PDA

View Full Version : regarding the scammers

braverock
08-03-2013, 06:32 AM
hi our lovely AL programmers,,

1. For suggestion, may need put some 'timer' option on transaction/trade, so when the payment or stuff out of agreement it can returnable,,, may 5 mins,,, or else,,, (guaranty opt,)

2. also, many ppl distrust others, coz sometime players borrow other players stuff and not give it back to the owner of stuff,,, i believe the game system has a log activity data for each player, so it can be easy to trace, hope my friends who have been scammed can get their stuff back ,,,, *I hope STS can help with,,,

one of my friend told me that he wanna stop playing when kind like this not resolved,,, coz he think, it means game hasnot safety,,,,

thanks, hope we can solve something here

Amazonina
08-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I agree
hi our lovely AL programmers,,

1. For suggestion, may need put some 'timer' option on transaction/trade, so when the payment or stuff out of agreement it can returnable,,, may 5 mins,,, or else,,, (guaranty opt,)

2. also, many ppl distrust others, coz sometime players borrow other players stuff and not give it back to the owner of stuff,,, i believe the game system has a log activity data for each player, so it can be easy to trace, hope my friends who have been scammed can get their stuff back ,,,,

one of my friend told me that he wanna stop playing when kind like this not resolved,,, coz he think, it means game hasnot safety,,,,

thanks, hope we can solve something here

MfKaz
08-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Oh Please! Look, You can't do anything about Scammers the only way to avoid them is using your own common sense and to just report the player or ignore them. There is no other way STS can change Scammers in anyway because Scammers will never change. STS can't ban every single player just because they are suspicious of illicit activities. If you've been scammed, it's your own fault and you should of used your brain in the first place. That's the price you get for messing around with people who call you their 'Friends' when they really just want your items and gold. There is no point of STS installing like Scam detectors and other ideas you members are trying to implement. I understand you are trying to help but there is no use for it. It's never gonna happen!

Rare
08-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Spoken like a true scammer ^

Most of your posts could use a little more tact. This particular post... Unnecessary and absurd.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

MfKaz
08-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Most of your posts could use a little more tact. This particular post... Unnecessary and absurd.

I spoke like a true scammer?. I dispise scammers and wish scamming never existed. Did you even read what I wrote at the end?. I understood where this member was coming from and I understood he was trying to help and I'm sure players know that having anti-scam solutions wouldn't make a difference. I hate scammers myself and calling me a scammer was not very nice of you. And you say my post was absurd? Well take a look at yours first before you even try aiming anything at me. I'm just trying to get my point out here all posts are Necessary in a way. So there's no point at pointing the finger at me..

Rare
08-03-2013, 01:43 PM
. There is no point of STS installing like Scam detectors and other ideas you members are trying to implement.!

Yeah. I read what you wrote.

And I read a lot of your other troll posts too.

Its a big problem in al. More than any of their other games. And your solution is to turn a blind eye?

Some "scams" aren't scams at all. Some scams take advantage of people and exploit flaws in the system. Like when there are 10 consecutive digits with no separator.

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Swords
08-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Scamming wouldn't be a problem if people weren't gullable and easily trusting someone or just too lazy to inspect the whole trade situation.

You can't simply stop scam cuz it's mostly everywhere but what u can do is be more careful, and report the player, simple as that

Rare
08-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Scamming wouldn't be a problem if people weren't gullable and easily trusting someone or just too lazy to inspect the whole trade situation.

You can't simply stop scam cuz it's mostly everywhere but what u can do is be more careful, and report the player, simple as that

Actually, adding separators would fix it.

MfKaz
08-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah. I read what you wrote.

And I read a lot of your other troll posts too.

Its a big problem in al. More than any of their other games. And your solution is to turn a blind eye?

Some "scams" aren't scams at all. Some scams take advantage of people and exploit flaws in the system. Like when there are 10 consecutive digits with no separator.

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Troll posts? Well I never knew my posts where Fantasy Creatures. I'm part of the solution to get rid of scamming no doubt about that. The reason I said it is because STS won't implement them. They've ignored what others have written that would be a good idea for AL. I knew STS wouldn't implement them that's why.

Rare
08-03-2013, 01:58 PM
The reason I said it is because STS won't implement them.

Oh, I totally got that from the line I quoted above.

braverock
08-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Oh Please! Look, You can't do anything about Scammers the only way to avoid them is using your own common sense and to just report the player or ignore them. There is no other way STS can change Scammers in anyway because Scammers will never change. STS can't ban every single player just because they are suspicious of illicit activities. If you've been scammed, it's your own fault and you should of used your brain in the first place. That's the price you get for messing around with people who call you their 'Friends' when they really just want your items and gold. There is no point of STS installing like Scam detectors and other ideas you members are trying to implement. I understand you are trying to help but there is no use for it. It's never gonna happen!

:) ok bro, this is just a problem matters and suggestion, so if it cant implement decision is not on urs, let them decide, at least we told what happen and what we need, coz my friends that has been scammed, all are love this game, playing alot, and also spent alot of real money for their stuff / characters,, so better we have 'something' before it happened again.

Energizeric
08-03-2013, 04:22 PM
As a merchant, often times I only buy an item if I have already found a buyer. So I will buy an item and then sell it 2 minutes later. Having to wait in order to sell it can ruin this as the more time that goes by, the more likely someone is to change their mind. I have already gotten stuck with items in the past, I don't need a system where it increases the chance of that happening. There is a confirmation screen for a reason -- that is your chance to decide whether or not you want to back out. Problem is nobody actually reads the confirmation screen.

Here's an idea..... Maybe the confirmation screen should have a 15 second timer, and you can't choose "accept" until the 15 second timer runs out. Then players would actually be forced to look at the confirmation screen for a few seconds and read the transaction, and they will see if the right amount of gold and items are there.

Kraze
08-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Commas would help the whole missing zero issue with trades and underlisting in cs. However most of the "omgz I wuz scammered" threads tend to be people either getting greedy (attempting to double up items buying things at far too low of a price) or people lending items out. Bottom line any of these proposed changes would be too resource consuming to be practical.

Bottom line I'd rather have new content and a smooth running game than a bunch of safety protocols to protect those without a shred of common sense

MfKaz
08-03-2013, 04:50 PM
:) ok bro, this is just a problem matters and suggestion, so if it cant implement decision is not on urs, let them decide, at least we told what happen and what we need, coz my friends that has been scammed, all are love this game, playing alot, and also spent alot of real money for their stuff / characters,, so better we have 'something' before it happened again.

I'm not saying the decision is one me. All I'm just saying is that these scam free systems won't be implemented I know of it. How many threads have you seen about scamming system that have actually been implemented? Just honestly tell me? I want to stop scamming myself & I have lost several items I spent loads of money on. I'd like a system to be implemented but I know it won't happen.

braverock
08-03-2013, 05:28 PM
As a merchant, often times I only buy an item if I have already found a buyer. So I will buy an item and then sell it 2 minutes later. Having to wait in order to sell it can ruin this as the more time that goes by, the more likely someone is to change their mind. I have already gotten stuck with items in the past, I don't need a system where it increases the chance of that happening. There is a confirmation screen for a reason -- that is your chance to decide whether or not you want to back out. Problem is nobody actually reads the confirmation screen.

Here's an idea..... Maybe the confirmation screen should have a 15 second timer, and you can't choose "accept" until the 15 second timer runs out. Then players would actually be forced to look at the confirmation screen for a few seconds and read the transaction, and they will see if the right amount of gold and items are there.

i see, thats why i call this is an 'option' on trade screen, so players can choose they need to use it or not when trading,,,,

braverock
08-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Commas would help the whole missing zero issue with trades and underlisting in cs. However most of the "omgz I wuz scammered" threads tend to be people either getting greedy (attempting to double up items buying things at far too low of a price) or people lending items out. Bottom line any of these proposed changes would be too resource consuming to be practical.

Bottom line I'd rather have new content and a smooth running game than a bunch of safety protocols to protect those without a shred of common sense

yes agreed,, indeed, 'commas' needed aswell,,, our own eyes are 'true scammers' :)

braverock
08-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm not saying the decision is one me. All I'm just saying is that these scam free systems won't be implemented I know of it. How many threads have you seen about scamming system that have actually been implemented? Just honestly tell me? I want to stop scamming myself & I have lost several items I spent loads of money on. I'd like a system to be implemented but I know it won't happen.

ok :), let them decide,,,, may they need to make simple 'guide' about this... when someone been scammed, ppl sometimes just mad, not playing anymore, coz they don't know what todo next....

marshmallow
08-04-2013, 10:23 AM

I spoke like a true scammer?. I dispise scammers and wish scamming never existed. Did you even read what I wrote at the end?. I understood where this member was coming from and I understood he was trying to help and I'm sure players know that having anti-scam solutions wouldn't make a difference. I hate scammers myself and calling me a scammer was not very nice of you. And you say my post was absurd? Well take a look at yours first before you even try aiming anything at me. I'm just trying to get my point out here all posts are Necessary in a way. So there's no point at pointing the finger at me..

Sorry to bring this thread up again. All I can say is this:

Don't worry you got my word :').
Hi Mfkaz, you said you can't log in because you're with your mom but I'm glad you got in right after we exchange private messages. You may have gotten my message. Also, can you please explain this screenshot I got for you?
http://i44.tinypic.com/2e3u0ci.jpg

He owes me by the way. I hope we'll meet in-game soon and accept my invites.

Y O L O
08-04-2013, 12:42 PM
If he doesn't send me a pm.I'll show that thing.

Rare
08-05-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm honestly not surprised

braverock
08-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Sorry to bring this thread up again. All I can say is this:

Hi Mfkaz, you said you can't log in because you're with your mom but I'm glad you got in right after we exchange private messages. You may have gotten my message. Also, can you please explain this screenshot I got for you?
http://i44.tinypic.com/2e3u0ci.jpg

He owes me by the way. I hope we'll meet in-game soon and accept my invites.

sorry for what happen marshi,,, i know the STS do the best for us,,, but i hope they make some action, fix the tools etc., to avoid this kinds of behaviour

marshmallow
08-06-2013, 12:34 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/szebv6.jpg

sorry for what happen marshi,,, i know the STS do the best for us,,, but i hope they make some action, fix the tools etc., to avoid this kinds of behaviour
Unfortunately, STS haven't replied yet. I hope they won't just let the guy loose like nothing happens. I occasionally see him hanging around in towns and I can't do anything about it so I just suck it up. It's like scammers won't get threatened even after being reported. I really hope this won't go to nothing.

Deadroth
08-06-2013, 12:39 PM

Unfortunately, STS haven't replied yet. I hope they won't just let the guy loose like nothing happens. I occasionally see him hanging around in towns and I can't do anything about it so I just suck it up. It's like scammers won't get threatened even after being reported. I really hope this won't go to nothing.

Ofc they don't do anything :) This was, is and will be their work. Thats all. Don't tell me i am rude, cuz i am right, i reported 12 scammers and none of them was banned...

braverock
08-10-2013, 09:39 AM

i really don't know what criteria to be called as scammers from sts side actually... -_-