PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Suggestions for improvements

Xstarx
08-03-2013, 05:12 AM
So, I've been thinking that sorcerer needs improvement in mostly a lot to be balanced with Rogue and Warrior.
Mostly, Rogue is the main character that deals too much damage even with skill.
I got killed instantly with me using level 30 sorcerer against level 31 rogue using a skilled arrow.

My suggestion: Lightning skill-damaging allies around isn't effective, what I would like is maybe make it a multiple lightning strike on enemies near your range attack.
Like once you unlocked lightning, it will state 'Deals 35-68 damages, 2 range attacks. Strikes 2 foes in 2 range.'
And next upgrade is 'Deals 80-125 damages, 3 range attack. Strikes 3 foes in 3 range.'

So, basically it does damage to the ones near you and not around a target.

Kayoex
08-05-2013, 05:24 AM
True! in pvp rogues are the best because of skills and the warrior is unbeatable because of 4k/5k health.

Haligali
08-05-2013, 07:17 AM
My suggestion: switch class or stop pvping. If you decide still to play as a mage, then try to focus on pve as i do, especially crypts.

Xstarx
08-05-2013, 11:34 AM
My suggestion: switch class or stop pvping. If you decide still to play as a mage, then try to focus on pve as i do, especially crypts.

Then again, it won't help much for those with not strong weapons or good level.
It's ok, I understand.
Still, you may post any of your ideas to improve our sorcerer to a better working character.

Haligali
08-05-2013, 02:57 PM
You are right, i wasnt constructive.

My opinion: gale force extra speed bonus should help a bit when flag carrying. :)

Kraze
08-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Warrior: high armor insane hp

Rouge: high dodge and crit insane damage

Sorc: goes splat

Haligali
08-06-2013, 07:10 AM
Warrior: op heal
Rogue: op aimed shot
Sorc: ..... oo, surviving for 2 sec

Alhuntrazeck
08-06-2013, 07:44 AM
If we're going into all that...
Warrior n rogue heal damn OP. Rogues own 1v1s with them. Warriors heal gives them a freaking shield for like 2 secs. As if 4k Hp ain't enuff.
Rogues AS recharges so damn fast its like a normal bow attack--slower but dealing much more dmg.
warriors axe throw can pull u across half the zone if u lag. Unfair if I'm running from a gang.
Rogues zip across the map with 3 SPs with the flag. Warriors can SS fast enuff.

So many advantages the other classes have over us smurfs! Our power lies in our AoE and Mana ability though eboth of which a good PvP team is incomplete without.

Sry for going offtopic.

All I'm asking is for a dash skill tho fir flagging.

Xstarx
08-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Apparently, this is for sorcerer, dash skill doesn't suit for a Mage with a wand and a hoodie on it.
It just makes it look like a ninja-Mage then.

Well, you tried. I appreciate more solutions to buckle up our mages.

Haligali
08-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Hm i have another idea.

What if lightning strike 4th upgrade increase critical chance by 40% instead of stun 'chance'.

Xstarx
08-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Hm i have another idea.

What if lightning strike 4th upgrade increase critical chance by 40% instead of stun 'chance'.

That's seems fair since rogues ad warriors have high defense armor.

Or make it 50% stun enemies and they will be frozen for 3-5 secs.

Haligali
08-07-2013, 02:56 AM
That's seems fair since rogues ad warriors have high defense armor.

Or make it 50% stun enemies and they will be frozen for 3-5 secs.

Once you stunned your enemy with fireball, then stun on lightning i think completely useless,

Sorcerer class need improvement in crit, a full mythic got around ~10%, ok its more than before, was ~5%, with crit pet now can reach 15-20% but its lower than rogues base ~30% crit, and they can stack aimed.

moot
08-07-2013, 05:34 AM
If we're going into all that...

All I'm asking is for a dash skill tho for flagging.

You can flag by jerking backward using gale :p

Xstarx
08-07-2013, 06:39 AM
They do need more chance of critical shots at enemies.
I hope they would do something to make our mages better otherwise arcane will be full of warriors and rogues only.

Alhuntrazeck
08-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Apparently, this is for sorcerer, dash skill doesn't suit for a Mage with a wand and a hoodie on it.
It just makes it look like a ninja-Mage then.

Well, you tried. I appreciate more solutions to buckle up our mages.

Teleportation? :p

Alhuntrazeck
08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
You can flag by jerking backward using gale :p

Gale isn't worth it Imo lol

jabu69
08-07-2013, 11:07 AM
mages need some sort of special CC that makes it more unique than other classes. maybe mana burn or a silence

Xstarx
08-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Drain mana and health from enemies even PvP?
Sounds great to me:D

Corulastroluz
08-12-2013, 03:45 AM

I'm down with this! Lol,might be hard to implement though.

Imjebus
08-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm hoping for a crit increase....Maybe even make our heal similar to warriors where it gives a SIGNIFICANT amount of health over time.

moot
08-12-2013, 08:29 PM

Teleport-can teleport anywhere within 15 meter range. Cooldown 5 sec. Mana, no mana because we're mage, we ain't need mana to teleport! Super OPPPP.

Xstarx
08-13-2013, 06:42 AM
Teleport-can teleport anywhere within 15 meter range. Cooldown 5 sec. Mana, no mana because we're mage, we ain't need mana to teleport! Super OPPPP.

Teleportation seem fair but we may ditch teammates during difficult boss battles:p

Psykopathic28
08-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Ok so the whole teleport idea I'm pretty sure you stole from me Al. I've been talking about that for months already. Hehe
You guys are looking at it was wrong though. It wouldn't be teleport anywhere within so many meters. It would simply replace the incredibly flawed wind which does like no damage and speed boost doesn't help at all with flag. I play all 3 characters and I have over 1k flags with all 3. Rogues and warriors flag like 3x faster than mages hands down. The only way for us mages to even flag at 1/2 the speed is for us to join free flag games which are stupid but warrs and rogues are still gonna be faster there anyways. So basically "teleport" would be almost an exact replica of shadow piercer. Mages go from slow blue smurf to a speedy lil fireblaster. Alot of people tell me "but then mages can jump in with a 2 second shield and dominate. I say warriors already jump in with a 2 second shield on the whole team. As soon as mages shield is gone we are sitting sucks to aimed shot. I also think rasi idea of just making wind better while carrying flag (and somehow making it less silly also (lol) would prolly be a good balance fix. Nothing is wrong with our lightning though. Whoever keeps saying change out lightning can just change their class, they obviously don't understand how to use their sorc.

P.S. I have to sound like a noob and jump on the debuff aimed shot band wagon. I don't ask for much just 1 second longer cool down. Lol

Xstarx
08-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Ok so the whole teleport idea I'm pretty sure you stole from me Al. I've been talking about that for months already. Hehe
You guys are looking at it was wrong though. It wouldn't be teleport anywhere within so many meters. It would simply replace the incredibly flawed wind which does like no damage and speed boost doesn't help at all with flag. I play all 3 characters and I have over 1k flags with all 3. Rogues and warriors flag like 3x faster than mages hands down. The only way for us mages to even flag at 1/2 the speed is for us to join free flag games which are stupid but warrs and rogues are still gonna be faster there anyways. So basically "teleport" would be almost an exact replica of shadow piercer. Mages go from slow blue smurf to a speedy lil fireblaster. Alot of people tell me "but then mages can jump in with a 2 second shield and dominate. I say warriors already jump in with a 2 second shield on the whole team. As soon as mages shield is gone we are sitting sucks to aimed shot. I also think rasi idea of just making wind better while carrying flag (and somehow making it less silly also (lol) would prolly be a good balance fix. Nothing is wrong with our lightning though. Whoever keeps saying change out lightning can just change their class, they obviously don't understand how to use their sorc.

P.S. I have to sound like a noob and jump on the debuff aimed shot band wagon. I don't ask for much just 1 second longer cool down. Lol

We just need to think of something suitable for our Mage character.-.
Teleporting was your idea but they didn't make it.
So maybe try thinking of something else like Mage meteor shower skill.

Psykopathic28
08-14-2013, 07:50 PM
The reason I say teleport is cuz mages don't need combat improvements. We are just as deadly as rogues. Our problem is out complete lack of mobility.

Xstarx
08-15-2013, 02:39 AM
The reason I say teleport is cuz mages don't need combat improvements. We are just as deadly as rogues. Our problem is out complete lack of mobility.

I suppose you could phrase as that.
We, mages should be the the smartest and why Rogues kills a warrior faster than another rogue enemy.

Alhuntrazeck
08-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Here's a way which in an ideal Arlor would rock:

Mage taps teleport. Circle appears around mage. Mage tapz anywhere in that circle to move there. Ofc, op as hell in boss battles where id just wave gbye to my teammates and fly around the arena :p

Tekeport could also work as a simple dashing skill.

moot
08-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Good skill for pvp.

I want to fireball stun, curse and teleport away 100 meter..

Psykopathic28
08-15-2013, 01:25 PM
Well moot in that case,
You stun them with your fireball
Waste your curse
Then teleport away (ur curse doesn't work if they can't hit you)
And nothing ends up accomplished.

The proper combo would be:
Shield
Teleport
Lightning
Curse
Teleport
Lightning

Kayoex
08-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Well, the mage needs improvements. my opinion is to increase crit and add a new skill maybe? I feel like warriors and rogues are owning mages atm in pvp, except the mages with vili and the mythic gun rune flare that doesn't have any problems fighting, hope something comes soon :adoration:

Xstarx
08-23-2013, 01:19 AM
Mage mythic is cool-looking but doesn't do much damage compare to rogue and warrior.
Completely and utterly destroys the Mage Code for us Arcane Players.

Cero
08-23-2013, 08:17 AM
Playdead skill:D
sorc.not.only.lacks.mobility but also on survivability.

looks like this

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/a6d5eb860736d7895bb80ce815a49abd_zps3b875913.jpg

Xstarx
08-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Playdead skill:D
sorc.not.only.lacks.mobility but also on survivability.

looks like this

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/a6d5eb860736d7895bb80ce815a49abd_zps3b875913.jpg

That skill should be added for pets lol. They playdead for fun when you are bored.
Although pets only can dance or taunt that's all it does.

Mages aren't animals:(