2013, 06:35 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2888&d=1322136796
Only thing that proves is that the player who wrote that guide thinks that threat level affects drop rates. Well, he's wrong. I've done some research regarding that matter (farming SSC with level 75 [white threat level] and 22 [yellow threat level] toons, writing down amount of purples/pinks per run. I did 200+ runs with both toons), and it clearly showed that threat levels have nothing to do with drop rates.

Also, there's also a guide about drop rates (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?30059-How-Drop-Rates-Work-%28Simplified%29-and-the-Factor-of-Luck-Elixirs). "The only factor that will alter your drop rate is the use of Luck Elixirs or the Big Luck hat"

[yoda]
08-03-2013, 03:52 PM
anything can drop at nay level, good luck

Neffy
08-04-2013, 05:51 AM
Well, considering I was getting a very nice amount of pinks at level 62 in Lost Expedition, AO2, and Skeller Returns (at any level, I was just doing it for scraping the items for gold), I'd say the level doesn't effect anything. Thank you all.